Thread: Black Ox statue

  1. #1
    Keyboard Turner
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5

    Black Ox statue

    So i've got a few questions regarding my Black Ox statue which i've not been able to work out my self yet, does the Guard it applies only happen if i do the damage in one hit, or is it total over any amount of hits, is it possible for the statue to cast guard on the caster aswell? Normally in a raid or dungeon where should I place it, by me and the other tank for a raid, and by me for a dungeon?

  2. #2
    every time you do a total of 1600% of your attack power in damage. It's impossible to do 16 times as much damage as your attack power including vengeance in one hit.

    It explicitly says that it will not place a Guard on you.

    Place it in the center of a boss room, or in between you and the ranged, so that it is in range of everybody. Alternatively, place it where AoE adds will spawn, so you can attempt to do your AoE taunt.

  3. #3
    Keyboard Turner
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5
    What is our AoE taunt? I thought the taunt we can have from our statue was single target?

  4. #4
    using our normally single target taunt on our statue will do an AoE taunt in an 8 yard radius around the statue.

  5. #5
    The Lightbringer SurrealNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    3,503
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendle View Post
    What is our AoE taunt? I thought the taunt we can have from our statue was single target?
    Targeting your statue and using Provoke will do an AoE taunt centered on the statues location. So if your doing a fight where you know AoE taunting adds is needed make sure to place it in a central location to the add spawns or on the Ranged DPS/Heal pile to pull mobs off them.

    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    Targeting your statue and using Provoke will do an AoE taunt centered on the statues location. So if your doing a fight where you know AoE taunting adds is needed make sure to place it in a central location to the add spawns or on the Ranged DPS/Heal pile to pull mobs off them.
    A good example of this is General Pa'valak in Siege of Niuzao Temple. You can place the statue just up the hill a bit and taunt the adds from the totem.

  7. #7
    Keyboard Turner
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5
    Another question relating that, will the AoE taunt send the stuff to me, or to the target like the glyphed ability does?

  8. #8
    The Lightbringer SurrealNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    3,503
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendle View Post
    Another question relating that, will the AoE taunt send the stuff to me, or to the target like the glyphed ability does?
    They will all be taunted onto you, the glyph causes the statue to also cast it's own taunt independent of this.

    Haven't had Siege come up for me recently but I've been using it to gather up all the pumpkins for the Headless Horseman when they spawn.

    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

  9. #9
    Keyboard Turner
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5
    How does the statue work with a monster attacking it then, does it have a set amount of hp, or is it immune to damage while the monster is hitting it?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendle View Post
    How does the statue work with a monster attacking it then, does it have a set amount of hp, or is it immune to damage while the monster is hitting it?
    It has a set amount of HP.

    One trick I like to use in dungeons is to put the statue in the middle of a pack of mobs. The will move towards it and start attacking, then I roll in, makes it easy to land keg smash on all of them and get agro on all the mobs.

  11. #11
    The Patient Valient's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Surrey - England
    Posts
    223
    Something that people have not mention about Statue placement here is that you can use it as a target for your L30 talents, whilst you should not be using your chi on heals as a rule, there will be times where it is more beneficial to the raid, in these cases you can place your statue behind the raid and target it for a Chi Burst that will hit most of the raid, this can be very nice burst healing in clutch situations on harder content.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendle View Post
    Another question relating that, will the AoE taunt send the stuff to me, or to the target like the glyphed ability does?
    Also it applies the runspeed buff to them as well so they'll come towards you fast. Sometimes this is preferable to the slow from DH.

  13. #13
    Herald of the Titans Nikkaszal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    2,916
    Quote Originally Posted by JRule View Post
    A good example of this is General Pa'valak in Siege of Niuzao Temple. You can place the statue just up the hill a bit and taunt the adds from the totem.
    I always found it best to just sit in the bubble and hurl keg after keg of Dizzying Haze until they get to you, whereupon DPS can bomb them and the shield.

    DH spam will easily out-threat healing aggro, and if an overzealous DPS runs out to attack them then you can giggle at them for being silly and getting their face smashed in.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •