View Poll Results: what is the best expansion in your opinion!

Voters
913. You may not vote on this poll
  • the burning crusade

253 27.71%
  • the wrath of the lich king

264 28.92%
  • cataclysm

33 3.61%
  • mist of pandaria

320 35.05%
  • good old vanilla

43 4.71%
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Sorry, had to fix this for you. TBC was the expansion that made other specs viable. It was the first time Hybrids could do anything other than heal, the factions got the classes they were missing (shaman/paladin) and overall the PvE scene became more player friendly to what you wanted to do.

And these changes made the new hybrid specs immediately viable. I became a bear tank and never looked back then, but moonkin, shadow priests, ret paladins, elly/enh shaman all had their time in the sun for the first time. The numbers might not have been as great DPS wise all the time, but most top end players topped charts with all classes.

Also, specs that had lesser potential damage had very potent buffs (Shadow priest) to help them synergize with the raid. Wrath actually just started the great class homogenization.
    Well, varying degrees of the same thing I guess. I'd say in BC hybrids were still mostly pigeonholed into healing. You could get away with DPSing as ret or tanking as feral, but they were still inferior to the "real" specs. Like you mentioned shadow priests--their only real purpose was mana return since their damage was crap compared to a warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudebanger View Post
    This. It'll come down to a poll of "when did you start playing"?

Vanilla/BC - Will most likely choose BC.
    Wrath - Likely Wrath.
    Cata/Mists - Likely to choose Mists.

INB4 someone feels the need to be a special snowflake and chime in "I played during Vanilla and Mists is the best! herpderp"
    right, because only special snowflakes can have an opinion that's different from your highly researched, very scientific, accurate to a marginal percent of error, favorite expansion/time played chart

Quote Originally Posted by Dudebanger View Post
    This. It'll come down to a poll of "when did you start playing"?

Vanilla/BC - Will most likely choose BC.
    Wrath - Likely Wrath.
    Cata/Mists - Likely to choose Mists.

INB4 someone feels the need to be a special snowflake and chime in "I played during Vanilla and Mists is the best! herpderp"
    Let me get this right. If they don't agree with you then something is wrong with them?

Started in Vanilla and...

WOTLK/MOP are tied (Voted LK due to Ulduar)
    BC a VERY close 2nd
    Cata blew!!
    "Peace is a lie"

I vote Burning Crusade.

I have played every expansion of the game since Vanilla and while I liked Wotlk, Nothing comes close to BC.

How can people judge an entire expansion or even compare it to others after a couple of weeks?

Good to see Cata's getting the love it deserves. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by syom View Post
    what is the best expansion!
    your vote will decide the outcome!

*i know vanilla is not an expansion.
    I voted mists. I've played since launch. Vanilla was great.... at the time.. it was the new shiny that I was looking for after 7 years of Everquest. Would I want Vanilla today... uh no. Vanilla and TBC I did the most raiding and loved it. time allowed for it. I actually didn't like TBC because of all of the gating.. it was completely overdone. Having to keep a flow chart at my desk to keep track of where I was and what I had done was simply ridiculous.. the raids themselves were fun and challenging.

WOTLK I enjoyed alot. the continuation and wrap up(?) of the Arthas story was what alot of people had been wanting for a long time. I love the norse theme. Cata.. was... okay... probably the worst in my opinion. the begining dungeons were just.... horrid. sadly I can't really blame the developers for that. The community itself just deteriorated and refused to adapt to the CC mechanics. It was a ragequitapalooza. I never got to kill LK as I had stopped raiding late TBC.

MoP I am enjoying. the dailies are my only real gripe with it. I just now hit revered with Golden Lotus. I just can't bring myself to hit those dailies every... single... day... but If i eventually want my 6 rep based enchants I gotta do it. it's a little better now that I am doing shado-pan and august celestials but I imagine after the first 5-10 days of doing those that I will be avoiding them some days. I've never been big into dailies. I think they serve a purpose. they just aren't for me. but If I want to max my profession and be competitive with it, I have no choice,. there is no other way to get rep or the recipes other than to grind rep through dailies. Even with double rep gain on alts thats going to be painful on 10 max level characters. So I am picking and choosing very carefully the order I level up my alts.