Rune of Power Elegon placing

Just wondering if anyone else has issues placing ROP for elegon. Seems no matter where I place it, I dont get the buff. I'm using the stand at the edge of the ring trick, and jump to refresh stacks. If I place it standing dead centre no buff. A little bit forward no buff, a little bit behind no buff. Seems the ideal talent for this fight but I'm using IW now since ROP just doesnt seem to want to work. Probably something simple I'm missing but anyone else have issues with it?

Deleted
    There is a bug with ROP on this fight.

You can get it to work, but you won't be able to use the jumping trick.

If you place the rune on both the plateform and the ground, you won't get the buff. You have to fully place it on the plateform and unstack by moving, but you will be able to get your ROP buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Shendow View Post
    There is a bug with ROP on this fight.

You can get it to work, but you won't be able to use the jumping trick.

If you place the rune on both the plateform and the ground, you won't get the buff. You have to fully place it on the plateform and unstack by moving, but you will be able to get your ROP buff.
    Ahhhh, thanks, good to know. Think I' stick with IW for now.

10+ Year Old Account
    you dont have to fully place it on the platform..just center it on the platform(center inside , a small part of the circle outside and edge where you stand)

I m using it just fine with that and the jumping trick

Quote Originally Posted by FireKenesis View Post
    Ahhhh, thanks, good to know. Think I' stick with IW for now.
    This is incorrect, I use RoP in combination with the jumping trick every week.
    You need to place the rune at the lip of the energy vortex so that 1/10 or so is outside and the rest is in.

Deleted
    you need to keep around 90% off the rune inside the circle so you still get the buff while doing the jumping trick.