Halloween Costume - Facial Hair ideas?

This year I'm going as a 1920's/1930's thug. Not a gangster in a fancy suit, just a basic thug.

Slacks, Button-up long sleeve shirt, boots, suspenders and a paperboy hat(example).

I was wondering what I should do with my facial hair for that era. Right now it's not long, I wish I didn't trim it last week or I would go with a big bushy mustache. So as of right now it's basically scruff and full. What I mean by full is nothing is shaved to the skin atm.

So any ideas or examples would be great. I'm thinking that just scruffy and full would be ideal but maybe you guys can think of a better idea. Also my head hair is very short atm so mutton chops or long side-burns might not look right, but then again they could since I'm wearing a hat.

Anyway, let me know if you have any good ideas.

5 o'clock shadow or a handlebar moustache

Yep you can get already made beards or mustaches. Check out your local Costume store. Alternatively, buy some Crepe Hair and use Spirit Gum to attach it to your face.

How's that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    I would say mustache is ok and 5'oclock shadows work as well. in the 1st half of the 20th century men didn't have beards and only a few had mustaches.