Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would happily fight for my friends, family and fucked up country.

But this song would always be in the back of my mind:

why support a pointless war that the government(probably) got us into? that's like signing up to be shot for shits and giggles.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    If you wouldnt, then you dont deserve to reap the benefits of living in your country. Get the hell out if you arent willing to defend your home country cowards
    I'm not willing to "die" for my country but I am willing to support it. Pay taxes, donate to charities here in the US, and when I find the time I will even get engaged into some community service.
    Just because I am too much of a coward to die for my country doesn't mean I don't deserve to live here. But I am not surprised to find you here posting hateful messages like what you did in the other thread.

If the war was worth fighting, yes. For example, if I lived during World War 2, I would've been more than willing to go to war so that I can stop a terrifying dictator and murderer from causing anybody else harm, and to protect my country's freedom. Aside from that, I wouldn't volunteer unless the war was directly threatening my country / hometown. I didn't agree with the Iraq / Afghanistan war because I felt they weren't a threat to America overall. But if, for example, a country was trying to invade the US I would definitely pick up a rifle and go to war. And I wouldn't feel any remorse for it either (I don't think).

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing that would let me think about volunteering would be a direct attack on the soil of my country. Not some "terrorist" bullshit many many flight hours away.

If, by war, you mean another little thing like iraq, the 'ghan, 'nam, korea, or desert storm... Not again, no. I finished my 4 years of that crap under a bunch of half-witted assholes and moved on.
    If, by war, you mean a war on foreign soil against a single country? Still no.
    If you mean a US invasion, definitely.
    If you mean a World War, definitely.
    I'd fight again if there were a good cause. Not that iraqi freedom wasnt a good cause, but the punk-ass higher ups got to hide in the bases and don't get their dumb asses killed. I'm hoping that in a world war they'd get picked off so more qualified individuals could take their places. Sadly, as it stands, only the good leaders get killed because they don't hide behind a desk of paperwork and career ambitions.