Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Raid members standing in fire

This weeks Guardian setup for us is Jasper/Cobalt/Amethyst and we seem to have a few raid members who are just failing utterly @ moving from traps and pools on the ground. Is there an addon that will announce in /rw when one of those members is standing in something?
    Survival is Key

Deleted
    Not sure, but I think the "GTFO" addon kind of spams you when you're standing in stuff you shouldn't be standing on.

Deleted
    Won't help since cobalt traps will most likely 1-shot people while cobalt isn't charging.

Or you could you know, get better players, I bet that'd fix the problem. There are too many addons now days.....people don't even play any more, they have addons to do everything for them..

Dont know about announcements, but World of Logs can tell you how much damage someone took from a particular ability, and things like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir NackDoe View Post
    Or you could you know, get better players, I bet that'd fix the problem. There are too many addons now days.....people don't even play any more, they have addons to do everything for them..
    It's more to call out 2 of our raid members who constantly make excuses for it. I've seen the addon before where it will say " Player-X Amethyst Pool(1)" then 5 ticks later "Player-X Amethyst Pool(6)"
    Survival is Key

Phoenix Style might be able to do that, I think. At the very least, by default it reports who died to what damage.

You can also take a combat log and upload it to World of Logs.

No naming and shaming.
    That goes for your raids too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Light a fire under their ass and tell them they'll be replaced if they don't step their game up.

Works 99% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    No naming and shaming.
    Letting problems like this go unchecked will fester to the point that they'll think it's OK to die to "fire" mechanics, bringing everyone else down.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    No naming and shaming.
    It's not for shaming purposes, its for "i was walked across it for like 1/2 a second idk how i died" purposes.
    Survival is Key

Quote Originally Posted by Joben View Post
    It's not for shaming purposes, its for "i was walked across it for like 1/2 a second idk how i died" purposes.

You want Fatality.

Deleted
    Ensidia Fails has something like what you're looking for.
    Fatality will print a message everytime somebody dies, and from what they died. Up until a max ammount of players during the given fight in which they died. This limit can be adjusted.

We had Jasper, Jade and Cobalt this week. One issue that occurs too often is players standing on opposite sides of the cobalt traps, who then get chained together. The massive brainlag it requires to keep people from foreseeing this always amazes me.

"No naming and shaming.
    That goes for your raids too."

You should name and shame if it's called for. If people don't automaticly move out of the stuff they're not supposed to be standing in, then you'll have to motivate them.
    On Raggy HC we ended up having a 500g to Gbank fine for getting hit by the lava waves appearing from the hammer or dying due to failing @ the dancing. It helped alot. No actually it was a random roll.. The guy who failed did /roll 1-10 and gave whoever the player was (reroll if himself) 500g, using the activity tab @ recount for determining the player#.

As many people have stated GTFO is a nice addon if you like to make sure you never stand in ground patches. This won't save you from cobalt mines, but it will help in many many cases.
    From a raidleader point of view, this obviously isn't what you're looking for, but it is an addon that you can recommend to those who tend to take showers in fire for whatever reason.
    Last edited by mmocfecbd8d6a4; 2012-10-25 at 02:59 PM.

Deleted
    GTFO does a good job. It will smash your eardrums if you stand in fire until you get out of it!!
    Nothing necessary since pool, crsytal etc. are all clearly visible even without an addon that tell you what time and where something dangerous happens.

Deleted
    PhoenixStyle is the best addon you can get for this type of thing, you can set it so it will ignore the first tick of amethyst pools so people have time to move out of them. If people moan about chat being spammed tell them to stop failing and you wont get any spam

In all honesty if people are standing in big purple pools and/or big white traps an addon may be the least of your problems. Not sure a common sense addon is going to help.

Recount, look at damage taken and it will show everyone, or if someone died, look at deaths and it will show a breakdown by real-time of what did damage to them and how they died.

---------- Post added 2012-10-25 at 02:38 PM ----------

EDIT: If your looking for an announcer while the fight is going, best thing to do is either have healers spot for you if they see someone not moving. Last resort is start raid kicking people and finding replacements. You can't fix dumb.

15+ Year Old Account
    there should be a glyph that makes knockback abilities work on friendly peeps instead to remove them from bad stuff, sometimes lifegrip just isnt enough =p

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joben View Post
    This weeks Guardian setup for us is Jasper/Cobalt/Amethyst and we seem to have a few raid members who are just failing utterly @ moving from traps and pools on the ground. Is there an addon that will announce in /rw when one of those members is standing in something?

*Points to the bench*
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    there should be a glyph that makes knockback abilities work on friendly peeps instead to remove them from bad stuff, sometimes lifegrip just isnt enough =p
    Not a glyph but there is an ability called push to talk and yelling your head off at them, works for me anyway:P