Solving WW Spec issues looking for opinions on my suggestions

To me there are a few issues with windwalkers currently in PvE and PvP. As far add PvE lack of cleave, over priced interrupt, no execute and terrible mastery. For PvP lack of burst/ hard hitting abilities.

Here are my suggestions to fix these issues:

Interrupt: glyph, remove the silence lower the cost to 15 energy to align it with rogues/feral.

Mastery/cleave: change the mastery to not only proc a free blackout kick or tiger palm, but also have it hit 50% harder against a single target(obviously would have to be balanced, this could also scale with mastery)if only one is in range or hit a second target if there is a second target in range.

Execute: RSK damage boost increased to 25% when applied to a target in execute range. Giving us a 10% damage increase in execute range which seems relatively in line with other classes.

The mastery and execute changes would also increase our burst and finishing ability in PvP which is really what we are lacking.

Thoughts?

Deleted
    Cleaving on abilities we used rotational-ly isn't a good idea because there are/could be in future fights where we don't want to cleave.

Quote Originally Posted by Infighter View Post
    Cleaving on abilities we used rotational-ly isn't a good idea because there are/could be in future fights where we don't want to cleave.
    Warriors had whirlwind rotationally for years and it was never an issue

Quote Originally Posted by lpskater4886 View Post
    To me there are a few issues with windwalkers currently in PvE and PvP. As far add PvE lack of cleave, over priced interrupt, no execute and terrible mastery. For PvP lack of burst/ hard hitting abilities.
    Stopped reading at the bolded part. Our burst is in no way lacking in PvP. Now our mobility.. that is a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by barrsftw View Post
    Stopped reading at the bolded part. Our burst is in no way lacking in PvP. Now our mobility.. that is a different story.
    See I agree with burst in pvp, we're probably sitting at a 7/10 in terms of burst, but lack of mobility? how so?

---------- Post added 2012-10-26 at 03:27 PM ----------

To the OP, I agree that there's something missing in our toolkit with pvp.

I constantly find myself having issues with interrupt as I'm using all my energy beating down say a healer, and when I need to interrupt I'm out, doesn't classes like hunters/rogues have instant resourceless interrupts?

Perhaps the reason behind the expensive interrupt is the fact that you can prekick and silence a caster anyway?

The abilities we have while they are strong, seem a bit lacking in terms of variety, It would be nice to have a couple more dmg dealing situational or cleave style abilities.
    Last edited by Smashpanda; 2012-10-26 at 04:29 AM.
    Monk Guides/Tips & Fun unique videos check it out:
    YouTube.com/SmashUpGaming

Deleted
    Warriors had whirlwind rotationally for years and it was never an issue
    Was whirlwind their top damaging ability? Could Warriors skip it in fights with shields that shouldn't be touched or similar?

You're asking us to just jab > rsk in situations like that.

Not sure on the mastery, it either needs to be buffed or have the proc made into a flat 15/20% passive proc. Imo nerf touch of deaths damage, make it a real execute against targets lower then 20% health, with no cd or a short cd. For cleave... possibly remove fists of fury from the single target rotation and make it a cleave skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Infighter View Post
    Was whirlwind their top damaging ability? Could Warriors skip it in fights with shields that shouldn't be touched or similar?

You're asking us to just jab > rsk in situations like that.
    actually they couldn't, what fight puts you in a situation where you have two targets that are positioned on top of each other that you wouldn't want to cleave? As a former tank and raid leader i cannot thing of any situation where that is the case. Why would you have your tanks position for a cleave situation if you didn't want to cleave?

actually they couldn't, what fight puts you in a situation where you have two targets that are positioned on top of each other that you wouldn't want to cleave? As a former tank and raid leader i cannot thing of any situation where that is the case. Why would you have your tanks position for a cleave situation if you didn't want to cleave?
    Saurfang in ICC had that. You didn't want to cleave sometimes ;p
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.