1. #1

    It's Over Nine Thousand!

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ement#81:a4496

    last night i was finishing up some glory of the raider achievements and outta no where got this achievement, anyone know why I would of gotten this?

  2. #2
    You got more than 9000 achievement points.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    Right. If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

  3. #3
    It's a feat of strength for getting over 9000 achievement points.
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

  4. #4
    Legendary! Evil Inside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Down Under
    Posts
    6,864
    Probably because over all your toons you have more than 9000 points, the armory still only shows each toon's achievements only irc.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||HD6970/HD6950 crossfire|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||3x 1tb Western Digital HDD||

    Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

  5. #5
    Pit Lord Martinussen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Denmark, Ørum
    Posts
    2,439
    my best bet is that you've got some achievements, that later got removed. You lost the achievement and achievement points, but i dont think it got removed from the It's Over Nine Thousand! achievement.

    i just got the same achievement and i only got 8965 points.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

  6. #6
    You obtained over 9000 achievement points, it's a pop culture reference to an internet meme created from Dragonball Z.

    http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/its-over-9000
    Last edited by MrPaladinGuy; 2012-10-11 at 03:22 PM.

  7. #7
    The Patient Mizzow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    292
    Its a reference to Dragon Ball Z when Vegeta measures Goku's power level after training with King Kai

    Specifically he screams "ITS OVER 9000!!!"

  8. #8
    Pit Lord Martinussen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Denmark, Ørum
    Posts
    2,439
    only 2 out of 6 people properly read what he wrote and checked his armory. amusing stuff.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

  9. #9
    I should have probably explained myself better, I understand what the achieve is for and where it comes from. What I dont get is why I got it, with only 8700 achievement points.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Catanowplx View Post
    only 2 out of 6 people properly read what he wrote and checked his armory. amusing stuff.
    fun thing is, he got it without getting any other achievement ... just out of nowhere bam over 9000!

    well gz
    secretly gay

    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Remember, a firearm homicide is not always firearm violence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem;
    And, firearm violence is not always a firearm homicide.

  11. #11
    Warchief Kezotar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    not sure
    Posts
    2,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizzow View Post
    Its a reference to Dragon Ball Z when Vegeta measures Goku's power level after training with King Kai

    Specifically he screams "ITS OVER 9000!!!"
    Actually you only partially right. There's been around 5-6 remakes of dragonball. Which is before DBZ kai. They say it's over 8000 in the manga and 5/6 DBZ. There's only 1 DBZ that is english dubbed they say 9000. So actually tracking the manga it's 6/7 over 8000, and only 1/7 9000. Dunno, found this always strange. It's actually 8000 and not 9000.
    I7 - 4930K / 16 GB - 1600MHZ / R9 290 Core 1220 MHZ - Memory 1550 MHZ

  12. #12
    The Patient Lypo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    225
    Quote Originally Posted by crowdplzr View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ement#81:a4496

    last night i was finishing up some glory of the raider achievements and outta no where got this achievement, anyone know why I would of gotten this?
    I think it might be a little buggy. I got the toast and it posted in guild chat when I had around 8700 points. Then it did both again when I actually hit 9010. Then it did it again randomly while zoning from Shrine to Stormwind while I had 9700.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Every word I read of that post has your credibility plummeting like a hooker getting a suitcase full of money for a BJ.

  13. #13
    Moderator Kerdoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,119
    Well, I transfered my Shaman from Alliance to Horde and BOM! I got It's Over Nine Thousand! Even though My ach points are 8500ish.

    So i guess this one is abit buggy after Account wide achivements.

  14. #14
    The Patient Mizzow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    292
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    Actually you only partially right. There's been around 5-6 remakes of dragonball. Which is before DBZ kai. They say it's over 8000 in the manga and 5/6 DBZ. There's only 1 DBZ that is english dubbed they say 9000. So actually tracking the manga it's 6/7 over 8000, and only 1/7 9000. Dunno, found this always strange. It's actually 8000 and not 9000.
    Absolutely correct friend, the original manga and Japanese versions were 8000, they fixed that with the Dragon Ball Z Kai remake

  15. #15
    I see what you did here.

  16. #16

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •