Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    Solo'd 10-man emalon and archavon, havent tried koralon or toravon but I'd imagine they are soloable too

  2. #22
    High Overlord Mephalia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Bulgaria
    Posts
    109
    Yestarday I Soloed Onyxia with EASE as frost. it was a joke rly. I just tanked her with Frost Barrier and from time to time used Invocation for the dps increase. In P2 I used Ring of frost to gather all whelps and aoed them with a frost bomb and some arcane explosions. The big add is easy to kill. I left the water element on the boss in just to spam her and he managed to almost bring her down to P3 by himself. In last phase it is the same as P1 but with some fear.

    Then I went to TK and I took me more time that I was used to be there with my fr rogue at lvl 85 but I did it on the first time.
    I just pulled the first to adds to the back of the room and killed them there to have some distance when the all 4 rise at the same time. Then I use my mirror images to tank the adds as I kill them leaving the mage and the hunter for last.
    Also I dissmised the water element as I have read that I can get MC if he is up. That makes me wander if there is a difference if I go fire for more dps.
    On the weapons I just equipped the staff and used it and from there it was just a dps race with Kael. That pyroblast hurt alot but with Invocation you have no problem.

    After that I went to Firelands but after 4-5 tries I couldnt get Alysrazor down by myself. I lack some dps or dont know if it is better to use Unglyphed combust coz in 4 mns the boss is at about 15% and the adds on the ground are killing me as the burning phase begins. I use IB and mirror images to kite them but with no success. Then I got a friend to come and help me to kill it coz it was getting late and I had different stuff to do.
    Any tips on the boss since I couldnt get the ignite more then 80K with a pot and Pyro hardcasting and HS procs as well?

  3. #23
    Moderator LocNess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Indiana, United States
    Posts
    3,190
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephalia View Post
    Also I dissmised the water element as I have read that I can get MC if he is up. That makes me wander if there is a difference if I go fire for more dps.
    I've never been MC'd there, and done it every week since MoP. Love having my elemental out because even when stunned I can sometimes get the Freeze on two of the adds for the 2 FoF getting good burst the instant I come out of a stun.
    Battletag: Rhaegas#1141
    Armory: Valefaran
    "When you're a Mage you're a Mage all the way from your first Pyroblast 'till WoW's last dying day"

  4. #24
    I did a lot of soloing at 85, and haven't had much time to solo since MoP launched, but I've done a few of my regulars:

    TK - kaelthas is super easy now. at 85, I would use a long 12 minute strat that involved killing the 4 adds in different corners of the instance, but now I can take them all on together. Still use the staff and weapon swap to avoid the disorient and the stun. Did it as fire and as frost.

    Onyxia - super super easy now, last kill took 45 seconds. As fire.

    Malygos - easy, fire.

    All of VoA was easy at 85 except Toravon, but I bet he's no problem now.


    I haven't been back into firelands to try alysrazor, but I bet its a bit harder now with the ignite change. A rogue recently posted a video of himself soloing it at 90, which involved killing the adds. Once I play around with it, I bet there's a way with current gear. A nice mastery build might work well.

  5. #25
    All that stuff that you are talking about was allready soloed at lvl 85.
    Ecce homo ergo elk

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoflower View Post
    All that stuff that you are talking about was allready soloed at lvl 85.
    And the title of this thread is "Mage soloing at level 90". A lot of talents have changed, which may make soloing certain things at 90 harder than at 85. Sure damage is higher, but think: No more blastwave/instant flamestrike, no dot spreading to EVERYTHING, improved blink, etc.

  7. #27
    The thing I am willing to try is Alysrazor, so I can get that sweet mount.

    However, I don't think the strategy used in Cata for a HUGE Combustion can be done anymore. I went Firelands with my guild last Week and my DPS actually seemed LOWER in Alys than what I used to do in Cataclysm with the legendary.

    Any thoughts?

  8. #28
    Currently Soloing Onyxia and Malygos for the mounts. And Hyjal Summit for Scale of the Sands rep. I have Al'ar and Flametalon, got them soloing at 85. I did try Kael'thas at 90, big faceroll atm. Haven't bothered with Alyz.

