Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    I killed her just a few hours ago.
    Guess I just don't do enough damage to kill her before ice tomb.

While we're on the topic of DS, did you kill Ultraxion before he cast hour of twilight, post damage nerf?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post

While we're on the topic of DS, did you kill Ultraxion before he cast hour of twilight, post damage nerf?
    Never tried. I feel like a level 100 in blues might be able to.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

Yogg-saron - any suggestions for killing constrictor tentacles? If I'm lucky, I can sometimes use shuriken toss on a nearby tentacle, which procs my cloak, but I'm soon grabbed again. It's the only thing holding me off a solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    can DS 10 or 25 be solo'd at 90?
    I did it on 10 man tuesday after the patch went live.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EviForums View Post
    Yogg-saron - any suggestions for killing constrictor tentacles? If I'm lucky, I can sometimes use shuriken toss on a nearby tentacle, which procs my cloak, but I'm soon grabbed again. It's the only thing holding me off a solo.
    Don't be combat, FoK hits the tenticle as a non-targeting aoe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shadowboy View Post
    I did the ultrax trash without shuriken toss. I just used throw and let the legendary meta gem do all the work. Also note that I run with MfD full time so I used MfD and recuperate to stay alive. You can also interrupt them to bring them down so deadly throw would work (as long as you have a way to get initial combo points on them--mfd is good for that, too).
    But with s. toss this becomes a laughable joke where the words "to survive" never enter your mind. I think S. toss becomes the best talent at level 90 abilities for soling old content - it is simply amazing and suprisingly strong.
    Last edited by slime; 2014-10-18 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post

Don't be combat, FoK hits the tenticle as a non-targeting aoe.

Ah! Switched to ass, best attempt now was 3% - empowering shadows is working against me now. One step forwards, two back. Thanks.

On Yogg just save combo points for tentacles and use a crimson tempest...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post

I got her to 25% on 25m normal before being ice tombed as 516 ilevel combat with no legendary meta or cloak, starting frost phase first, the largest chunk of your dps will be just after the frost p2, when she's stunned and takes increased damage for 15~ seconds.

Should be really easy at 550+.

EDIT: Although I have done this fight multiple times pre-patch on other classes and can't seem to remember ever being ice tombed which is strange.
    Last edited by mmocee72ac48eb; 2014-10-20 at 07:31 PM.

I must be an awful rogue.

I cant get past the first boss, he does a big stomp ability and it just wipes me out :P (i should add ive never done DS :P)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    On Yogg just save combo points for tentacles and use a crimson tempest...
    I did it like that, CT one shots constrictors. I haven't tried using throw, perhaps you can hit constrictor with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    I must be an awful rogue.

I cant get past the first boss, he does a big stomp ability and it just wipes me out :P (i should add ive never done DS :P)
    Get DBM + DBM Cata and watch the timer for stomp, use BoS/Sprint and start running away when stomp is sub 1s. You should be fine, problem is right now if you don't have the gear, Ultrax will destroy you. My alt rogue was only able to get it down to about 10% at 564 ilvl with 2 mythic BoAs.

Just a few things to point out about DS - (I did it as a 532 ilvl combat rogue)
    - You can attack the ice tomb on Hagara from inside of it. I did not play in Cata so I did not know this and it would have saved me a lot of grief(and a drum) if I had. Still managed to kill her shortly after the end of the first phase stun on 25 man, got tombed as she was dying(which is how I found that out).
    - For Ultraxion's trash, I found that Shuriken Toss is really awesome. Not only does it give you a spammable ranged attack but it also lets you auto-attack them from ranged. This worked for me well enough on 25 man and 10 man. I did not have the dps(not even close) to kill Ultraxion before the first Hour of Twilight though on 25.
    - Spine seems impossible as combat(at least without high gear levels) due to needing to kill all 9 bloods pretty much simultaneously and quickly. Even on 10-man I couldn't manage to put out enough energy regen/damage to kill everything before the roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Thisisanalt View Post
    I got her to 25% on 25m normal before being ice tombed as 516 ilevel combat with no legendary meta or cloak, starting frost phase first, the largest chunk of your dps will be just after the frost p2, when she's stunned and takes increased damage for 15~ seconds.

Should be really easy at 550+.

EDIT: Although I have done this fight multiple times pre-patch on other classes and can't seem to remember ever being ice tombed which is strange.
    Yea, I couldn't kill her on heroic but I did kill her on normal before tomb at 561 ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaflare View Post
    Just a few things to point out about DS - (I did it as a 532 ilvl combat rogue)
    - You can attack the ice tomb on Hagara from inside of it. I did not play in Cata so I did not know this and it would have saved me a lot of grief(and a drum) if I had. Still managed to kill her shortly after the end of the first phase stun on 25 man, got tombed as she was dying(which is how I found that out).
    I think if you're out of combat you can break the tombs, but not if you're still in combat. Every time I vanished before ice tomb hit, I was able to break it. But not if I got hit during combat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone knows if we can solo Spine of Deathwing HC? Having trouble controlling the debuff you get. :-(
    Be strong, Clarence! Be strong for mother!

Quote Originally Posted by Mibzo View Post
    Anyone knows if we can solo Spine of Deathwing HC? Having trouble controlling the debuff you get. :-(
    I haven't done it myself but I think the trick is to bring out a enough blobs to make the add get 9 stacks, then you kill the last tentacle get the add to 9 stacks and kill it before it applies the debuff to you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibzo View Post
    I heard someone here soloed it with Cheat Death and a hell lot of patience (waiting for Cheat Death to come off CD everytime).

How do you even solo LK25 heroic? When he sends you into the Frostmourne, the damage is ticking for about 10% my hp for second. Even with recup running and every single cd (hp pot, cloak, smoke bomb) I still die. Inb4 "use feint" - I did, it made zero difference, the damage is most likely not aoe.

any help appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post
    How do you even solo LK25 heroic? When he sends you into the Frostmourne, the damage is ticking for about 10% my hp for second. Even with recup running and every single cd (hp pot, cloak, smoke bomb) I still die. Inb4 "use feint" - I did, it made zero difference, the damage is most likely not aoe.

any help appreciated.
    I hate to say "use feint" then, but try speccing into Elusiveness so feint also gives you a 30% damage reduction to everything, not just AoE. That could possibly help you

PM Requests are CLOSED | DevArt | TwitchTV | Zen Pigeons

Deleted
    Feint, Cloak of Shadows, healing potion, Recuperate and Leeching poison + Shiv did it for me (no Elusiveness then), jumping around and spamming FoK trying to hit things. I made it out with around 15% HP I think. Not gonna lie, I was seriously wishing for it to end.

Maybe it's a gear issue ? I'm not exactly overgeared myself.
    Last edited by mmoc28280ad8ec; 2014-10-27 at 03:35 PM.

Leeching Poison is completely OP now when soloing old content because it heals based off a percentage of your damage.
    So when you get the buffs that increase your damage ridiculously, but your health stays the same, you're being healed for 15% of some ridiculously high number. It tops me off in a few melee strikes

PM Requests are CLOSED | DevArt | TwitchTV | Zen Pigeons

Quote Originally Posted by Jassinta View Post
    I hate to say "use feint" then, but try speccing into Elusiveness so feint also gives you a 30% damage reduction to everything, not just AoE. That could possibly help you
    Feint talent not an option since I lose leeching poison if I take it, and without leeching, I just die in phase 1 or 2.