Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    need some brutalius advice , currently i487 i only managed to get him till 50% then he does way too much damage

Quote Originally Posted by JIMM- View Post
    need some brutalius advice , currently i487 i only managed to get him till 50% then he does way too much damage
    Yeah i need some advice aswell, Im having the same problem

Quote Originally Posted by harnzy View Post
    Yeah i need some advice aswell, Im having the same problem
    Are you clocking the Meteor Slash? That's the major part of the dmg he does and if you double cloak it at every three. you should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Enhshamanlol View Post
    Are you clocking the Meteor Slash? That's the major part of the dmg he does and if you double cloak it at every three. you should be fine.
    Ahh ok thanks, ill give it a shot

Quote Originally Posted by harnzy View Post
    Ahh ok thanks, ill give it a shot
    It's really easy to notice. You'll see his right arm going in the air and him casting it. and just cloak it

Quote Originally Posted by Dukamok View Post
    That being said, I couldn't manage Council (~ilvl450 so I'm not expecting much, was just attempting while queueing for stuff). Tried a zerg strat (as combat) as well as the kiting strat and just didn't seem to have the juice to get them down in time. They were outhealing me when I tried kiting, and I think my issue with the zerg is I can't step out of the damaging AoE whilst also being able interrupt the healer. Oh well. I'll try again next week when I've got 10-15 more ilvl's.
    Follow-up: Got them last night at midnight before the reset haha. ilvl455. Focus kick macro definitely helped, and I tried Feint (with glyph) to mitigate the aoe which I think made a decent difference, but more than anything I think I finally got it by just going NUTS. I got a short Recup up toward the beginning before popping KS, but after that I went pure dps with offensive finishers to reduce the KS cooldown as much as possible, which felt way better. Hitting them with that AR+SB evis a few times instead of wasting two whole cycles on 5cp SnD+Recup seemed to be huge.

Maybe I just got lucky too, who knows. Definitely the hardest fight in there right now. Illidan was literally a joke lol. People mentioned high dps during Flames phase but offensive cooldowns burned them down in about 10 seconds and I took no damage... So, werd.

Hopefully this helps some who might get stuck, though I doubt it for the most part since everyone seems to be doing it after they have way better (~480+) gear lol. I'm late to the party. Going to start WotLK stuff this week after getting through the Vanilla/TBC stuff I want for xmog gear and mounts.

How do you guys deal with the voracious hatchlings when doing Alysrazor?
    I get all the rings, get imprint and I still hit like a wet noodle and can't kill the adds before they whoop my ass.

Any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandz View Post
    How do you guys deal with the voracious hatchlings when doing Alysrazor?
    I get all the rings, get imprint and I still hit like a wet noodle and can't kill the adds before they whoop my ass.

Any advice?
    Go down around after five rings in the air. leaching poison should keep you up

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I've had some trouble with the adds. Not that I can't kill them, but now that Blade Flurry is bugged (it doesn't do the bonus dmg to the 2ndary hatchling despite it being imprinted on you) even with kspree/ar+sb, by the time I finish the 2nd one my stacks have nearly fallen off and I've missed enough rings that sometimes I barely get the buff before she comes down. I've tried staying up in the air, which definitely helps with stacks, but I can't burn her in the air as Combat and as soon as you come down the hatchlings will wreck you.

When I kill the hatchlings, I can usually get her to 8% before she pops up and her stacking debuff/aoe kill me. This is with regular combat reforges, 487 ilvl. I keep up Sunder and Rupture. I guess I could try reforging to Mastery or just wait until I get a few more upgrades.
    Last edited by Moritsume; 2012-12-12 at 01:27 AM.

Yeah i noticed that today, But even then. I still one shot it. just change back and forth and try to cleave them down at the same time.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Any tips for not having Emperor Vek'lor despawn on you? I can kill them easily enough but it seems like I only get to loot Vek'nilash. Would an elemental force enchant work to get some damage on him? Or the Axe from Deathwing?

Quote Originally Posted by Moritsume View Post
    Any tips for not having Emperor Vek'lor despawn on you? I can kill them easily enough but it seems like I only get to loot Vek'nilash. Would an elemental force enchant work to get some damage on him? Or the Axe from Deathwing?

I would have to try. It might take me a day or two to get some free time

Deleted
    Shadow Blades should be enough. It makes you deal shadow damage, and counts as magic.

Deleted
    Just soloed Reliquary of Souls with my main rogue 482Ilvl, equiped pvp trinket and chose preparation talent. Just need to be quick with interupts and pop Cloak or trinket when boss casts his spell. Pop Cd's at begginin and hes gonna die quickly.

---------- Post added 2012-12-12 at 09:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by JIMM- View Post
    Just keep SnD, recuperate and rupture up all the time if you are assasination. Use feint on meteor slash, use shiv. Aswell get cloak of shadows glyph, its very useful on this fight. Soloed brutalus with 482 ilvl rogue. Prepot aswell to make it easyer.

Quote Originally Posted by Patriotas View Post
    Just soloed Reliquary of Souls with my main rogue 482Ilvl, equiped pvp trinket and chose preparation talent. Just need to be quick with interupts and pop Cloak or trinket when boss casts his spell. Pop Cd's at begginin and hes gonna die quickly.[COLOR="red"]
    Just have to ask, why equip pvp trinket? To counter spirit shock? Does that actually work, because as far as i remember the human racial doesnt remove the spirit shock. :-)

Just have to ask, why equip pvp trinket? To counter spirit shock? Does that actually work, because as far as i remember the human racial doesnt remove the spirit shock. :-)
    It should. But with the CD being so long now, I don't see the point

Not sure how up to date the front post is, but...

Razorgore is really easy now. When adds build up, just drop MC, FoK a few times, recup, and use the orb again. Start on the eggs closest to the orb so you never AoE Razorgore too. Blast eggs down and win.

Viscidus is easy mode now too. Just throw the Elemental Force enchant on a crappy weapon. I believe Shadow Blades works as well, but the enchant ensures it.

Additionally, Reliquary is really easy. He only Spirit bolts every 15s, so you can win even if you get hit. Pop CR and you can blast him down with CDs once it stacks up. A health pot makes it even easier.

Additional note for Illidari Council: do not stand in AoE. I was just ignoring it, AoEing, and chaining defensive CDs and I barely made it. Next time I dragged the ret around out of AoE, ShS+kicked the priest when not BoPed, and I stayed at nearly 100% the whole time without defensives.

---------- Post added 2012-12-13 at 02:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Enhshamanlol View Post
    It should. But with the CD being so long now, I don't see the point
    The human racial does not work.

Front page is up to date from what I can see. Everything that is soloable is listed. And I was talking about the pvp trinket not the human racial. And I was saying I don't see the point in using a pvp trinket.

Deleted
    PvP trinket works if you get his debuff, I use trinket in case I fail with interrupting or have cloak on cd, but using pvp trinket isn't necessary.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Viscidus is easy mode now too. Just throw the Elemental Force enchant on a crappy weapon. I believe Shadow Blades works as well, but the enchant ensures it.
    It has to be frost damage, so shadow blades doesn't work. Actually, i didn't want to put dancing steel on combat weapons because i don't use them in raids, so i used elemental force on one, and it was enough to freeze him even before he had 20% health (because low dps, i know, i have fantastic gear and terrible weapons).
    For anyone not wanting to waste elemental force:
    It has already been said, frost oil and Deathfrost enchant work well too, and if you are a dedicated solo player, you can get the motes of water for Deathfrost from the little water elementals in Black Temple. For shadow motes a few runs of Arcatraz are enough, and you should farm Tempest Keep once a week anyway, so...