Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Seliar View Post
    Nice list but I would like to see the character lvl and also min ilvl required on the bosses. I tried soloing patchwerk and razuvious but they are impossible with only heroic blues.

High king maulgar is easy as hell, kael no longer require method, just burn the advisors down with blade flurry.

Razorgore will be soloable on 5.1 without exploits or tricks.
    - you don't get the debuff when controlling the boss
    - don't lose time on controlling if the adds hit you
    - every add will attack the orb controller instead of razorgore
    - razorgore's destroy egg spell is no longer on cd, so you can spam it
    Nice info on Razorgore, Thanks!
    And as for patchwerk/razuvious, yeah sounds like a gear issus. I think when i killed them i was doing about 60-80k+ dps

Enhshamanlol, Give credit where its due please, Braindwen did the original layout. he deserves credit on the main post.

Fantastic news on razorgore, Its a nightmare getting my wife to login just to do 1 boss in that place every week! has anyone tried ToC yet this expack? ive not had a chance go in alone yet, but Im fairly sure itll be easy

Killed all of icc 10 normal in 2hours time (had help on gunship and dreamwalker) idk if any1 have killed all of these but they are very doable. Done with ilvl 493 assassination specced, no pots, flask, food or anything so if you lack abit of gear just chug some scrolls and flasks on and it's a joke.

Few pointers:
    Bql save cds untill you get bitten and don't focus on healing yourself, i wasted everything and kept recuperate up in the start of the fight, had about 10sec left on the mc when she died.
    Sindragosa don't get to many stacks i stopped at about 10, and save cds for last phase, it's not really needed but makes it easier.
    Lick king, shiv the shamblings when they enrage and heal that way, don't do it on lk if you have a shambling up. And just aoe all the shit down. be ready for infests and try to heal up when he casts it. Shuriken toss can fix all the frost spheres in the transition if needed. last thing is in P3 you can only allow him to summon his vile spirits twice or your most likely gonna die seems cloak had no effect on the dmg they did on me so i just used feint after that.

I only wiped on saurfang because i underestimated him and didn't expect to get a mark since i was alone.

I know this list is mostly for old raids, but if you are looking to solo old content for mounts -

- High Priestess Kilnara in Zul'Gurub can be soloed. I know its been done before, just wanted to bring it up. You don't even need great gear to do it. I saw a video of a guy doing it as combat, I went as assassination.

Ignore the tigers, save cooldowns and go slow for the first 50% - you want to be at full health when the 2nd phase starts. You can bandage as well when she does the shadow wave. At 50%, she summons all the tigers, use cooldowns and burn her down. I used combat readiness, prep to reset cloak/evasion and glyph of cloak, recuperate and leeching. Took a couple tries, but it's definitely doable by any 90 rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Guns View Post
    I know this list is mostly for old raids, but if you are looking to solo old content for mounts -

- High Priestess Kilnara in Zul'Gurub can be soloed. I know its been done before, just wanted to bring it up. You don't even need great gear to do it. I saw a video of a guy doing it as combat, I went as assassination.

Ignore the tigers, save cooldowns and go slow for the first 50% - you want to be at full health when the 2nd phase starts. You can bandage as well when she does the shadow wave. At 50%, she summons all the tigers, use cooldowns and burn her down. I used combat readiness, prep to reset cloak/evasion and glyph of cloak, recuperate and leeching. Took a couple tries, but it's definitely doable by any 90 rogue
    \\

Chances are, It was my video. Yes. It's soloable and I think its' in the main post.

God damn it. having someone come in and try to change it made me forget to repost it. I'll post it again later.

Updated some naxx info. And There a video of me soloing 25 man KT.

Taking video requests.

