Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawwad View Post
    Not everyone can afford multiple computers. If he has a need for a Laptop and you can play just fine on one, there is really no reason to get a desktop PC.
    Then you shouldn't complain about fps issues if you chose your hardware.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Then you shouldn't complain about fps issues if you chose your hardware.
    What's your point? I really don't understand where you are going with this.

If this comes to EU/USA I'm done with this game. Making both raid sized equal and being able to choose which you like better was the one best change in this game for me. I don't want to raid 25 mans. I've done it in the past (BC, WOTLK, even some 40man MC in Classic) and I hate it. If 25 mans would again drop better items, 10 mans would be considerably easier and that would completely break the game for me. I'm not a HC raider but I do enjoy progression through content with-out outside assistance.
    10mans are allready considerably easier.. u cant deny that... the only ones saying it has the same difficulty is the 10man strict guilds.. 25man guilds can downsize to a 10man for a kill that they cant do on 25man heroic due to 25man needs way more coordination and all that.. + with the new buff system u can easily do the same dps in a 10man group as u can in a 25 ( single target fight atleast ) cause 10mans can get all buffs now just like in 25 man.. so giving this change to EU/US aswell would defo be usefull and the best option atm

Quote Originally Posted by PHsname View Post
    Uuuuuuuuuuugh this is bad. Maintaining a 25-man roster is so bad...it's why we moved down to 10-man in the first place.

Beyond that, I can't even run 25-man raids with a decent framerate anymore. I'm boned.
    Your computer must be ancient if you can't run 25mans well

So many people still acting like this will happen in the US and EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey111 View Post
    Your computer must be ancient if you can't run 25mans well
    It's five, going on six, years old.

Quote Originally Posted by PHsname View Post
    It's five, going on six, years old.

Did they drastically change computer requirements for the game? I raided 40 mans back in the day on a computer built in 2002 (WOW released 2004).

Quote Originally Posted by Benea View Post
    Did they drastically change computer requirements for the game? I raided 40 mans back in the day on a computer built in 2002 (WOW released 2004).
    It has changed a LOT from day 1. Windows 98/ME/2000/XP Intel Pentium III 800MHz 256MB of RAM 32MB graphics card

Today we find a lot higher demands on the computer needed

---------- Post added 2012-10-25 at 01:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by skitz0129 View Post
    So many people still acting like this will happen in the US and EU.
    If it happens it means the day 2 wow subs got cancelled in this household. 2 subs that have been current since day 1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benea View Post
    Yes the hardware requirements change a lot yes.
    Retired... but for how long? WAS DRAGGED TO THE LEGION HYPETRAIN!!!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vashiq/simple

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Laptops were never for gaming, and since you can't OC the CPU on a laptop(at least not to an extent like you can on a desktop) and Laptops come with really bad CPUs compared to the Desktop ones :/
    Yet laptops are sold a lot more than desktop and the reason WoW has relatively low technical graphics is so that it can cater to the masses. That doesn't mean you should expect it to run on cheap netbooks and such, but moderate and slightly older hardware should run it fine. Laptops are a lot less behind versus desktops these days anyway as long as you don't buy the a bottom of the gutter one. I've recently bought a new laptop for my mother and it runs WoW pretty much maxed out with decent framerates on 1080P for about 1200 euros. The only reason we however even went into that price range was for a good screen and the SSD. With 800-900 euros you can get a laptop who does that as well.
    My old Dell XPS M1530 cost me 800 back then and still runs WoW very reasonable (just keep shadows and water quality on low and the rest medium to high). 25 mans are just stretching it, although for some reason in MoP it seems actually slightly to perform better compared to Cata in 25-man raids. The point of transition for it being unplayable is the moment it begins to stutter and to interfere with my ability to react properly. This occurred with me with my now very old P4 gaming desktop in ICC. The laptop just outperformed despite it having a slightly worse GPU, but a 1000 times better CPU. GPU reqs you can tune, CPU ones a lot less so I experienced (not just in WoW).

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    If this comes to EU/USA I'm done with this game. Making both raid sized equal and being able to choose which you like better was the one best change in this game for me. I don't want to raid 25 mans. I've done it in the past (BC, WOTLK, even some 40man MC in Classic) and I hate it. If 25 mans would again drop better items, 10 mans would be considerably easier and that would completely break the game for me. I'm not a HC raider but I do enjoy progression through content with-out outside assistance.
    I sure would aswell if I raided(Stopped with the release of MoP). Was so happy when they announced that 10/25 shared lockout so I could PvE with rl mates instead of 25 with 15 randoms etc. Also I feel it gives 25man raids the ability to farm better gear, than they might have, in between progression raids.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    OP should reeeeally change the topic name. There's nothing saying for certain that those change will come to EU/US. Myself, I don't really believe it, at least the "higher ilvl" part. It would require rebalancing 25s, which would be a lot of work that could (and should) be spent on developing new content instead.

As for separate lockouts - quite possible. I mean, one of 5.1 changes is "The Statistics page now tracks and displays 10-player and 25-player raid boss kills separately." - so it might have been the first step.

I wouldn't mind it, myself. Might help out with recruitment, it's been such a pain since Cataclysm. And there's always the "but no one is forcing you to do X format" that's being used all that time. Funny how suddenly it doesn't apply.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2012-10-25 at 02:18 PM.

Deleted
    People are crying they don't have time to do dailies, yet they would reintroduce system that makes them raid two raids in one lockout? Don't think so.

Koreans spend much more time on their computers so it won't affect them that much, but I can't see it working fine in US/EU. Just as double lockout was introduced there long time ago yet it's still not introduced in US/EU.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenfinn View Post
    Oh god... Being forced to run both 10 and 25man again?

Please no
    Implying your not forced to run LFR and normal right now.

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3

10+ Year Old Account
    That would be wonderful change. This game might become interesting again and I might actually start to raid again.

What's your point? I really don't understand where you are going with this.
    So what was your point exactly?
    N

doesn't matter what blizzard does, people will qq and others will cheer!

I'd love to see this come to the US.

Deleted
    Very strange move, totally contradicts the "10=25 in difficulty" they try to sell since Cataclysm.

Deleted
    No no no no no no

This would be horrible, First off they're shafting all 10-man guilds, and all because 25-man raiders cry because "No one wants to play 25mans anymore!!!!! (((((" Well guess what sweetcheeks, people play what they prefer, now if the majority of the WoW community thinks 25-man raids sucks, well tough luck.
    And here comes blizzard and wants to FORCE you back into 25man? jesus.

There's already sooo many things you need to do in-game, farm cash for raids, do LFR, do Dailies, and then you raid. add in another raid lockout and people will run out of time. It will be even more so "I have to do this" rather than "Oh, I'd like to do this!"

And before any wiseass comes along saying "You're not forced to do anything!" You are, if you want to maximize your performance you will have to do everything you can to get the best gear.

So please, flush this stupid idea down the drain.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Narshe View Post
    Implying your not forced to run LFR and normal right now.
    LFR is different. You can clear that by yourself with the raid finder in an evening while also doing all your dailies and Sha. Normal and heroic raid instances require regular raidgroups with all the overhead that comes with it, plus a decent time investment.