WW - Am I running at my characters full potential?

Tonight we cleared Spirit Kings for the first time, and I thought that I did decent damage / dps. I'm wondering, that with my current gear setup / ilvl if I'm able to squeeze any more damage out of my character at this point.

Logs from tonight

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-f9...9/?s=280&e=775

armory profile

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hlyte/advanced

Any insight from other raiding WW's would be greatly appreciated.

Looks good, you had a good uptime on all your buffs maybe utilize ToK (thats 350k damage) a bit more and try to use EnB on CD, it was a 8m fight so you missed 2 times :P. Also, you should try to help your healer a bit more with self heals (at least with Expel harm).
    Last edited by Gungrir; 2012-10-25 at 05:03 AM.

You currently have Inscription and JC for professions. If possible you should switch to Engineering and Leatherworking - Leathworking is a ~10 agi increase over JC. Engineering is by far the best profession available, the glove tinker is roughly ~490 agi passively when used on CD. Unless your healers specified they needed help on healing you shouldn't be using Chi Burst (If you were using this for AoE Damage on MCs, SCK spam while maintaining 3 stacks of Tiger Power and the RSK Debuff on all targets is far more damage.) I have no idea why you would use Crackling Jade Lightning, despite Spirit Kings being a movement intensive fight; WW Monks have arguably the best mobility next to Warriors. If you're out of range and have Chi, Spinning Fire Blossom is better. Otherwise looks solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Clebzz View Post
    You currently have Inscription and JC for professions. If possible you should switch to Engineering and Leatherworking - Leathworking is a ~10 agi increase over JC. Engineering is by far the best profession available, the glove tinker is roughly ~490 agi passively when used on CD. Unless your healers specified they needed help on healing you shouldn't be using Chi Burst (If you were using this for AoE Damage on MCs, SCK spam while maintaining 3 stacks of Tiger Power and the RSK Debuff on all targets is far more damage.) I have no idea why you would use Crackling Jade Lightning, despite Spirit Kings being a movement intensive fight; WW Monks have arguably the best mobility next to Warriors. If you're out of range and have Chi, Spinning Fire Blossom is better. Otherwise looks solid.
    I don't see Chi Burst in his logs, i guess you meant Chi Wave.

When they are progressing on regular mode raids, changing professions for slight upgrades is just silly. Also engineering is the same as any other prof 1920 agi for 10 seconds every 60 seconds 60/10 = 6 1920/6 = 320, its great for stacking with other stuff burst but as soon as you don't use it on cd you are getting less "passive" agi than other professions. Leatherworking is actually great for now since it is basically 500 agi in the place of 170 mastery, but that will come in line quickly once the 170 agi enchant becomes more readily available.

These upgrades are also assuming that his current professions are not used regularly by the raid group, if they are changing them may hurt the raid more than they would help.

10+ Year Old Account
    On a related question would it be better for me to swap to DPS on this fight since all of my tank gear is translating into WW gear while our Warrior is still building a DPS set? Hard to decide as I'm already doing 40-42k on that fight as a tank so would have to pull a good chunk more DPS as WW in current gear to justify it (still have yet to spec into it and set up a WW UI and WA's). Currently i472.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    On a related question would it be better for me to swap to DPS on this fight since all of my tank gear is translating into WW gear while our Warrior is still building a DPS set? Hard to decide as I'm already doing 40-42k on that fight as a tank so would have to pull a good chunk more DPS as WW in current gear to justify it (still have yet to spec into it and set up a WW UI and WA's). Currently i472.
    Make the warrior switch. The jump in dps from his tank build to his dps build should be greater than your jump.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Thanks for the insight.

I don't remember exactly how or why I had Jade Lightning being used during that encounter, I think I might of hit the wrong hot key or something.

I was throwing a Chi Wave out every one in awhile to help throw some quick heals around to help out heals and such.

As for professions go, from what I gathered is that all professions will level out with one another, and I picked professions that I felt I would make the most of in terms of raiding and outside of raiding. While things like Engineering are good for that extra burst, but I prefer a static gain through out professions.

Getting around and moving from target to target wasn't too bad either. In terms of the MC that was fairly easy to dismantle too, we just called for a stack when he began casting it, and I would just SCK and pretty much clear that up in 2 ticks.

If my understanding is correct though, aside from a few mishaps I'm getting as much from the character as I can right now which is refreshing to hear. Now, I'll just pray for some new weapons in the new future. Debating if I should just craft the 476 Staff in the mean time.

15+ Year Old Account
    You currently have Inscription and JC for professions. If possible you should switch to Engineering and Leatherworking - Leathworking is a ~10 agi increase over JC.
    I recall seeing in the patch notes for 5.1 that they are buffing the bracer enchants to 180 to bring LWing in line with the rest of the professions. Unless he's on cutting edge progression, it's not really worth swapping for a temporary 10 agi bonus. OTOH, LWing is pretty swell due to the free leg agi enchants as well and if they do epic gems like Cata, JCing will get screwed again.