Is it possible to solo Illidan for Glaives of Azzinoth then? I want two *_*

But.. I am a rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvorea View Post
    Is it possible to solo Illidan for Glaives of Azzinoth then? I want two *_*
    Yes, All of Black Temple is soloable. RoS is a little tricky tho.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just wanted to post that I was able to comfortably duo Gunship 10-man (Normal Mode), so I didn't need more than one friend to help. I had my friend stay in the cannon while I hopped over and took out the Sorcerer and helped with the mortars. It took a fairly long time only using one cannon but was do-able. Shuriken is nice for taking out the rifleman in between Sorcerers. Just make sure you're on the boat before your friend gets back in the cannon or the encounter may auto-wipe (as I found out the hard way). Damage is fairly negligible, but the CP from shuriken-killing riflemen ensures a constant Recuperate uptime.
    Last edited by Kelzam; 2012-11-22 at 09:25 AM.

Killed high priest venoxis, going to go and try Jindo and others now (I know panther boss is soloed tho)

Edit: killed zanzil with a bit of luck. Also, jindo is doable but not with my gear (478).
    Last edited by Astralos; 2012-11-25 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guns View Post

just solo'd kilnara as combat spec.. i kicked the tears and just stood behind her for the wave.. trick is vanishing once panthers spawn and hit you.. kilnara has invis detection so you won't despawn her but will reset the panthers.. popped CD's, evasion, no profit... maybe tomorrow i'll get the mount.. but hope this helps...

armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ieninja/simple

Quote Originally Posted by ghostmutt View Post
    just solo'd kilnara as combat spec.. i kicked the tears and just stood behind her for the wave.. trick is vanishing once panthers spawn and hit you.. kilnara has invis detection so you won't despawn her but will reset the panthers.. popped CD's, evasion, no profit... maybe tomorrow i'll get the mount.. but hope this helps...

armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ieninja/simple
    Oh wow, I didn't even think of that. Thanks.

Deleted
    Any tips to solo RoS? Im not Belf so I only have kick and CoS to avoid the Spirit cast, maybe in combat and use KSpree on 3rd cast I can avoid the spell.

Quote Originally Posted by venomzxd View Post
    Any tips to solo RoS? Im not Belf so I only have kick and CoS to avoid the Spirit cast, maybe in combat and use KSpree on 3rd cast I can avoid the spell.
    You can use killingspree to finish off the boss, but if you are hit by the cast you'll be disoriented once killingspree ends.

Run with Kick glyph and preparation. Kick first shock, cloak the next two, kick the fourth. Use Combat Readiness and Evasion to avoid damage during the second phase. I recommend popping Evasion, then pop Combat Readiness once evasion ends. If you havent finished second phase by this time, It's probably a wipe.

If you have problems getting the interrupting down, try running with mind numbing poison. Though I usually end up dead if i run without leeching.

I'm currently running with 475 ilevel, and as combat.

I'd welcome any input from anyone else who've tried or successfully killed this boss solo. :-)

I don't see how Onyxia is soloable. Is there a specific spec / strat you need? It states that it is "easy" to solo. I went in as an Assassination rogue and, before she even made to it phase 2, I was at 5% health. What is the strat / spec for this to be soloable?

Howdy folks. Nice thread you've got here. I decided to register to give my two coppers. I'm a Combat rogue with ilevel 471.

- First off, High King Maulgar. The guide says to kill the priest and the warlock first, but I ran into some trouble in that the shaman has a ranged disarm, which combined with the polymorphs and fears made it rather tricky to do enough damage to kill an add before I got disabled in one way or another. I therefore walked up to them in stealth and stood off to the side of Kiggler and popped KS from stealth. With only a quarter of a million HP he went down like the prom queen, after which the rest fell easily.

