Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Is it only me that cant enter 40man raid by my self?
    Molten core, BWL

Quote Originally Posted by Shrih View Post
    Is it only me that cant enter 40man raid by my self?
    Molten core, BWL
    Yes.

MC and BWL (and probably all the vanilla raids) have been open without a raid group since some time in Cata. 5.1 made everything below MoP accessible without a raid group.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Yes.

MC and BWL (and probably all the vanilla raids) have been open without a raid group since some time in Cata. 5.1 made everything below MoP accessible without a raid group.
    Do they still require an attunement though?

Deleted
    finished soloing black temple today (was stuck on reliquary before the nerf).

I died once to the reliquary when I pulled to much dps. So on the second try I pretty much autoattacked+ruptured it to death while healing with leeching/shiv and recup.

After that, Mother sharaz was a complete joke and the council also didn't give me any problems whatsoever. I just sat on the priest the whole fight, popping everything at the beginning + blade flurry and simply blew them up while kicking the ONE circle of healing she did actually try to cast. I used (glyphed) evasion at the beginning followed by a combat readiness and I also cloaked at some point, but I didn't really get into any trouble hp-wise. I tried moving a bit because of the aoe, but I don't think I ever got out of the blizzard and consecration.

Illidan also went down without any trouble. I played cautiously and saved my defensive cooldowns, but I ended up never using them. Popped everything in P2 and the elementals died in about 10 seconds.

whole run was as combat with about half my gear being epic pvp gear (including 470ilvl swords), 2 blue pvp items and the rest 476 epics from raidfinder.

also did naxx 10 complete for the pets. Only trouble I got in was with patchwerk who still hits like a truck and I ended up shuriken tossing him to death with nitro boost from 20 to 0. I also picked up "and they would all go down together" @ 4 horsemen by cleaving the first two down to 100k and pulling them back and swapping back and forth between the remaining two until I got them all to about 50k at which point I nuked them down and sprinted to the last immobile guy to finish him off. Just remember to use wound poison since deadly might kill them prematurely

[edit] skipped razuvious without trying

Deleted
    Yes.

Then why cant i enter 40 man raids? Nothing happends when i run into the green portal thingy when you should enter.
    Can only enter when i create a raid with someone else.
    Can enter Blacktemple etc 25/10 man raids wothout problem.
    Do i have to set any special settings?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrih View Post
    Then why cant i enter 40 man raids? Nothing happends when i run into the green portal thingy when you should enter.
    Can only enter when i create a raid with someone else.
    Can enter Blacktemple etc 25/10 man raids wothout problem.
    Do i have to set any special settings?
    Get the attunements. It won't solve the bug, but you didn't require a raid group if you used an attunement to enter, even before 5.1. Also the attunements make the whole thing a lot faster (you won't have to enter dungeons to get into MC and BWL, just talk to stuff outside.)

Yes.

They are opened, yes, but you still can´t enter mc and bwl from the instance portal without raid. You have to make the attunement quests and enter with the blood elf/orb into them, but this way you already could enter in cata..

Deleted
    Ok ty all, works now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    finished soloing black temple today (was stuck on reliquary before the nerf).

I died once to the reliquary when I pulled to much dps. So on the second try I pretty much autoattacked+ruptured it to death while healing with leeching/shiv and recup.

After that, Mother sharaz was a complete joke and the council also didn't give me any problems whatsoever. I just sat on the priest the whole fight, popping everything at the beginning + blade flurry and simply blew them up while kicking the ONE circle of healing she did actually try to cast. I used (glyphed) evasion at the beginning followed by a combat readiness and I also cloaked at some point, but I didn't really get into any trouble hp-wise. I tried moving a bit because of the aoe, but I don't think I ever got out of the blizzard and consecration.

Illidan also went down without any trouble. I played cautiously and saved my defensive cooldowns, but I ended up never using them. Popped everything in P2 and the elementals died in about 10 seconds.

whole run was as combat with about half my gear being epic pvp gear (including 470ilvl swords), 2 blue pvp items and the rest 476 epics from raidfinder.

also did naxx 10 complete for the pets. Only trouble I got in was with patchwerk who still hits like a truck and I ended up shuriken tossing him to death with nitro boost from 20 to 0. I also picked up "and they would all go down together" @ 4 horsemen by cleaving the first two down to 100k and pulling them back and swapping back and forth between the remaining two until I got them all to about 50k at which point I nuked them down and sprinted to the last immobile guy to finish him off. Just remember to use wound poison since deadly might kill them prematurely

[edit] skipped razuvious without trying
    Actually you can skip patchwerk by using shadowstep to Grobbulus when he's up on the pipe.

Razuvious is easier than patchwerk btw.

Quote Originally Posted by romance View Post
    Actually you can skip patchwerk by using shadowstep to Grobbulus when he's up on the pipe.

Yes, but they're both easy in decent raid gear.

I disagree. I've attempted Raz a few times to no avail the past couple weeks, while I find Patchwerk fairly simple. Currently iLvl 465. Patchwerk just feels like an application of smart cooldown usage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    Righto I pretty much stopped soloing old content simply because after the gold nerf there is no reason to, other than a few vanity items like mounts and transmogrification gear. However I have done a few things which you could add to your list.

Naxxramas, all of it (there are only 15 bosses by the way assuming you don't count the kitty).
    Sunwell, everything but Kalecgos (didn't even attempt).
    Malygos.
    Onyxia.
    Vault of Archavon, all of it.
    Blackwing Lair, everything besides the first boss (didn't attempt).

