Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Your thoughts on botting!

Ok so I am trying too level by doing bg's with my alt warlock and doing quests but the major problem im facing is botting,I did at least +10 bg's today (WSG CTA) and I had 8 bot's mostly in every single bg I entered,I reported these bots a few times yet they still join bg's,why isnt blizzard doing any thing about this?

In cata they use to enter at night time EU but in MoP they enter during the day and hardly no action is taken and there are loads of topics on the wow forums.

A) Investigating and determining if a person is botting likely takes time.

B) Bots are banned once A is complete.

Quote Originally Posted by medievalman1 View Post

Why didnt (A) Work back in cata?
    I reported 2 horde dk's and one alliance rogue 3 time's for botting (Farming herbs / ores) in the twillight highlands?
    Btw go to a high pop realm and check the AH for herbs / ores you'll see what I mean

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by medievalman1 View Post

A never happens, and bots = $$$ for blizz so they dnt care if you owned blizz would you

Honestly I never notice bots or even see them in game. Idk why.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by die4moneh View Post
    Why didnt (A) Work back in cata?
    I reported 2 horde dk's and one alliance rogue 3 time's for botting (Farming herbs / ores) in the twillight highlands?
    Btw go to a high pop realm and check the AH for herbs / ores you'll see what I mean
    What do you want to hear? A tinfoil hat explanation about Blizz allowing or encouraging botting? Sources from Blizz stating that they actively combat botting activities? More anecdotal evidence one way or the other of what Blizz does? Honestly, what are you looking to get from this thread?

I think people should stop spamming MMOC about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard doesn't care about bots. I have come to the point where i feel like since i can't beat em, and blizzard doesn't care, might as well join them.

Just go look at botting forums ban sections and you will see they do in fact get banned.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by warcraftmew View Post
    A never happens, and bots = $$$ for blizz so they dnt care if you owned blizz would you
    Blizzard has said time and time again though that the money they get from bots/hacked accounts isn't worth the potential money they might lose from not doing anything about them. It does feel like Blizzard doesn't care about bots anymore, I agree, but, always try to deal with source of the problem, not the minor ones on the surface. It's a lot better to wait and study the bots, find their "secret" or whatever on how to counter them, and get rid of all of them at once in a big ban wave. That's what they used to do at least, but it was so long ago that botters have forgoetten the penalty for breaking the rules... They really ought to send out another wave soon. =/

Deleted
    The only time I see alot of botters are during new expansions (Most of them botting BGs) and from what I can tell even while botting some botters are doing one heck of a job! I mean dayum they sometime do better than real players, haha!

And I can somehow understand why people bot BGs, its quite a timesink imo.

15+ Year Old Account
    I stopped doing lower lvl bgs due to the fact my last ones were like 80% bots (I play early in the mornings alot)

Deleted
    I just had about 10-15 non bot players in isle of conquest. this is just unreal

15+ Year Old Account
    If they are good bots I do not mind, but bad bats should get banned.(The good ones are hard to tell that it a player.)
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

I've never encountered a bot in the game, as far as I know. People talk like you can't go ten feet in a BG without tripping over a bot, but what exactly makes them stick out?

10+ Year Old Account
    Bots in BGs piss me off.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

I actually have had bots in low level dungeons more often than in bgs. They "follow" a random group member most of the time and tend to only autoattack. They never talk in chat, will instantly release and run back when they die, and seem to be set to pull every x seconds if no one else has in order to keep themselves from being kicked. They need on everything. Sometimes they get stuck on walls humorously for the whole dungeon.

Usually I deal with them by not assisting when they pull and letting letting them die and run back over and over.

Deleted
    >These stupid "Why isnt blizzard doing something against this" proves your are not that smart.

They are doing something, but it takes time, because they have to PROOF it's a bot, even when it's obvious, that these are bots. They need proofs in the logfiles whatever. I also saw guys who I thought are obvious bots, but then they were players...sadly o0

10+ Year Old Account
    What you want to hear:Blizzard is doing nothing with botting. They are encouraging them by not banning them because they are a cash crop in some way/shape/form and don't care about what real players think or how they suffer.

What is the truth (I.E. what you play ignorance to): Confirming a bot takes time, certain steps and various other things that happen. Blizzard bans in waves, not on a case-by-case basis. They touched base on this in a blue post sometime during Cata. Just report and move along.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffter View Post
    I've never encountered a bot in the game, as far as I know. People talk like you can't go ten feet in a BG without tripping over a bot, but what exactly makes them stick out?
    Often really mechanical behavior. How I have spotted farming bots:
    Player is standing completely still facing its opponent spamming whatever attack, when it kills it it loots it, stops for a second, gets a new target, turns around facing exactly that direction and running in a straight direction towards it, proceeds to kill it, repeats. It never jumps around or does anything "lively", it has a really predictable behaviour, even though there are some bots that behave a bit more realistically including jumping nowdays to seem less suspicious.

In BG's a lot of the bots often just stand at the start location, jumping every now and then and attacks whoever gets close, but there are also those that run out in certain patterns looking for an enemy to attack (so they can't be afk kicked). Some are as simple as do /follow on a random allied player, even in spirit form... They are most common on high populated realms though, so I rarely ever bump into them (but see them every now and then in BG's on both Horde and Alliance side).