Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
12
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    Righto I pretty much stopped soloing old content simply because after the gold nerf there is no reason to, other than a few vanity items like mounts and transmogrification gear.
    This is why I did alysrazor/cat mount so early on this xpac lol.

  2. #22
    damn u all have been so busy. im way behind. wish i had a bit more free time to mess around on old bosses

  3. #23
    I just read about a rogue who solo'ed RoS using Preparation (for double CLOS) and Mind-Numbing poison.
    Shadow Walk : Significantly increases Stealth effectiveness for 6 sec, but causes Stealth to be nerfed to justify its usage. In addition, it uses old Enveloping Shadows icon and has no sound, animation or spell effect to show that the skill is actually doing something.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Sendai View Post
    I just read about a rogue who solo'ed RoS using Preparation (for double CLOS) and Mind-Numbing poison.
    I was wondering if it was possible....

    You save dps cooldowns for 2e phase and interrupt the first cast, use CloS 2 times and then probably interrupt again.

  5. #25
    Yeah. And save Killing Spree for emergency situations, since I guess you can't get disoriented while using it.
    Shadow Walk : Significantly increases Stealth effectiveness for 6 sec, but causes Stealth to be nerfed to justify its usage. In addition, it uses old Enveloping Shadows icon and has no sound, animation or spell effect to show that the skill is actually doing something.

  6. #26
    Quick guide on how to solo alys as a rogue?

  7. #27
    I tried Brutallus today, got him to about 30% before I died. I think with more practice in soloing (never solo'd as a rogue before) and some better gear (mainly got heroic dungeon gear) he will be doable.

    The first boss in unsoloable due to fight mechanics, but you can skip him by stealthing behind him and then pulling him to the next room. He will despawn and Brutallus will spawn.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeshort View Post
    I tried Brutallus today, got him to about 30% before I died. I think with more practice in soloing (never solo'd as a rogue before) and some better gear (mainly got heroic dungeon gear) he will be doable.
    Preparation and Combat Readiness are both very required, have you tried it with those two talents?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeshort View Post
    The first boss in unsoloable due to fight mechanics, but you can skip him by stealthing behind him and then pulling him to the next room. He will despawn and Brutallus will spawn.
    You don't actually have to pull him at all. Brutallus will be there regardless.
    Bovan.9481
    Completed legendaries: Twilight, Sunrise, (Eternity), Incinerator, Bolt, Quip, Frostfang, The Moot, The Juggernaut, Howler.
    Current projects: Predator and Aether.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadeout View Post
    Quick guide on how to solo alys as a rogue?
    Watch my video. Fly down around the 5th ring kill the birds and fly back up. Don't mess up on the rings. If you don't get her to about 16M before phase two. its mostlikey a wipe. something like that.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    Preparation and Combat Readiness are both very required, have you tried it with those two talents?
    Yes I did. I use Combat Readiness from the start, keep up Recuperate and use Shiv on CD with leeching poision, then Evasion, then I hit CoS to clear my stacking debuff , Preparation, Evasion and use CoS again. I die before Combat Readiness becomes available for a second time.

    His Meteor Slash hits pretty hard, and hits harder every time with the debuff so after using CoS twice it becomes to much damage combined with his already high melee damage.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeshort View Post
    Yes I did. I use Combat Readiness from the start, keep up Recuperate and use Shiv on CD with leeching poision, then Evasion, then I hit CoS to clear my stacking debuff , Preparation, Evasion and use CoS again. I die before Combat Readiness becomes available for a second time.

    His Meteor Slash hits pretty hard, and hits harder every time with the debuff so after using CoS twice it becomes to much damage combined with his already high melee damage.
    I personally don't use Shiv's heal at all simply because the energy cost is too high for the small heal. As you already found out, he starts hitting harder and harder and you want him to die as quick as possible. Wait a little while with Combat Readiness until you drop to about 70% health regularly and Evasion when your health starts dipping below 45% regularly. Of course never let Recuperate fall off.

    Two things you might not be doing or didn't try yet. If you use Cloak of Shadows as he casts his Meteor Slash you don't take damage from the slash itself at all. Do that over just clearing your stacks alone with it. The second and most important thing is to Feint every 2nd and onwards Meteor Slash as it does reduce the damage from it by half.

