Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Enhshamanlol View Post
    I would say middle ground. We can't solo firelands like warlocks hunters or DK cans. The fact I killed Al'akir still mind fucks me. But then again my strat was LOL stay out of melee
    OK the DK and Hunters being better soloers I get. But when did Locks join the list of Elite "I can lolz my way through old content like its a level 1 wolf in Northshire" club. I remember them soloing some stuff like Hydross in TBC but wasnt that just because of pathing bugs? Also I had a lock I played as a main during Wrath. I dont remembering having that much self healing. Sure it was great against normal leveling mobs but I dont see how it would keep you alive aganst a raid boss. Not to mention compared to Hunters that can mis-direct threat to their pets, Lock pets hold threat worse than a LFR tank.
    Last edited by Lilly32; 2013-01-14 at 02:43 PM.

Hey guys, I saw this post and I had to create an account to answer. First, great post and thanks for putting this together.

I saw that you need more info on Lady Vashj, so I had to share.

The real challenge is in phase 2 (70%), when you must kill the Tainted Elems, drop the Tainted cores and deactivate each of the 4 generators. In the meantime, Vashj gets a bonus in her DPS based on how many regular Elems get to her.
    Depending on your luck, you might have the elems pop near you. They pop at the bottom of the stairs and shoot poison at you so you can't miss them. The main issue are the adds(Coilfang Striders and Elites). The elites are to be killed fast and used to build combo points + regen, but the striders will fear you constantly (every 1.5 sec or so) while you have to get to the Tainted Elems as fast as possible. If you have 2 Striders near you, its fear lock + dead in 30 seconds.

I did 4 tries tonight with my rogue (ilvl 450) and the fucking fear got me 4 times. It just takes too long to kill the adds while you try to get to the Tainted Elems, and Vashj ends up killing you slowly. The last try I had the 4th Tainted core and was running to the generator when I died. Unbelievable. Tomorrow I'll give this another 5 tries and will update if I down her. Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by popkorn95 View Post
    Hey guys, I saw this post and I had to create an account to answer. First, great post and thanks for putting this together.

I saw that you need more info on Lady Vashj, so I had to share.

The real challenge is in phase 2 (70%), when you must kill the Tainted Elems, drop the Tainted cores and deactivate each of the 4 generators. In the meantime, Vashj gets a bonus in her DPS based on how many regular Elems get to her.
    Depending on your luck, you might have the elems pop near you. They pop at the bottom of the stairs and shoot poison at you so you can't miss them. The main issue are the adds(Coilfang Striders and Elites). The elites are to be killed fast and used to build combo points + regen, but the striders will fear you constantly (every 1.5 sec or so) while you have to get to the Tainted Elems as fast as possible. If you have 2 Striders near you, its fear lock + dead in 30 seconds.

I did 4 tries tonight with my rogue (ilvl 450) and the fucking fear got me 4 times. It just takes too long to kill the adds while you try to get to the Tainted Elems, and Vashj ends up killing you slowly. The last try I had the 4th Tainted core and was running to the generator when I died. Unbelievable. Tomorrow I'll give this another 5 tries and will update if I down her. Hope this helps
    Try using Shuriken Toss, it allows you to kill the striders from range without getting in range of the fear pulses. As a bonus, unlike Throw it can be used on the move, so you can kill adds while running around without resorting to FoK spam. Watch out for Vashj in phase 3, she hits pretty hard depending on how many adds got through to her. Prepare to be rooted a lot, Burst of Speed might be useful to break her roots (I've only done it once, and I used Prep/Evasion that time).

You should try her with Shuriken toss.

Quote Originally Posted by Deamon002 View Post
    Try using Shuriken Toss, it allows you to kill the striders from range without getting in range of the fear pulses. As a bonus, unlike Throw it can be used on the move, so you can kill adds while running around without resorting to FoK spam. Watch out for Vashj in phase 3, she hits pretty hard depending on how many adds got through to her. Prepare to be rooted a lot, Burst of Speed might be useful to break her roots (I've only done it once, and I used Prep/Evasion that time).
    Makes absolute sense, thanks for the tip !

I guess with higher iLvl and Shuriken Toss she should be easy. Will try and confirm.

