Deleted

Yaungol, Tauren & Niuzao the Black Ox

FUN THEORY TIME!

Now we know the yaungol are descendants of tauren trapped on Pandaria after the Sundering, HOWEVER what if it's infact tauren that descended from yaungol? My clue... Niuzao the Black Ox! Now Niuzao is a August Celestial, which I personally believe are Ancients. As we know many beastial creatures such as furbolgs. quilboar & murlocs came from Ancients so why not tauren/yaungol? We already know tauren predate the Titans arrival so could it be that yaungol came from Niuzao and in turn tauren are a variation of yaungol that quickly changed to adapt to Kalimdor whilst the yaungol remained the same on Pandaria

That doesn't explain the Taunka in Northrend.

Tauren that were trapped on Pandaria ended up 'evolving' into Yaungol. Tauren that were trapped in Northrend evolved and adapted into Taunka. Both of those places are colder than Kalimdor, so they are naturally more furrier and stuff, like they are in-game.

The Tauren that were stuck on Kalimdor after the Sundering are the tauren we know and love today.

It's very unlikely that there was a huge group of Yaungol running around old Kalimdor/Pandaria during the Sundering, only for some of them to get split off into Northrend and new Kalimdor. After all, if they were all Yaungol in the beginning, then why would the Taunka in Northrend look different? Both races naturally adapted to the cold, but they look different. If they were all Yaungol in the beginning, then the Taunka would still look like Yaungol because they're still suited for the climate they're in.

There are far more Tauren in Kalimdor and Northrend than there are Yaungol in Pandaria, so it's very unlikely. It'd make more sense that regular tauren that got stuck on Northrend and Pandaria after the Sundering eventually evolved and adapted to the cold climate, and became Taunka and Yaungol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then why don't the Yaungol worship or acknowledge Niuzao in anyway?
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

The Lorewalker scene when you get all of the Yaungol pieces clearly show that it was Tauren -> Yaungol.

Yaungol are a bellicose and self-sufficient race. They take what they need when they want it, they don't care much for respecting the land, the land is theirs to do with as they please, which is a polar opposite of the Tauren as we know them, even the Grimtotem. They are a force to be reckoned with, hence their existence beyond the wall alongside the Mantid. This is part of their evolution from the Tauren over 10000 years, Tauren being the forebears not descendants.

Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Then why don't the Yaungol worship or acknowledge Niuzao in anyway?
    They could have a relationship similar to that between Robert E Howard's Cimmerians to Crom, their chief deity, as best exemplified in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5nUUD8SM0Y

But yeah, Lorewalker Cho's story shows the forebears being standard tauren anyway. The thing about that scene, though, is that it's just Cho talking. He might not have all the facts. We're not exactly hearing it straight from the yak's mouth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    They could have a relationship similar to that between Robert E Howard's Cimmerians to Crom, their chief deity, as best exemplified in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5nUUD8SM0Y

But yeah, Lorewalker Cho's story shows the forebears being standard tauren anyway. The thing about that scene, though, is that it's just Cho talking. He might not have all the facts. We're not exactly hearing it straight from the yak's mouth.
    He's talking because you gathered the facts for him.

Deleted
    I still want to see a bull Ancient

Quote Originally Posted by Penguintamer View Post
    That doesn't explain the Taunka in Northrend.

Tauren that were trapped on Pandaria ended up 'evolving' into Yaungol. Tauren that were trapped in Northrend evolved and adapted into Taunka. Both of those places are colder than Kalimdor, so they are naturally more furrier and stuff, like they are in-game.

The Tauren that were stuck on Kalimdor after the Sundering are the tauren we know and love today.

It's very unlikely that there was a huge group of Yaungol running around old Kalimdor/Pandaria during the Sundering, only for some of them to get split off into Northrend and new Kalimdor. After all, if they were all Yaungol in the beginning, then why would the Taunka in Northrend look different? Both races naturally adapted to the cold, but they look different. If they were all Yaungol in the beginning, then the Taunka would still look like Yaungol because they're still suited for the climate they're in.

There are far more Tauren in Kalimdor and Northrend than there are Yaungol in Pandaria, so it's very unlikely. It'd make more sense that regular tauren that got stuck on Northrend and Pandaria after the Sundering eventually evolved and adapted to the cold climate, and became Taunka and Yaungol.
    How exactly is Pandaria cold? There are lush forests everywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    How exactly is Pandaria cold? There are lush forests everywhere.
    Not cold, but coldER then kalimdor, which a good portion is deserts and large plains.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.