Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Insane DPS for a level 80 S-priest?

So just ran a Blackrock Caverns on my Monk, get in and the group is just getting to Beauty, i catch up and we start the fight, she went down HARD

my recount showed 12 seconds to death

Recount - Damage Done for Beauty 03:11:15-03:11:27
    1. Shadow Priest 764842 (56550.0, 81.8%)
    2. Balance Druid 61212 (5499.7, 6.5%)
    3. Blood DK 45991 (3313.5, 4.9%)
    4. Me ( windwalker monk) 32294 (3132.3, 3.5%)
    5. Warlock 30388 (3155.6, 3.3%)

can someone explain to me what happened?

the priests most damage was from the Devouring Plague spell
    Last edited by Omians; 2012-10-25 at 09:02 AM.
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

Purely skill, obviously.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

Deleted
    over the course of a 12sec death, DP probably will feature highly.

chances are they went into the fight with 3 orbs up and it critted.

as to why the figures are high, ive no idea

10+ Year Old Account
    well just had a group with a frost DK that qued as tank, was doing 40K to just about everything, finnally noticed that the Priest and this DK have those level 80 BoE blues from pandaria guess thats why the DPS is so high

Might be possible through high-ilvl MoP gear available at Lv80, with the scaling level of two expansions before. Super high Mastery rating perhaps? Still, 566k DPS seems way too high...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xami View Post
    Might be possible through high-ilvl MoP gear available at Lv80, with the scaling level of two expansions before. Super high Mastery rating perhaps? Still, 566k DPS seems way too high...
    556k? oops 1 to many numbers fixed, its 56K

---------- Post added 2012-10-25 at 06:38 AM ----------

ran into the shadow priest, did 50K dps this time around

He probably had some MOP boes that require level 80. Fight was probably very short and DP had full or almost full uptime.
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    He probably had some MOP boes that require level 80. Fight was probably very short and DP had full or almost full uptime.
    This. Many of the level 80-83 MoP BoEs are freaking OP as all get-out. I was in a group with a ret pally using the 2h sword, and he was pulling almost 15kDPS the whole run. At 80. There were people in HoT heroics that couldn't even pull that at 85 >.>

My monk tank was decked out in MoP BoEs from level 80 on. I had something like 120k at 83, and was pulling around 15k DPS. MoP has really messed with people's DPS, for sure!
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Deleted
    What others have said. Those new MoP BoEs equipable at 80-84 have turned what was once a joke level bracket into a farce, and going into a fight with three orbs up is always going to be nice.

At that low of a level with MoP blues your secondary stats scale astronomically high.

I remember my Fire Mage rocking 55% crit/38% mastery while leveling at 80 just with mostly cata greens/blues. I'm sure it's only more extreme with MoP stuff.

The MOP items are kinda broken, they shouldn't be allowed to be equipped until level 85, or so, i had 900k chaos bolt crits on my 85 lock with full mop gear...

10+ Year Old Account
    it scales that oddly huh? interesting

Deleted
    Yeah It scales that bad, here's me on my monk trying to kill a lvl 80 deathknight... yeah I ran away after 20 minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLZOsjrEa3Q&feature=plcp

12 seconds is just enough time to blow every cooldown you have and hit every powerful spell you got for that awesome burst dmg at the start of every fight.
    12 seconds is not enough time to allow for any dps to settle. I've had mobs up that I 1 shot and go 100-200k dps on skada, it doesn't mean that i'm OP or something special its just a lucky crit that one shot a low hp mob.

on the side note I wonder if any lower level twink raiding and pvp guilds are trying this out for lols.

Deleted
    I'm assuming you guys know about the Mage that has cleared most of Ulduar at level 80 solo? And the Blood DK, also level 80 and solo, cleared most of ICC?

MoP 409 level gear can be used by level 80. Thats a char with gear meant for 2 expansions ahead. Yes, dps will be crazy. The lower your level, the less rating number required to give a % return.

just did a run on my 80 priest, i only have 409 weapon and glove and cloak enchants and when both proc im sitting on 10k SP with 76% crit...

shit just melts, i pull aggro from tanks with their 500% mod, and VP on bosses outheals the healer.

its the gear not the class/spec.

Deleted
    Looks like a lot of fun and i've been thinking about levelling up my lvl 70 Shaman to try some Solo stuff, but I get this feeling that the level 80 requirement was a typo error and it will soon be nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by stiglet View Post
    Looks like a lot of fun and i've been thinking about levelling up my lvl 70 Shaman to try some Solo stuff, but I get this feeling that the level 80 requirement was a typo error and it will soon be nerfed.
    yet there is no change on the ptr...

Deleted
    Any chance you could send a PM with the name of that priest to me? Since I think it might have been my priest. Tried to send you a PM, but since I just made this account, I have yet to make the 10 posts required to PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crittler View Post
    Any chance you could send a PM with the name of that priest to me? Since I think it might have been my priest. Tried to send you a PM, but since I just made this account, I have yet to make the 10 posts required to PM.
    Why do you care if it was you or not?

I would like to inspect their gear though

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!