Quote Originally Posted by fofilolipop View Post
    You should try her with Shuriken toss.
    Seriously, Shuriken Toss is pretty much a staple for soloing old raids. It makes many fights easier or even possible in the first place. It can make Malygos very easy if you doubledip spark puddles and go crazy as phase 1 ends, but I digress. Shuriken Toss, yay.

Deleted
    Hy Kevin i wanted to ask you what do you think about soloing cata hc dungeon achies? how much of them is possible? i would be really thankfull for the answer
    jaqenhqhar

Idk. I was doing ZA for lulz and they hit hard. but its doable

LK10HC

Not my video! Just posted it here.
    Last edited by Astralos; 2013-01-24 at 01:13 PM.

Can someone tell me how to kill the Alystrazor trash. The boss may be fine I cant get there!
    Last edited by jtstormrage; 2013-01-23 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jtstormrage View Post
    Can someone tell me how to kill the Alystrazor trash. The boss may be fine I cant get there!
    You start by cleaving down the 2 casters. Once they're dead, you run behind 1 of the piles of eggs. The two big phoenixes will follow your movement with 2 very lethal beams. These beams does friendly fire, so basicly let them kill the piles of eggs for you. Then you just finish of the birds 1 by 1

Hey all,

Just thought Id give in my 2 cents.

I can confirm Viscidus can be soloed!

You need patience, DPS, and a frost weapon like: Brunnhildar Harpoon, Brunnhildar Great Axe, Brunnhildar Bow, a weapon enchanted with Enchant Weapon - Deathfrost, or a weapon coated with Frost Oil.

I decided to use frost oil-cheap n easy-and buy a dagger that was 165.

Coat the dagger in the oil then equip it. You will dps him down while the frost hits him. After 20 frost hits, he will be frozen. While he's frozen, you need to shatter him. To shatter him while frozen, you now need to hit him 30 times within 30 seconds.

Happy hunting!

Quote Originally Posted by Tangloa View Post
    Hey all,

Just thought Id give in my 2 cents.

I can confirm Viscidus can be soloed!

You need patience, DPS, and a frost weapon like: Brunnhildar Harpoon, Brunnhildar Great Axe, Brunnhildar Bow, a weapon enchanted with Enchant Weapon - Deathfrost, or a weapon coated with Frost Oil.

I decided to use frost oil-cheap n easy-and buy a dagger that was 165.

Coat the dagger in the oil then equip it. You will dps him down while the frost hits him. After 20 frost hits, he will be frozen. While he's frozen, you need to shatter him. To shatter him while frozen, you now need to hit him 30 times within 30 seconds.

Happy hunting!
    Alternatively, just use Enchant Weapon - Elemental Force on anything (I carry a backup set of combat weapons and one has it, just for this really) and just faceroll.

Ezpz.

Deleted
    Do you think Assassination is as good for soloing as Combat is? If so, which talents and glyphs do you recommend?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aturbus View Post
    Do you think Assassination is as good for soloing as Combat is? If so, which talents and glyphs do you recommend?
    The loss in healing from leeching poison is huge on any content where you're concerned about your regen capacity. Talents/glyphs will always vary by encounter/raid but typically you're interested in survival and beating the fight mechanics, as applicable. You'll really need to be more specific about what you're trying to do to get a helpful response.

Just signed up to throw in my 2 cents on this thread. For the EZMode RoS solo, on Phase 2 you can just spam Expose Armor to get up 5 CP and keep Recup up at all times. Beyond that, just let Deadly Poison and auto-attack do the work for you. Using this method, you can completely ignore the disorient ability, as you will never drop low enough in health for it to really matter all that much.

Quote Originally Posted by setnetjer View Post
    Just signed up to throw in my 2 cents on this thread. For the EZMode RoS solo, on Phase 2 you can just spam Expose Armor to get up 5 CP and keep Recup up at all times. Beyond that, just let Deadly Poison and auto-attack do the work for you. Using this method, you can completely ignore the disorient ability, as you will never drop low enough in health for it to really matter all that much.
    Why would you spam Expose Armor. Wouldn't your normal combo builders hit harder?

Quote Originally Posted by bzhai View Post
    Why would you spam Expose Armor. Wouldn't your normal combo builders hit harder?
    It's the point not to die. that's why he doing that.

What would the solo class ranking list look like, sorted from most successful to least successful class?

DK
    Rogue
    Mage

??