Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Haste caps for Demonology?

    Does anyone know what the haste caps are for Demo please?

  2. #2

  3. #3
    perfect thanks so if i'm reading this right to get the extra tick from corruption I'd need 4717 haste?

  4. #4
    I'm not sure you actually need this extra corruption tick as Demonology. Ideally you have to refresh Corruption only via Touch of Chaos/Void Ray/Fel Flame so its DpET is actually extremely high and extra tick won't give you much. On the other hand, haste rating becomes inferior to crit rating at values close to 4500-4600 so why not gain these 4717?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by andgeres View Post
    I'm not sure you actually need this extra corruption tick as Demonology. Ideally you have to refresh Corruption only via Touch of Chaos/Void Ray/Fel Flame so its DpET is actually extremely high and extra tick won't give you much. On the other hand, haste rating becomes inferior to crit rating at values close to 4500-4600 so why not gain these 4717?
    I've reforged for this point, and found Haste becomes better again at, and just past this point before it dips, but it does quickly flip back up again - and it's prone to do this a lot. From what I've seen in these ebbs and flows though is that it's a better stat more often, and by more when it is, than Crit and Mastery are. I'm thinking for next raid I'll just go all out for it.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I've reforged for this point, and found Haste becomes better again at, and just past this point before it dips, but it does quickly flip back up again - and it's prone to do this a lot. From what I've seen in these ebbs and flows though is that it's a better stat more often, and by more when it is, than Crit and Mastery are. I'm thinking for next raid I'll just go all out for it.
    Well... it does! I should have researched this myself!

    It's a wonder how ratings in MoP have almost equal weights for demonologists (at least for now, I suppose it shall be different for high-end gear). I'm surely going to do the same as you - reforge to haste. Being more often in Metamorphosis gives insane mobility which all my caster friends envy.

  7. #7
    I think I'll also go all out for haste, I'd be interested to hear how you guys get on trying this.

  8. #8
    I hit the first haste breakpoint which is 4717 and i am now stacking complete mastery n it is a massive dmg increase^-^... grim of service imp soo rapes :]

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-26 at 11:59 PM ----------

    http://www.totemspot.com/vb/entry.php?b=44

  9. #9
    is it possible to get an extra tick of doom at all as demo ? i guess not or else i'd have noticed ! ty

  10. #10
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    461
    I never get where the obsession with haste caps comes from. Its relevance is almost 0 for warlocks. It's not like you're getting an extra combustion tick or extra damage on your conflagrate...

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Morggane View Post
    is it possible to get an extra tick of doom at all as demo ? i guess not or else i'd have noticed ! ty
    3038 is the first threshold.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaheer12a View Post
    I never get where the obsession with haste caps comes from. Its relevance is almost 0 for warlocks. It's not like you're getting an extra combustion tick or extra damage on your conflagrate...
    It saves globals, and it buys extra ticks for disparate multidotting. Sometimes it's also more desirable to hard cast Corruption then burn 240 Fury refreshing it through ToC.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    It saves globals, and it buys extra ticks for disparate multidotting. Sometimes it's also more desirable to hard cast Corruption then burn 240 Fury refreshing it through ToC.
    And you want to let your doom fade, most of the time.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by nightrianna View Post
    I hit the first haste breakpoint which is 4717 and i am now stacking complete mastery n it is a massive dmg increase^-^... grim of service imp soo rapes :]

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-26 at 11:59 PM ----------

    http://www.totemspot.com/vb/entry.php?b=44
    You keep saying this but i have yet to see any logs to back it up. Im not saying your wrong but some proof would help. But now that i think about it with hero and about 5k haste that i have( ive already went all out haste) maybe it has something to do with the reduce cast time of fire bolt or whatever the hell it is. Like i said logs would really help.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I've reforged for this point, and found Haste becomes better again at, and just past this point before it dips, but it does quickly flip back up again - and it's prone to do this a lot. From what I've seen in these ebbs and flows though is that it's a better stat more often, and by more when it is, than Crit and Mastery are. I'm thinking for next raid I'll just go all out for it.
    I was kinda confused about demo reforging at first, i'd tried many things but forging all out haste with a mastery heavy gear set made my simcraft significantly more. Not saying it's what works for everyone, just me personally.

  15. #15
    Grim of Imp does nearly 3.5% of my dmg andd it hits for 145k per cast.... how the hell can you say grim of felguard is better? me, method, and shineafae all use imp as our grim. I would show your logs, but Divide wont let me see them until my trial is done-_- also i basically said , "screw Haste". I just went full on mastery which is near 19% without raid buff and 3400 haste because corruption is only like 6% of your dmg, where as in, Grim of service,Doomguard,touch of chaos, and wild imps do farrrr more % of your damage.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by nightrianna View Post
    Grim of Imp does nearly 3.5% of my dmg andd it hits for 145k per cast.... how the hell can you say grim of felguard is better? me, method, and shineafae all use imp as our grim. I would show your logs, but Divide wont let me see them until my trial is done-_- also i basically said , "screw Haste". I just went full on mastery which is near 19% without raid buff and 3400 haste because corruption is only like 6% of your dmg, where as in, Grim of service,Doomguard,touch of chaos, and wild imps do farrrr more % of your damage.
    Not saying your wrong but u can just log it yourself
    Warlock / IA Operative / Wizard / Engineer

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by nightrianna View Post
    Grim of Imp does nearly 3.5% of my dmg andd it hits for 145k per cast.... how the hell can you say grim of felguard is better? me, method, and shineafae all use imp as our grim. I would show your logs, but Divide wont let me see them until my trial is done-_- also i basically said , "screw Haste". I just went full on mastery which is near 19% without raid buff and 3400 haste because corruption is only like 6% of your dmg, where as in, Grim of service,Doomguard,touch of chaos, and wild imps do farrrr more % of your damage.
    A pet doing a high % of your damage typically means you're having a bad night. Actual figures and logs would be preferable.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by nightrianna View Post
    Grim of Imp does nearly 3.5% of my dmg andd it hits for 145k per cast.... how the hell can you say grim of felguard is better? me, method, and shineafae all use imp as our grim. I would show your logs, but Divide wont let me see them until my trial is done-_- also i basically said , "screw Haste". I just went full on mastery which is near 19% without raid buff and 3400 haste because corruption is only like 6% of your dmg, where as in, Grim of service,Doomguard,touch of chaos, and wild imps do farrrr more % of your damage.

    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5836&e=6178 ...... im not seeing varia in method using the Imp and ive watched the blood legion kills and havent seen shineafae use it either......Now does this mean your wrong, nope but again some logs proving this would help. Ive ran some cut and dry test on the dummies in SW and not seeing a big difference in dmg from the felguard and the imp but dummy testing isnt good i know.

  19. #19
    I like how everyone is quoting me xD

  20. #20
    Wouldn't the 10% haste threshold be the most optimal (the extra corr tick with lust) and then stack mastery? Losing ~5%+ mastery would be worth one extra tick without lust?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •