Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    atleast the koreans know which raid difficult should people be doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Serenia View Post
    Seperate lockouts would be nice. It would be awesome to do 10 man guild run and then pug it out with 1-2 other good guilds on server for 25 man. Helps to improve the community if done right, if ppl are stupid and start ninjaing for their guild or disagreeing about who is the tank, who is doing good dps or not and who should be healer or left out and stuff it will cause a lot of drama though xD

*Hopes for the best*
    And this I can support. Seperate lockouts = yes from me, better loot for 25 man/forced 25 man = big no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Forgive me for asking, but...

Why does anyone care if the Koreans have a percieved advantage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    They didn't give an item level advantage just increased the speed of Rep and Gear farming.

More gear is most definately an item level advantage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    YES! 25 man groups finally get rewarded with better gear than 10 man. Back to the golden age of ICC.
    Yeeeees!

Hope this comes to all realms asap

For anyone who is complaining abt 25 man dps reqs, there are things like skull banner and storm lash nowdays, which 25 man gets to pop pretty much every 30 secs-1 min when on 10 man you get 1 or 2 tops per 3 mins, in 25 man you can chain skull banners to last the whole burn phase also, so naturally the dps req should be higher per person than what it is in 10 man. If it aint well then 25 man would be far far easyer than 10 mans. And even atm it is happening cause for a 10 man bringing 2 warrior or is allready kinda not optimal in setup design

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by djriff View Post
    if this did get moved to all servers i think it would help out less pop. servers forming up 25 mans, esp once you can basically do a 10 man in one night once everyone is mostly geared. Good thing about a small server is most people know everyone and pugging isn't to hard.
    Or this is actually a bad thing when you know everyone and actually don't want to raid with any of them...

Works both ways.

OT: Not saying it's a bad idea, all I hope is they take allot of stuff into consideration such as 10 mans having to merge for said changes. And pretty much removing 10 man competitive raiding. As bigger guilds can prolly run 25 heroic/normals that are easier to get gear and abuse said gear over the normal loot obtained by the smaller guilds w/o this opportunity...

Plus what seperate difficulty and gear levels will create is that 10 man hc guilds will feel the need to run 25 man normals, and 25 man hc guilds will feel the need to run 10 man heroic, in both cases the item levels that those groups have are higher than what the content is designed for, and if blizzard decides to buff the encounters even on 10 man cause of this, it will make any 10 man guild that doesnt wanna raid 25 man quit progression oriented raiding

I hope blizz wil make this change for all regions, else ppl will complain

Quote Originally Posted by zucchellij View Post
    More gear is most definately an item level advantage.
    Not for new set of raids. Koreans would destroy T15 with their superior gear once they roll out. They would be decked in 515 item level sets while the rest of the world uses 509.

This will kill Wow forever if they think this will solve anything. Worst idea EVER

Separate lockouts = YES YES YES, awesome.

Better gear? NOOOO, no that entirely undermines the fucking point. If I have only 9 friends on a day, cool we can raid still, but now with the added bonus of "its too easy, we out gear it, even though it is current" wtf blizzard, what the bloody fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by mich125 View Post
    I hope blizz wil make this change for all regions, else ppl will complain
    More people will complain if they do.

So if they do it, then every guild, that wish to race for sever first will need to kill 50 (25+10+LFR+Sha+Galleon) bosses each week and still get time for progress runs. And they WILL need to do 10ppl and even LFR for loot. Yeah "great"news indeed. This can worked well in Firelands with fewer bosses, but not now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Not for new set of raids. Koreans would destroy T15 with their superior gear once they roll out. They would be decked in 515 item level sets while the rest of the world uses 509.
    Doesn't it disqualify Koreans in the World First "race"?

Quote Originally Posted by djriff View Post
    if this did get moved to all servers i think it would help out less pop. servers forming up 25 mans, esp once you can basically do a 10 man in one night once everyone is mostly geared. Good thing about a small server is most people know everyone and pugging isn't to hard.
    You never played on low pop server, didn't you?..
    Help small realms form 25 man? LMAO, my old realm couldn't do a 10 men raid, we were getting pugs for 3 days until we managed to form a group for DS.. I don't remember last time when there were even 25 people online in main city...

This change will screw small realms even more than they are screwed ATM.. They will be basically excluded from a progression patch completely and suffer even greater distance to more crowded ones where you could pug second raid if needed..
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Is it reasonable to assume that Blizz are "testing the waters" with the KR realms and that they are considering making this change global?

Also, why isn't this on the front page yet? Pretty big news, IMO. Wakey wakey, Boub!
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Quote Originally Posted by Hiricine View Post
    If this change goes to Korea and not to the U.S. realms, I'm strongly considering getting a Korean client.
    You can stay with normal EU/US client, all you need is Korean MoP Acc

This argument really is moot until we are provided with some hard evidence:

1. Impact on the 10 man guild community in regard there being a different lockout
    - Will this have a negative impact or positive impact? Will it increase the number of 25 man instances being entered or will it remain the same? Does recruitment on the affected servers attract a higher chance to end up in a stable guild?

2. Difficulty challenges
    - Will the difficulty change dramatically for 25 mans given that there is a higher standard of loot on offer, in particular fights that are deemed dps races?

3. Intent of implementation
    - This is currently, from what I understand, being implemented on Asian realms. Is their intent to test this out for future implementation on US and EU realms or does it stop here?

4. Fall back position
    - In the event that this is not as received as well as they hope will it revert back to the current system, or will something new come up?

5. Market stability
    - Will the BMAH now house items on all realms from potential 25 man heroic raid instances or will it only be on Korean realms?

Given the changes are proposed for going live and not currently live it would be unfair to enter into speculation without understanding the full evidence yet to be provided. From a personal standpoint in a ten man guild I am more interested to know how it works and what benefits/losses there are in the end. Although we are still at the start of the expansion recruitment for a ten man alliance guild seems increasingly difficult, and if such changes it may become exacerbated.

Personally I'd like to see one of two scenarios play out.
    The first is introduce a lockout system that is 10-15 man and 20-25 man, with the number of players in the raid instance increasing the difficulty of the encounter. Logistically tuning a fight would be a nightmare but would allow a lot of flexibility for guilds to work on encounters. No need to increase the ilvl of loot for 25 man, just adjust the number of loot potential to increase as numbers of players increase.
    Secondly have the ten man format remain as is, but allow for cross realm available for 25 man normal and heroic content. This would allow like minded players to gravitate toward each other without requiring to leave their current guild or server transfer, in event a similar situation as the KR servers come into play. Alot of guilds broke up in Cata, and more in MoP as players gravitated away from the game and the 10 man raid scenarios became more enticing over recruitment. In the event guilds partook in a cross realm situation make the loot situation become more like the LFR style (you're in on a boss fight you either get gold or loot) however make the chance of loot coming from the fortune coin being increased.

In the end though we need to wait and see...
    http://youtu.be/ScDJR3G-vUo?t=46s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    This would be insane. Once again forcing people to raid 10 and 25... It will lead to a loss of subscribers again. If people need incentives to do 25 man, they obviously dont like it, but are just lootwhores.
    Subscribers wern't lost in WOLTK, it was WoW's most active time. If this got spread across all regions i'd welcome this with open arms. I LOVED this style of raiding in 3.2/3.3, it felt like we actually had something meaningful to do. As i recall nobody was forced either, nearly all realms had a healthy balance of 10 and 25 man guilds, where as the state we are in now where i'm in the ONLY 25 man guild left on our realm.