Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I wish it would change to 1 UH rune. It would make it slightly more bearable, esp. for AoE situations for both Frost specs.

Quote Originally Posted by wooootles View Post
    I wish it would change to 1 UH rune. It would make it slightly more bearable, esp. for AoE situations for both Frost specs.
    In AoE situations just don't use it, my Howling Blast hits harder on two or more targets than SR does - And that's as 2H, so even more as DW. But yeah if they made it an Unholy Rune it would mess up with 2H frost, though it would be great for DW.

They should remove the 50% haste from the "if the target dies..", because if the target dies it's useless. No one cares about trash, and you don't use it on AoE anyway. They should also make it deal ShadowFrost damage so it scales better for both Unholy and Frost, and just increase the damage it does anyway because it's barely worth it currently.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2012-10-26 at 03:21 PM.

Deleted
    I hardly play my death knight but when I leveled it to 90 last week and toyed with SR I thought boy this sure is an awkward execute.
    I would either get it when the mob dies and I have a haste buff that won't last long enough to be meaningful on the next mob or I would have to slow down to make sure it procced and killed the mob.

I'd also imagine it causes rotational problems as well.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GamerLCD View Post
    Even if I was wrong about rouge and warrior class executes it still doesn't change the fact you ignored the real issue I addressed in the OP that SR is just not good for frost.
    1. Spec Unholy
    2. Reforge to mastery
    3. Pwn nubs
    4. Use SR on an enemy at 35% Health watch it hit like a boss when it pops.
    4. ????
    5. Lol at Frost DKS
    6. Profit

Go unholy, its more fun and it out DPS's Frost if you know what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    In AoE situations just don't use it, my Howling Blast hits harder on two or more targets than SR does - And that's as 2H, so even more as DW. But yeah if they made it an Unholy Rune it would mess up with 2H frost, though it would be great for DW.
    'Never said I used it as it is in AoE. But right now, you only use UH runes in AoE for DnD and some random plague strike here and there just to keep it on cooldown. Just sayin, 4 HB + 1 SR at 35% is better than 4 HB + PS.

Quote Originally Posted by justlols View Post
    1. Spec Unholy
    2. Reforge to mastery
    3. Pwn nubs
    4. ????
    5. Lol at Frost DKS
    6. Profit

Meanwhile, 2h Frost DKs hit like a boss from 100% -> 0 with another ability.

In a Patchwerk fight you might, but any other you won't, especially if you need burst in either AoE or single-target.
    'Never said I used it as it is in AoE. But right now, you only use UH runes in AoE for DnD and some random plague strike here and there just to keep it on cooldown. Just sayin, 4 HB + 1 SR at 35% is better than 4 HB + PS.
    Of course, was just making it clear. And that would be for DW, but not 2H Frost.

It's absolutely awesome as Unholy and changes the pace of the rotation making it "Feel" like a real execute, at least for Unholy I hope they never change it...it also hits like a f'in truck and is usually my number 1 ability. For 2H frost I will admit it feels a bit clunkier because your finisher costs 2 runes, but it's still doable...

1. No it doesn't
    2. Timmy
    3. TIMMY
    4. Frost is more fun.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    1. No it doesn't
    2. Timmy
    3. TIMMY
    4. Frost is more fun.
    With the right person playing unholy will defentely out dps frost, and since the start of wrath to me unholy has been by far the funnest spec to play of any class.

Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    1. No it doesn't
    2. Timmy
    3. TIMMY
    4. Frost is more fun.
    Kindof subjecting saying that frost is more fun. I prefer unholy as it is "more fun".

Also people tend to mention ghoul, I assume you mean you don't like it and I never understand why. All it requires is macros that have you bind /petattack into a few key abilities, (I use icy touch and outbreak). And the few times you actually have to pull your pet off, you can just click the passive button.

1. Spec Unholy
    2. Reforge to mastery
    3. Pwn nubs
    4. ????
    5. Lol at Frost DKS
    6. Profit

exactly my thought proccess. unholy dks ftw

Only fight UH is ahead on is Elegon - All others frost is better.

Quote Originally Posted by bklutz View Post
    exactly my thought proccess. unholy dks ftw
    Frost is beating Unholy on 5 out of the 6 bosses... I'm thinking Frost "with the right player" will, in most cases, outdamage an Unholy DK "with the right player."

And Unholy DKs reforge to mastery just so they see a bigger yellow number now?

Frost is beating Unholy on 5 out of the 6 bosses... I'm thinking Frost "with the right player" will, in most cases, outdamage an Unholy DK "with the right player."

well i tend to just find unholy to be more fun. and if i sacrifice a bit of dps on that i don't think it matters. i tend to switch specs around very often anyways. most likely il switch between going frost and unholy in the middle of a raid just for 1 fight. for example i like to go frost on stone guard for the extra HB hit. the fact of the matter is it doesnt matter which does more dps "with the right player" because with "the right player" any class/spec will do plenty enough dmg to down the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by bklutz View Post
    the fact of the matter is it doesnt matter which does more dps "with the right player" because with "the right player" any class/spec will do plenty enough dmg to down the fight.
    Nope. This is untrue. 10 man Heroic modes require the optimal specs or being carried by better players/classes. If you look at ranked UH DKs they are in most cases tunneling bosses and being carried by other classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've noticed when I get the haste buff from it, it only lasts for 2 or 6 seconds never a full 10 seconds am I the only one?

Not a valid argument, tbh. Most of the quality players are frost ATM, so theres very very few unholy samples. Frost is probably a little bit ahead of unholy ATM, but not nearly as much as ppl think.

It's 5 seconds for everyone now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerGamez View Post
    Only fight UH is ahead on is Elegon - All others frost is better.
    This guy is correct. Frost and unholy are fairly even on Feng 25hc (from my own experience)

funfact!

Soul reaper delay trigger can also set off spirit kings shields and kill the entire raid. This ability is just so GOOD!