Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Our first foray into MV we had a death early on and the OT died when the dogs were at 30%. I solo tanked the three dogs for the remainder of the fight and other than being extremely well geared, I don't see it happening very successfully for 100% of the fight because the healers were almost all OOM by the time we beat the encounter.

Whats the point of doing this with 1 tank and 3 healers when normal, safe way is 2 tanks, 2 healers, even more dps from tanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is doable on 10m(N). Last week the off tank died and we still got them down to 25% with me tanking all 3 dogs. If we hadn't lost a healer I'm sure we would have cleared it. If you have a BrM their DPS will go through the ceiling.

The trick is to do the pull normal and stagger the energy of the two non-petrifying dogs. Having both non-petri dogs go off back to back will be a wipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Velthy View Post
    Whats the point of doing this with 1 tank and 3 healers when normal, safe way is 2 tanks, 2 healers, even more dps from tanks.
    Cause it's fun and can down the fight quicker?
    Last edited by SurrealNight; 2012-10-26 at 04:55 PM.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Mitigation cooldowns would have to be aligned perfectly.
    The group would have to to be entirely very good players.
    Every single DPS would have to not only be good at it but also very very good at multidotting (otherwise why even bother 1 tanking it)

I don't want to say it's impossible but at this time it's very unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Care to show examples to backup your bullshit?

You'll get double unmitigated explosions once per minute. Lets be generous and give you 3 minutes to survive that rotating cd's - that means you have to do 103k dps for 7 players. Try mitigating 500k damage 3 times at one minute intervals 3x in a row. Now try doing that dps while avoiding chain damage, mines, puddles of crap and shards. It's not going to happen (for a while)
    For most raid groups with the ability to cleave/multidot 3 at once, the average dps would be hovering near the 150 point rather easily (rogues did 180k in my raid, fire mages with three would be insane, shadowpriests with 3, boomkins, etc. pretty much anything other than hunter, ret pally, and windwalker monk). It seems incredibly doable. Especially adding in how mechanics like this work, if the dogs blow up at the same time, a CD like AMZ would mitigate for everyone in the raid since the damage would be synchronous. If they don't blow up in the same time it gives you a gcd or 2 in which you can heal (think two uplifts, and a PoH) would come close to topping off the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by refire View Post
    Especially adding in how mechanics like this work, if the dogs blow up at the same time, a CD like AMZ would mitigate for everyone in the raid since the damage would be synchronous. If they don't blow up in the same time it gives you a gcd or 2 in which you can heal (think two uplifts, and a PoH) would come close to topping off the raid.
    Considering the dogs start the fight spread out it would probably be impossible to mitigate both explosions with one AMZ, not that you would really need to.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

I would imagine that's the case, but that also means that you would have GCD's in between to top people off again, so you wouldn't have to be mitigating 520k in 1 second but rather 260k second 1 and 260k second 4. With my health already above 400k as a dps, and a passive 15% damage reduction I really don't see how this would be that challenging for most raid groups that have been progressing through the instance these past few weeks.