Poll: Which rare do you find the most challenging?

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The panderan in vale is probably the only elite I cant solo as a hunter.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest they are all tank and spank. Nuke, run and don't stand on the crap he's been casting for 5 seconds :/

I really expected those rares to be some kind of mini boss, forcing you to at least bring 3 people.

10+ Year Old Account
    as a hunter theyve been laughably easy so far . Expecting it to be harder on all my other characters though.

As a moonkin, Pandaren. My only interrupt has a 1 minute cooldown, and Mighty Bash and Typhoon don't actually interrupt their cast: they simply start recasting it immediately once the stun wears off or they land after the knockback. They are literally impossible unless their level is low for me to kill them before the second heal.

Beyond that, the Mogu Warriors can be pretty annoying since you have to move around so much and can pull adds, but it's still not really a problem. (Their quillen are a joke)

Jinyu can be kind of annoying too, but their ''cast first, then channel'' spells are actually interrupted by stuns/knockbacks as long as you use them while they're channeling, and not while they're casting.

By far the easiest ones I'd have to say, are the Mogu Sorcerers. A fairly damaging Shadowbolt that can be interrupted, a wand attack that does basically no damage, and a void zone that can be moved out of before it gets a single tick off.
    Last edited by Spa; 2012-10-27 at 01:54 PM.
    3DS Friend Code: 0104-0340-7272 ; IGN in Pokemon X: Spa
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Stratholme was harboring Malganis Bin Dreadlord and had hidden weapons of Mass Scourgification.
    The Culling was a justified war.
    Andorhal/25 Never Forget

for me the pandaren is the hardest because i have to move away from them for the spinning kick instead of just moving left or right to avoid some shit.
    or i have to rotate stuns to stop his kick, but then i have to be fast cos it hit damn hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I find Mantid to be the hardest as a ret paladin, Gar'lok in Dread wastes is the worst cause of the adds near him, i've died from mantid the most probably, pandaren the least.

As a Ret pally, for Pandaren, I just stand still and nuke them, Be ready to stun Spinning Crane kick as soon as they cast it, with Fist of Justice, then interrupt Healing mists straight after, with rebuke.
    With the 30 second cd on Fist of justice, you only really need to glyph into stun instead of disorientate on the AOE disorientate, it really helps.

Start fight, Dps>FOJ first spinning just after the cast > interrupt heal > stun with glyphed AOE>FOJ the next crane, easy.

Every other rare is easy, Ive been killed by mantid blade flurry the most though, just purely because its a 1.5 sec cast and does 100k per hit, only way to avoid it really is to dive to the side.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Major Nanners as melee, hands down
    Armory
    Haste only feels good to classes that truly benefit from it though. Can it be +Amp instead? Anything else really.
    "Classes that truly benefit from Haste" means... Everyone except Warriors. (And we're going to fix that.)

Probably Jinyu @85. Monks @90.

Monks aren't hard, Just annoying.

I did the majority of the rares at 85 as soon as the servers came up. Of course the 90s were hard. Insanely hard. For the higher level Jinyu, when I was level 85, I had to keep my pet up as long as possible. When my pet eventually died, and it did. I had to deterrence and res and repeat.

Otherwise most of the rares took awhile. I think it took me about 8 minutes to kill Ik-ik the nimble. Missing/dodging all the time and a ton of health.

I think the only thing I couldn't really do at 85 was the higher level monks. So basically townlong, dread wastes and vale.

I do think that it's just much easier on a hunter than it is anything else so, I guess I can't really speak on which is truly hardest considering hunters don't have to worry about the majority of the abilities.

That Pandaren in the temple of the red crane took me a couple of tries. lol
    Sweeter than yo mama's apple pie.

As a Paladin, none of those are hard at all.

Pandas= run when they prepare spin kick, hug them when not spinning, interrupt heal. you can also use a stun when they prep the kick= no aoe @ all, if you have a pet, they tend to stick to the pet when spinning.
    Hozen= avoid bananas and run around when it is jumping.
    Mogu caster= dont stand in pools, interrupt bolts if you feel like it not even needed for some specs)
    Mogu warrior= dont stand in cleave and ignore adds
    Mantid= move behind when they prepare the flurry, kite when a tornado is prepped
    Yaungol= dont stand in stomp
    Saurok= hug and attack when they are trying to run away
    Jinyu= Interrupt torrent, dance @ raindance, or if you have a stun available use it to prevent the rain alltogether

Free loot

10+ Year Old Account
    Pandaren. Chi burst from the shifting wind guy in valley of eternal blossom hits me for 350k if i fuck up. At first i wasnt truely sure of what i had seen.

As a Warlock, the only ones I have -any- problem with are the Pandaren. My felpup can't tank them, but without it I can't interrupt them. Stun interrupts but it doesn't lock them out of casting, and it doesn't come back off cd quick enough for the next one.

If Demo wasn't bugged with wands, I'd have a Demo spec, and could possibly weave Shadowfury, Carrion Swarm, and Spell Lock while tanking them myself in Dark Apotheosis.

Hrm ...
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Rain Dance can be pretty stupid

I voted Mogu Warrior, the only one that's killed me, with his "frontal cone" that one shot me while I was several yards behind him. Though that's less of a difficulty thing and more of a bug thing, still annoying.

Bloodsail Admiral Killmaim Deathbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dunno why pandaren are top of the list, as a Blood DK it just a case of alternating Asphyxiate and Remorsless Winter at the right times.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pandas on my warlock. The ones that are like 85-88 aren't bad but I spent literally 7 minutes killing one because I use my VW to tank it and my only thing I can use is my shadowfury to stun it what is around the same CD as the heal so it's basically burst it down stun when it starts the heal burst some more and then let it heal, I do more damage than what it can 100% heal through so eventually it dies =/

I'm sure it's easier to use my observer and teleport away during the spinning crane but I'd prefer to stay out of range completely.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Killmaim Deathbringer View Post
    Dunno why pandaren are top of the list, as a Blood DK it just a case of alternating Asphyxiate and Remorsless Winter at the right times.
    Try that with Spriest or any other class with one interrupt with long ass cd. :P

I've tried quite few times but noticed that neither of the fears work on pandaren, nor they want to target the void tendril for the chi blast thingy. So they are worst for me when im roaming around with my spriest.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    As a hunter, screw Pandaren rares. Usually, they're not a problem, but they occasionally cast their heal faster than my interrupt CDs are available, even if I weave in Scatter Shot and Intimidate.

As a hunter, all other rares have been laughably easy (barring opposite-faction intervention!).
    If the pandaren isn't level 90 I don't find this a problem, but if they are I need all my cds for them or else they heal. All the rares are jokes as a hunter (which is I guess a good thing).

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Deleted
    Jinyu are the worst for enh - it's the only race where luck is required to win (dodging rain dance), the rest are straightforward if you know what to avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by teebo View Post
    major nanners as melee
    Except for this dude, mainly cos he's on a small ledge overlooking an area with a bunch of 1.2m hp adds. (which you can't clear beforehand or you lose the rare)