- I also managed to down Lady Vashj, albeit with some difficulty (and some time, phase 2 is sloooooooow). I would rate her as Medium difficulty, edging toward hard.
    I specced into Shuriken Toss for this. The key is to get the shield down ASAP in phase 2 while keeping as many elementals from reaching Vashj as possible. Stay in the middle, and use ST (and FoK for more than one) to kill elementals. You can use 1-point Recuperates to regen what little health you lose to the adds and Vashj's lightning, and longer lasting Recups from the big adds. When a strider spawns, strafe away from it at an angle and kill it with ST. Take care not to get hamstringed by the naga adds while there's a strider up, you'll get feared for the whole duration of the slow and possibly miss a Tainted Elemental.
    As soon as you see a green bolt flying at you, pop Sprint and head in the direction it came from. Kill the Tainted Elemental (it despawns after 15 seconds so don't dawdle), loot the core, run back up (it no longer roots you) and click one of the active pillars. You can use FoK and ST while running, so try to kill elemental adds while you're doing this. Rinse and repeat four times until the shield goes down.
    It's inevitable that quite a few elementals will reach Vashj during phase 2. Each one increases her damage by 10%, which means her damage is going to be pretty high by the time the shield goes down; in my case her melee hit me for about 40k. Pop every offensive and defensive cooldown you have to stay alive and kill her ASAP. I used Prep/Evasion and Combat Readiness, and of course AR and KS. Other things that might help but I didn't try are a PvP trinket to break the roots and using Feint with Elusiveness. Assassination's burst combined with Dispatch from 35% could also make phase 3 easier.

Quote Originally Posted by pureallstar3482 View Post
    I don't see how Onyxia is soloable. Is there a specific spec / strat you need? It states that it is "easy" to solo. I went in as an Assassination rogue and, before she even made to it phase 2, I was at 5% health. What is the strat / spec for this to be soloable?
    As combat I do not have to use defensive cooldown. The damage burst of combat is incredible :/
    Just ensure you have chosen preparation, combat readiness and leeching posion.
    In fact you should not have health problem in lv90, pop combat readiness or evasion in opening and it should bring you to phase2 easily.
    Whelps are pieces of cake with leeching. And then phase 3 is almost the same as phase 1.

By the way, as Combat you can skip phase 2 easily by using cooldown burst when she walks into entrance (although whelps also spawn )

Quote Originally Posted by Sandz View Post
    You can use killingspree to finish off the boss, but if you are hit by the cast you'll be disoriented once killingspree ends.

Run with Kick glyph and preparation. Kick first shock, cloak the next two, kick the fourth. Use Combat Readiness and Evasion to avoid damage during the second phase. I recommend popping Evasion, then pop Combat Readiness once evasion ends. If you havent finished second phase by this time, It's probably a wipe.

If you have problems getting the interrupting down, try running with mind numbing poison. Though I usually end up dead if i run without leeching.

I'm currently running with 475 ilevel, and as combat.

I'd welcome any input from anyone else who've tried or successfully killed this boss solo. :-)

This is pretty much the method I used last night.

Kick (Glyph of Kick) > Cloak > Prep Cloak (Immediately as the first cloak ends) > Kick

I used Killing Spree as soon as my second cloak was about to expire since I usually had Moderate or Deep insight up at that time.

Also kept recuperate up and used a health pot.

Quote Originally Posted by Deamon002 View Post
    It's inevitable that quite a few elementals will reach Vashj during phase 2. Each one increases her damage by 10%, which means her damage is going to be pretty high by the time the shield goes down; in my case her melee hit me for about 40k.
    If she hits you for 40k dmg, that means surge stacked at max level. Because of this, you shouldn't even bother killing elementals, only a few for recup and the elite adds. You can KS every 2nd strider, and two-shot the others with pvp trinket. The nagas also die in seconds.

Glyphs should be recup, evasion and cloak, mandatory talents are, leeching, prep, ST. DT could help to kill striders from range but you can pick cr for more mitigation in p3. Make sure that you are near full health before you get down the shield. After the shield is down, pop cloak with ar+sb and evasion before cloak fades away. A health potion can also help, cause the boss hits 30-35k with full surge.

Viscidus I managed to solo, as combat. Knock him to 1 health and switch to daggers I used fangs of the father with elemental force on them, but you can get quicker daggers and use frost oil on them if you wish. Keep killing spree and ar available until he freezes wait a few secs before using them though, killing spree first and ar second afterwards and spam sinister strike, if you are lucky should get him down, if not you can still attack him and try again.
    It's still immune to poisons but shiving still gives the heal effect for you and if you have a health pot use it if it get a bit low, you can reset the boss by exiting the room though.