Best tank combo? (10 man raiding)

My group is presently recruiting a new off tank and we are aiming heroic modes soon( main tank is a Paladin).
    Our melee dps are : Warrior and Rogue.

What you guys think will be the best off tank?DK?Druid?Monk?Warrior?

Deleted
    Druid or Monk, best not to have your tanks share gear, specially at the start of the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacebot View Post
    Druid or Monk, best not to have your tanks share gear, specially at the start of the expansion.
    Cant emphasize this enough, nothing slows down gear progression (and as a result possibly raid progression itself) than having two tanks that both need the exact same pieces of gear.

I'd say get a monk if you can - they are in an amazing place right now

Agreed Monks are really good finding one is a different story

2 plate tanks wont share tier gear and we have been running DK War and as long as your tanks know how to communiate about what valor peices each is getting its really not an issue. Haven't had a plate piece drop yet that we both needed.

The extra rolls make it easy as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfrosty View Post
    2 plate tanks wont share tier gear and we have been running DK War and as long as your tanks know how to communiate about what valor peices each is getting its really not an issue. Haven't had a plate piece drop yet that we both needed.

The extra rolls make it easy as well.
    that'll probably change when you start killing heroic bosses that drop better gear than VP gear, or simply when the two new raids are released next week that also drop better gear.

I'll admit it hasn't been as much of an 'issue' as it was when cata was released due to the large amount of time given to gear up before raids were even released, and then the gating after that.

Deleted
    Haste Paladin + Warrior/DK imo.

With a rogue and a warrior dps already in the group you're going to have competition from the dps for tanky drops anyhow.

Have you looked at tier token distribution in your raid group yet? We're going to be heavy on the paladin/priest/warlock token and our hunter and shammy are going to tier up really really quickly. Might want to recruit someone who bulks out a token that you only have one or two people competing for.

10+ Year Old Account
    The top progression guilds on my server all have a Monk in the mix, for second tank for gearing reasons mentioned you'd want a Warrior/DK/Pally. I believe DK's are struggling on a heroic or two so guess I'd have to say Warrior/Pally for 2nd.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Deleted
    that'll probably change when you start killing heroic bosses that drop better gear than VP gear, or simply when the two new raids are released next week that also drop better gear.

I'll admit it hasn't been as much of an 'issue' as it was when cata was released due to the large amount of time given to gear up before raids were even released, and then the gating after that.
    I am sorry but your post really doesn't make sense.
    You need to communicate what valor gear you will buy so you always have someone needing something, not the other way around. So lets say that you keep the tanks away from both buying wrists or such. When heroic comes out and they both need the gear it will matter less what they buy for valor (although still matter alot in the start) and more on what loot it drops in the raid.

As long as you have someone who can use the leather gear that drops (Rogue, feral) it shouldn't be a huge problem atleast.'

Ontopic; I would say Druid+Paladin is my favorite tank combo because they offer most utilitys and best raid cooldowns in my opinon. I do believe that the differences are very small currently though.
    Last edited by mmoca551fea510; 2012-10-26 at 01:00 AM.

Deleted
    DK + druid/monk.

What exactly is good about a druid tank that the other classes don't have?

I have a druid pally and dk, have tanked on all three, and on average they're all about the same. The major difference is that (in 10m) frenzied regen is AWFUL in comparison to death strike. Savage defense is a very interesting and fun mechanic, but its completely RNG, and does jack against spell damage.

Deleted
    We run DK+Warrior

And it seems to work well (not done HC yet). Warrior is amezing with his movent and banners etc. If played correctly it makes a huge difference to any team.