    If you are doing all these things and still can't kill him you might need some more gear. You could always substitute 2 Souldrinkers from Dragon Soul with the 8k damage absorb enchant. If you use two of those, your damage won't drop much while you constantly heal and shield yourself. I used those on Onyxia and Malygos because I'm afraid of getting crit several times in a row and dropping to low health because of that. I recon it works just as well on Brutallus.
    Bovan.9481
    Completed legendaries: Twilight, Sunrise, (Eternity), Incinerator, Bolt, Quip, Frostfang, The Moot, The Juggernaut, Howler.
    Current projects: Predator and Aether.

  12. #32
    I did use CoS before the slash, but I was not aware that Feint reduced the damage of Meteor Slash, so that might help a lot, thanks. Will defo try it again after the reset (killed him with some1 else now).

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Sendai View Post
    Yeah. And save Killing Spree for emergency situations, since I guess you can't get disoriented while using it.
    Quoting myself, as this seems to be wrong. My KS got interrupted due to disorient. I managed to pseudo-solo it, as I brought my friend and his level 72 druid who did nothing except die, which was at least one extra disorient that I didn't have to take care of. I was a bit lucky because I had to vanish one and then it died due to bleed and poison a bit after.
    Shadow Walk : Significantly increases Stealth effectiveness for 6 sec, but causes Stealth to be nerfed to justify its usage. In addition, it uses old Enveloping Shadows icon and has no sound, animation or spell effect to show that the skill is actually doing something.

  14. #34
    My KS got interrupted due to disorient.
    Yeah, read about that RoS Solo Rogue too and died trying cause KS doesn't work the way he said. Using glyphed kick, cloak, prep cloak and kick again /w agi potion almost did the trick for me. Guess with some more gear it's gonna work.
    I'm going to try again tomorrow with 2 pet-trinkets and see if that does the trick.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Veash View Post
    Yeah, read about that RoS Solo Rogue too and died trying cause KS doesn't work the way he said. Using glyphed kick, cloak, prep cloak and kick again /w agi potion almost did the trick for me. Guess with some more gear it's gonna work.
    I'm going to try again tomorrow with 2 pet-trinkets and see if that does the trick.
    I actually did it with glyph of kick, it saved me as well. Was also flasked...
    Shadow Walk : Significantly increases Stealth effectiveness for 6 sec, but causes Stealth to be nerfed to justify its usage. In addition, it uses old Enveloping Shadows icon and has no sound, animation or spell effect to show that the skill is actually doing something.

  16. #36
    any feedback on zg za ? intrested in troll set . Saw mount boss soloed but was a close one , so anyone managing to get those done somehow with ease and stuff ?

  17. #37
    Are there guides available somewhere on the 'Tube for soloing Thaddius/KT/Four Horseman in Naxx? I haven't attempted a solo run yet but I have a feeling these guys are gonna give some trouble.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio View Post
    Are there guides available somewhere on the 'Tube for soloing Thaddius/KT/Four Horseman in Naxx? I haven't attempted a solo run yet but I have a feeling these guys are gonna give some trouble.
    Search for "Surprise vs naxxramas" on youtube. Almost full clear except patchwerk and razuvious at lvl 85.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio View Post
    Are there guides available somewhere on the 'Tube for soloing Thaddius/KT/Four Horseman in Naxx? I haven't attempted a solo run yet but I have a feeling these guys are gonna give some trouble.
    I went to Naxxramas for first time yesterday (10 man). I skipped Razuvius, Four Horsemen and all construct, as I had the feeling they were not possible to solo.
    I couldn't kill Patchwerk as I had 4-5 15-20% wipes and I was too lazy to flask, drums and food up. The rest it was surprising how easy it could be. Kel'Thuzad was never a threat.
    Shadow Walk : Significantly increases Stealth effectiveness for 6 sec, but causes Stealth to be nerfed to justify its usage. In addition, it uses old Enveloping Shadows icon and has no sound, animation or spell effect to show that the skill is actually doing something.

  20. #40
    i did sartharion 3D 10 man yesterday, pretty much peace of cake.

    ilvl 374 as combat. same as my raiding talents.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •