Berserker Stance

Which boss encounter (if any) are you guys switching to zerker stance?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekked View Post
    Which boss encounter (if any) are you guys switching to zerker stance?
    Elegon Burn phase, Gara'Jal, Feng during Arcane Velocity and Epicenter...

Deleted
    These are the moments I try to switch to berserker stance. I'd love to hear other possibilities =).

Stone Guard:
    - Bad overload

Feng:
    - Epicenter
    - When boss has flame stacks and is doing AOE pulse
    - Arcane Velocity

Gara'Jal:
    - When having Voodoo Dolls

Spirit kings:
    - Might be usefull during the MC phase but I'm not sure.

Elegon:
    Elegon has many damage bursts so make good use of stance dancing during this during the fight. it will _GREATLY_ increase your rage gain.
    - Every time when an Celestial Protector dies
    - Every time when orbs start pulsating damage ( when they are @ 25% hp ). This requires you to switch during the nuking of the orbs so it requires some practice
    - During the final burn phase (don't know exactly after how many stacks it's worth it).

Will:
    - Might be usefull during tear gas but I'm not sure.

Edit:
    I've updated to see how many rage I gained using berzerker stance

Stone: No berserker stance used
    Feng: Mortal Strike 490 rage Enrage 220 rage Berserker Stance Passive 203 rage
    Gara: Mortal Strike 640 rage Enrage 320 rage Berserker Stance Passive 596 rage (Other log since I didn't get voodoo dolls in this one)
    Spir: No berserker stance used
    Eleg: Mortal Strike 744 rage Enrage 420 rage Berserker Stance Passive 272 rage
    Will : No berserker stance used

Log(473ilvl): http://worldoflogs.com/reports/r9rxykvlri4yf4ba/
    Last edited by mmoce8fe344640; 2012-10-25 at 03:05 PM.

pretty much nailed it above, the problem with using it though on some fights is that the rage income can be inconsitent if healers are using cds etc so you won't always get hit hard. On spirit kings heroic you can use it on the group cleave and it seems to generate slightly more rage than being battle, if you stand on hit hitbox but his leg at the side you can stay behind him and still get cleaved which is good, also during the end of the mc phase where the reflect can kill you switch to serker and just let the dot tick off and you'll liekly have 120 rage going into the tank phase.
    Fengs a very good fight too, even if your tank is using nullification shield to stop the raid damage from the velocity or epicenter often a tick at the start end will go through which you can quickly switch to to get a boost in rage then switch back.
    ON will titan gas seems to do reasonable damage but outside of heroic mode I don't think it does enough to stay serker depending on how your healers use cd's.

Nice suggestions. Do you guys macro zerker with an ability?

Nice suggestions. Do you guys macro zerker with an ability?
    No, it is used as an "active" buff, meaning you only switch to it when you know that there is damage incoming. Keybind it to something that is easy to switch back and forth from Battle Stance from.

I have Battle stance as Shift-Spacebar and Berserker as Shift-MouseWheelUp

Quote Originally Posted by Synche View Post
    No, it is used as an "active" buff, meaning you only switch to it when you know that there is damage incoming. Keybind it to something that is easy to switch back and forth from Battle Stance from.

I have Battle stance as Shift-Spacebar and Berserker as Shift-MouseWheelUp
    Does the stance requirement macro still work in MOP where if you're in battle, it changes you into zerker. If you're in zerker it changes you back into battle?

---------- Post added 2012-10-26 at 01:43 AM ----------

in case anyone wanted the macro

/cast [stance: 1] Berserker Stance; [stance: 3] Battle Stance

1button to switch between battle and zerker stance.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Zerker is certainly the better choice for Heroic Will of the Emps.

Titan Gas ticks for the entire duration of the fight.

1% of your max health = 1 rage. Seems like you gain around an extra 5 rage per attack by being in battle stance (SMF.) Definitely always worth switching for any damage that hits for a reasonable amount.