I'll attempt Ulduar for the sake of attempting things today. I've done most of it at 85 but the stat decay hurts pretty bad. I reckon Trial of the Grand Crusader is possible as well which I might try for the hell of it after Ulduar.

Just a quick note about Alysrazor since you're claiming a world first. I've done Alysrazor 2 weeks after MoP with a Shaman guildie and 3 weeks after release solo. I can't provide proof simply because I don't really care about ''world first solo kills'' and didn't think about taking a screenshot or anything. But I'm just throwing it out there. I'm pretty sure someone managed it at 85 as well.

EDIT:
    Scratch Ulduar today actually. I'm trying to get into an Algalon 25 man run for the spectral dagger. That slipped my mind when I wrote this post.
    how do you solol Flame Leviathan on 25 man normaal because he gibs me like every try around 40% boss hp remaining

I took a lot more damage from razuvious than patchwerk. Patchwerk was a joke.

For both fights I highly recommend glyphing evasion and cloak and taking prep and combat readiness. Chain cds, do not stack.

Another option is to glyph both recuperate and shiv (glyphing shiv is 20% more healing from shivving leeching, if you use on cooldown).

So Gurtogg Bloodboil, how an earth do you solo him and say he's easy. I finally got heroicly geared at lvl 90 and decided to go for BT, before najentus was the problem, now he just hit the floor like a rag. I was worried about RoS, but that was even easier than Najentus, 1 shotted, just keep recup up and shiv and don't worry about even interrupting. Takes a little time, but there's no enrage so just few hits and stop and heal and disorient and what not, few hits and repeat and dead. But Bloodboil OMG. I've been wiping on it for 1,5 hours now and can't get him under 40% no matter what i do. Dualspecced for prep for double cloak. Around 30 stacks and cloak and then prep, evasion when available also and combat readiness, Shiv on cd and recup up. I pull around 40k on dps on the fight and can't get past 40%, 35-40+ stacks on me with 310k hp is deadly within 5-10 seconds with heals up. Am I missing something? Guy soloing it at 85 on youtube clip never even drops to 50%, I just get whacked in an instant after 2nd cloak.

Both

C'Thun
    Reliquary of Souls

should be marked as easy now.

Dps C'thun down kill tentacles in stomach then dps some more and wala
    Bring a Master Healing Potion for reliquary P2 when your health gets to 10% or so use it it will heal for 240,000 and easily put you ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by rede View Post
    So Gurtogg Bloodboil, how an earth do you solo him and say he's easy. [...]
    40k dps is really low. It's a simple kill-him-before-he-kills-you fight. I don't even use defensives on this fight and just cloak once it dies to clear the bleed.

40k dps is really low. It's a simple kill-him-before-he-kills-you fight. I don't even use defensives on this fight and just cloak once it dies to clear the bleed.
    Ok, so it's just a matter of gearing more in pandaria, I dinged 90 like 3 days ago, started late, came back just cause i heard raids can be solo entered now, old familiar glint bounced into my eyes that finally after 5 years the warglaives are reachable without depending on others to even get a group to run bt. Just been running heroics, so that's why 40k, with this gear that's pretty much pulled on dummies, in optimal conditions, or with lvl 85 epics from dragon soul, which are pretty much the same as lvl 90 blues. LFR geared people easily pull 100k in heroics as i've witnessed so just have to keep gearing up. Just wondering how the rogue killed him at lvl 85 with 150k hp and god knows with what dps numbers he was pulling. Will have to come back to bt with epic gear. My hopes just went up after Najentus went down so easily, last time i tried him it was impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by rede View Post
    So Gurtogg Bloodboil, how an earth do you solo him and say he's easy. I finally got heroicly geared at lvl 90 and decided to go for BT, before najentus was the problem, now he just hit the floor like a rag. I was worried about RoS, but that was even easier than Najentus, 1 shotted, just keep recup up and shiv and don't worry about even interrupting. Takes a little time, but there's no enrage so just few hits and stop and heal and disorient and what not, few hits and repeat and dead. But Bloodboil OMG. I've been wiping on it for 1,5 hours now and can't get him under 40% no matter what i do. Dualspecced for prep for double cloak. Around 30 stacks and cloak and then prep, evasion when available also and combat readiness, Shiv on cd and recup up. I pull around 40k on dps on the fight and can't get past 40%, 35-40+ stacks on me with 310k hp is deadly within 5-10 seconds with heals up. Am I missing something? Guy soloing it at 85 on youtube clip never even drops to 50%, I just get whacked in an instant after 2nd cloak.
    I posted this a few pages back. I was suffering similar issues with Gurtogg in heroic-ish~ gear.

"If you're having trouble with Gurtogg, use CloS sooner than later. I was having trouble until I started scrubbing the DoTs off around ~20 stacks instead of waiting for an emergency. Obviously, since it's a stacking DoT, this kept me nearly topped off the whole fight. Was having issues when saving it for emergency situations around 30-40 stacks."

Just cloak sooner than you'd expect. Use it around 20 stacks, rather than in an emergency. Just try it. Use evasion / CR fairly early, as well as all dps cool downs. Then scrub the dot off around 15-20 stacks (you should still be pretty high hp at this point, like >70%), prep and evasion again, and cloak a second time around 20ish stacks. Burn him down. If you're lucky, you'll get a second KS in. I personally find him the second most difficult fight after Council in mediocre gear. But certainly possible.

I just went from Combat to Assassination. I know Assassination still works to solo but there is one question i have, will enevenom do damage to the Twin Emps who can only take physical damage? Seeing as how it does Nature damage

Deleted
    Yogg 25 4 keepers, possible as a rogue?