Deleted

Skull Banner Addon

I am looking for an addon that will announce when I pop my banner in /say, and once again when it fades after 10 seconds.

I have tried Raelli's Spell Announcer, which works fine for other spells but will not announce when skull banner fades.

GetBannered will not announce it in /say, but works fine for raid/party/bg chat.

Wakespams will not announce anything at all for skull banner. I have added the spell ID, works for rallying cry etc, just not skull banner.

Anyone using something different?

Quote Originally Posted by Murkkan View Post
    I am looking for an addon that will announce when I pop my banner in /say, and once again when it fades after 10 seconds.

I have tried Raelli's Spell Announcer, which works fine for other spells but will not announce when skull banner fades.

GetBannered will not announce it in /say, but works fine for raid/party/bg chat.

Wakespams will not announce anything at all for skull banner. I have added the spell ID, works for rallying cry etc, just not skull banner.

Anyone using something different?
    Dunno, but raid members should be able to see your banner when it appears so an announcement isnt rly necessary, but if you rly want one why not just make a macro.
    Last edited by druenos; 2012-10-25 at 02:16 PM.

Deleted
    I tried making a macro it looked like this:

#showtooltip Skull Banner
    /cast Skull Banner
    /say Skull Banner -10 sec
    /in 10 /say Skull Banner faded!

It didn't work, apparantly you can't make macros like that. At least that's what people where saying. If someone knows how, please do tell!

The problem is that people are not seeing the banners, and we had some hassle chaining them, having to use vent for something that isn't really needed. So that is why it would be helpful.

hmm you could make 2 macros
    /cast Skull Banner
    /sw 10

When the stop watch runs out use the second macro
    /say Skull banner over!
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Life Lesson #1 - People are terrible.

Don't let it get to you. It'll only spoil your own personal enjoyment if you do.

There are scripts and macros to say when the ability is ready or used, but you'd be better off with an AddOn of some sort. A quick google search comes up with this - http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/getbannered

If you want the macro with /in you will need to download the AddOn http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/slash-in
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2012-10-25 at 03:06 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    There are scripts and macros to say when the ability is ready or used, but you'd be better off with an AddOn of some sort. A quick google search comes up with this - http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/getbannered

If you want the macro with /in you will need to download the AddOn http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/slash-in
    Slash-in works perfect! Thanks!

Deleted
    Bigwigs CommonAuras has it so that a timer bar appears when someone uses skull banner, just discuss which order you are going to do them in with the other warriors before the pull and you wont have any banner issues ever again ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    It works fine, it announces all of my banners.

But by default only skull banner comes with chat announcements, you have to add the other 2.

Each spell has a start and end phrase when it fades, so you have to add the messages if they are missing.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

please dont macro chat announcements to your abilitys, if you're actually trying you are most likely spamming your buttons so there will be 500 messages popping up :P
    i remember a guildy macroing every ability to announce in /say that he was using it. was like 4-5 messages per second :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by silmarilen View Post
    please dont macro chat announcements to your abilitys, if you're actually trying you are most likely spamming your buttons so there will be 500 messages popping up :P
    i remember a guildy macroing every ability to announce in /say that he was using it. was like 4-5 messages per second :P
    I actually agree with this, but keeping it to a minimum would be fine.. It's not like its useless information. :P

You can also turn off speech-bubbles if they annoy you.

I'll add a built-in announcer for SAA

---------- Post added 2012-10-25 at 02:24 PM ----------

Almost done
    Awdi - US Illidan
    SlamAndAwe (Warriors)
    ShockAndAwe (Enhancement Shamans)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowkras View Post
    It works fine, it announces all of my banners.

But by default only skull banner comes with chat announcements, you have to add the other 2.

Each spell has a start and end phrase when it fades, so you have to add the messages if they are missing.
    Was just wondering how i can add the 2 missing spells to RSA, bit noobish here :<

Thanks to reighnman Slamandawe just got updated to do a "/say Skull banner down (10s)" when you hit it and another "/say Skull banner finished" when its done.
    Just started using the addon but enjoying it telling me how much my Barrier will absorb when tanking and my thirst stacks/colossus smash/sweeping strikes when dpsing etc. Quite a useful little addon for any warrior spec.

Well it's not just /say, you can configure it to output wherever:
    Awdi - US Illidan
    SlamAndAwe (Warriors)
    ShockAndAwe (Enhancement Shamans)

Quote Originally Posted by Murkkan View Post
    I tried making a macro it looked like this:

/cast Skull Banner
    /in 10 /say Skull Banner faded!

It didn't work, apparantly you can't make macros like that. At least that's what people where saying. If someone knows how, please do tell!

The problem is that people are not seeing the banners, and we had some hassle chaining them, having to use vent for something that isn't really needed. So that is why it would be helpful.
    Thee addon SlashIn allows you to use the /in command, which should allow you to make macros for all banners and shattering throw.

Quote Originally Posted by Psykoticrage View Post
    Thanks to reighnman Slamandawe just got updated to do a "/say Skull banner down (10s)" when you hit it and another "/say Skull banner finished" when its done.
    Just started using the addon but enjoying it telling me how much my Barrier will absorb when tanking and my thirst stacks/colossus smash/sweeping strikes when dpsing etc. Quite a useful little addon for any warrior spec.
    I second this, I recently started using SlamandAwe for the barrier feature and it is a great addon for any warrior. It has the announce feature you wanted, I play every spec and it is perfect and very customisable. 2 thumbs up.

Does RSA have this built in?