Click off fort for more dps?

10+ Year Old Account
    I try to use Zerk for the following occasions (in Heroic!):

Feng: Draw Flame AoE pulses / Arcane Velocity
    Gara'jal: When I get dolled / the final 20-0% push
    Spirit Kings: Qiang's raid cleave if I'm stacked, Maddening Shout
    Elegon: The final push / P3
    Will of the Emperor: The entire fight! (since Titan Gas has 100% uptime)

---------- Post added 2012-10-29 at 03:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by frontfleezy View Post
    Click off fort for more dps?
    Not advisable even if it does work because a decent survivability increase trumps a really minor DPS gain in most situations when it comes to what benefits the raid most.
    Last edited by Nakkí; 2012-10-29 at 11:43 PM.
    Nakkiz of Memento <EU-Frostwhisper>

Quote Originally Posted by Nakkí View Post
    I try to use Zerk for the following occasions:

Feng: Draw Flame AoE pulses / Arcane Velocity
    Gara'jal: When I get dolled / the final 20-0% push
    Spirit Kings: Qiang's raid cleave if I'm stacked, Maddening Shout
    Elegon: The final push / P3
    Will of the Emperor: The entire fight! (since Titan Gas has 100% uptime)

---------- Post added 2012-10-29 at 03:00 PM ----------

Not advisable even if it does work because a decent survivability increase trumps a really minor DPS gain in most situations when it comes to what benefits the raid most.
    on Normal or H? Thought on normal the titan gas is only triggered every 2.5min in the beginning until burn phase where it is up always.

Deleted
    It's one of the little nice additions to heroic.

10+ Year Old Account
    on Normal or H? Thought on normal the titan gas is only triggered every 2.5min in the beginning until burn phase where it is up always.
    Yep, heroic only. I don't know how I disregarded adding that detail.

My bad.
    Last edited by Nakkí; 2012-10-29 at 11:46 PM.
    Nakkiz of Memento <EU-Frostwhisper>

Quote Originally Posted by Nakkí View Post
    Yep, heroic only. I don't know how I disregarded adding that detail.

My bad.
    Has anyone been able to work out the breakpoint b/t battle & zerker rage generation? How much incoming damage is enough to justify zerker stance dance?

It would be very hard to quantify that, due to the fact that berserker stance gives you 1 rage per 1% health lost. This is further complicated by everything that reduces the damage taken, like from healers, raid cooldowns, personal cooldowns etc.
    So from this it's hard to say, because every guild will have a different healer group and do their raid cooldowns differently, how to actually find a certain breakpoint.

Of course, you can always switch _back_ to Battle Stance in 3 seconds - if the rage you gain in Zerker from damage is more than you would get from half of an auto-attack, it's worth it, and on average, you only get one auto-attack off in 3 seconds anyway (unless you're SMF).

I've started doing solo quests solely in Zerk because I don't have a tank to hide behind. (I play Arms.) It seems to work well enough.

Great topic so I felt I should stop being just passive reader and try to contribute.

1st boss in HoF: whenever you are running between platforms as there is AOE. Whenever you are affected by AOE under shell.
    2nd boss: last phase, when he starts aoe (it's under 20%)
    3rd boss: before every crush
    About rest I am not yet sure, haven't tried yet.

Quote Originally Posted by yourson View Post
    Great topic so I felt I should stop being just passive reader and try to contribute.

1st boss in HoF: whenever you are running between platforms as there is AOE. Whenever you are affected by AOE under shell.
    2nd boss: last phase, when he starts aoe (it's under 20%)
    3rd boss: before every crush
    About rest I am not yet sure, haven't tried yet.
    Just to note, Garalon (Third boss of HoF) is also the only boss I can justify using Second Wind on. You get stunned often enough during the fight that the buff you get from Second Wind might actually be useful. I'll have to inspect it better this week on our kill.