Deleted

Disc Priest help for Arena 2v2 please.

Hi there. I post this on behalf of my friend I do 2v2 with. I do 2v2 Arenas with him, but he always dies pretty fast to certain DPS like Pallys, warriors, hunters or rogues. I usually try to fear, disarm and snare them as a warrior , but he still dies. Could you please give any hints/tips what to do to survive the longest while, I as warrior kill the second DPS?

To get to the point how can he survive the longest with a DPS chasing him without getting himself killed.

Thanks

Deleted
    Hi there!

To be honest, everyone and their mother can kill a discipline priest, through cooldowns, if they have their shit up. No joke. Only way to counter it is being super defensive and being very active with using spectra guise & LoS like a bauss so they can't touch him while you try to put out obscene pressure on their team. If they reach him, it will in many cases be over pretty fast because discipline is in such a bad position right now it isn't even fun to play, atleast not for me.

The other way is to be very super aggressive, him going with Dominate mind and following up on the first fear to force a trinket very early while you destroy their dps, alternatively you wreck the healer and he dominate mind/fear the dps, which ever is more opportune for the moment. In short, the second you lose pressure and they can touch him things are starting to go downhill very very fast. using phantasm and spectral guise very early and trying to see the damage coming is key to surviving, well for those 3 seconds longer you do. Oh and makesure he's always at max range so you can see swaps coming for him, the whole game will always revolve around you doing all the work and he is just basically trying to survive!

Good luck!

As the other person commented, Disc Priests aren't viable yet. There's talk of Inner Will be added in 5.1

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    As the other person commented, Disc Priests aren't viable yet. There's talk of Inner Will be added in 5.1
    Yes, 5.1 brings for Discipline:

Focused Will (New) Whenever you are victim of any damage greater than 0% of your total health or critically hit by any non-periodic attack, you gain Focused Will reducing all damage taken by 10% lasting for 0. Stacks up to 0 times.

And for Holy:

Chakra: Chastise now increases the damage done by your Shadow and Holy spells by 50%, up from 15%. Now reduces the mana cost of Smite and Holy Fire by 90%, up from 75%.

Tips that work well for me, but not necessarily right for everyone: Aside from your Priest trying Holy, which works extremely well with an additional CC and Lightspring (but will take some learning to be good at), you should make sure that you and your partner stay within 20 yards of each other (when PoM is cast) to ensure that PoM will bounce between you. He should have Holy Fire and Penance glyphed so he can dps and heal on the move. He should Psyfiend whenever off CD and in range of both enemies. He should be using Angelic Feather and not Body and Soul, and he should be very good at using it. He should offensively dispel the target you are trying to kill. If the enemy pops cooldowns he should Spirit Shell and Shield himself. He should have tons of pvp resilience.

Deleted
    I have exactly the same problem. Ret pala + war blow me up in under 3s literally. One game we had the warrior on the ropes and I come close to try and help kill him, so what happened was both war and ret turned on me with a stun and I got globalled. I cast PS as soon as they switched trinketed the stun and died before the GCD from PS was over.

The biggest problem with ret and war, is that you can't shake them no matter what. The warrior can remove fear and has avatar. The pala can remove snares/roots with freedom and he has bubble, they both have trinkets and stuns. The warrior has massive burst and they both have pretty deadly executes. On top of that the warrior they both have several ways to interrupt you, even when you use inner focus. With other classes you can cc/snare them and keep them off you, but this pair there is absolutely nothing you can do once they are on you.

Basically there is only one strat that is viable against opponents above 1500. Your partner has to intercept one of them before they get to you and smash him beyond recognition. The pala is a good target because the warrior will just not die. Basically you need to charge in ASAP and start working on one of them before they reach your priest. No buts no excuses. Your priest should stay mounted for as long as possible and try to kite survive against the other dps for as long as possible. If you can't get one of them on the run before they reach your priest its gg.

Feathers are great, but phantasm is also really good. The benefit of feathers is that once you get around a pillar its tough for the warrior to catch you, because you can constantly speed boost and avoid him. The downside is that you are slowed to 50% feathers will only get you to 80% and they take a GCD to cast on top of that the moment you get outside melee range the war will just charge you. Psyfiend is nice, but the CD is long and the warrior has easy ways around it. My personal preference is void tendrils + phantasm. You can pretty much stay mobile for 10s every 20.

Holy is good for kitting warriors. Fear when you are near a pillar --> chastice --> tendrils/psyfiend, start again.

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc12 View Post

The biggest problem with ret and war, is that you can't shake them no matter what. The warrior can remove fear and has avatar. The pala can remove snares/roots with freedom and he has bubble, they both have trinkets and stuns. The warrior has massive burst and they both have pretty deadly executes.
    Warriors have a near 100% uptime on my Disc priest. Spells in general like Berserker Rage, Lich Borne, Tremor Totem and Fear Ward should have been removed from the game a long time ago. When classes are balanced against being able to fear a target, and most classes remove a fear without blowing the trinket, the classes who were balanced around the fear are dead in the water.

Which is why warriors are traditionally hard counters against Disc priests and Warlocks, but weak against mages; because mages don't use fear.

CC breaks and CC in general need to be DRAMATICALLY reduced if PvP in World will ever be decently balanced. There is NO reason why 1 on 1 can't be A LOT closer then it is today without completely homogenizing the classes. I suspect the devs are just worried the changes required are considered too "radical."