    I also solo High Priestess Kilnara daily for the Swift Zulian Panther mount. Made a video of how I did it, it's not really hard either.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXw-B8s8zBk

    I enjoy making these vids, so if there is anything anyone want to see, let me know. Gives me something to do

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Madruga View Post
    The thing I am willing to try is Alysrazor, so I can get that sweet mount.

    However, I don't think the strategy used in Cata for a HUGE Combustion can be done anymore. I went Firelands with my guild last Week and my DPS actually seemed LOWER in Alys than what I used to do in Cataclysm with the legendary.

    Any thoughts?
    I think you should be able to solo her with out much difficulty, I was in an achievement run 2 weeks ago where they decided to wipe because somebody messed up the achivement but I already had it, so i burned her down from 80%ish to dead no problem.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephalia View Post
    Any tips on the boss since I couldnt get the ignite more then 80K with a pot and Pyro hardcasting and HS procs as well?
    Ignite mechanics have changed to a point where you can no longer get that 2 million dps on Alys anymore.

    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

  11. #31
    Anyone finished BT on a mage? Got past first boss by invis-resetting during the bubble and pulling before he re-healed. But got stuck on Reliquary of the Lost, frustratingly close in p2 (100k left best try) but after many attempts I was just not able to dps it down fast enough. But maybe I just suck =p
    (This signature was clearly too awesome for the Avatar & Signature Guidelines and was removed to prevent further facemelting)

  12. #32
    Blademaster Sereas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    37
    Alysrazor 25 heroic is possible as fire, did it last week.
    DPS requirements are high, but its even possible at ilvl of 483, because your are now able to survive harsh winds as a mage.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerot View Post
    Anyone finished BT on a mage? Got past first boss by invis-resetting during the bubble and pulling before he re-healed. But got stuck on Reliquary of the Lost, frustratingly close in p2 (100k left best try) but after many attempts I was just not able to dps it down fast enough. But maybe I just suck =p
    I'd guess that it is doable with luck, but it's gonna be super tricky. You need to have your Mirrors out and have them last the full duration, and hope that you're very lucky in that the boss never targets you for Spirit Shock, only your Mirrors, and pump enough damage into the boss to kill it (~1.5M I think) without also killing yourself. It is worth noting that you can LoS on the pillars around the edge of the room, but that doesn't really help for DPS at the same time.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    I think you should be able to solo her with out much difficulty, I was in an achievement run 2 weeks ago where they decided to wipe because somebody messed up the achivement but I already had it, so i burned her down from 80%ish to dead no problem.
    That sounds like a really nice thing to do

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by jaakkeli View Post
    That sounds like a really nice thing to do
    well they kicked me from the group when I did not immediately wipe even though they said it in vent and they didnt give vent info so i could get in vent.

  16. #36
    Mechagnome Dragore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    680
    How about Ulduar? No one has mentioned that yet and would love to see if its soloable

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragore View Post
    How about Ulduar? No one has mentioned that yet and would love to see if its soloable
    My Ulduar solo stopped at Thorim as I could not go in the tunnel. There may or may not be some way to get around that but I could not figure one out. Most of it was very easy up to that, the hardest thing is Mimiron as he still hits very hard.

    On Yogg you'd have the issues of taking the portals (this is probably doable as I've heard of people soloing him, I was worried about whether the boss resets/bugs but I couldn't get past Thorim) and getting gripped by tentacles with no one to get you free (should not be a problem for mages though as ice block clears it and you should have the DPS to burn the brain before you run out of ice blocks).

  18. #38
    Bloodsail Admiral spaace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,112
    Pretty sure for thorim you need a water ele in the main stage and book it through.
    3DS FC: 5172 - 0403 - 7277
    Pokemon Y Safari Steel Type (Feroseed, Forretess, Brozong)
    Bravely Default
    White Mage|XIV Stream

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Ignite mechanics have changed to a point where you can no longer get that 2 million dps on Alys anymore.
    Solo'd 10H alysrazor in one attempt this week with zero trouble. As others have said, 25H alysrazor is also possible, as long as you have invocation + glyphed evo heal, and proper use of alter time and ice block to survive harsh winds.


    I, too, had given up on ulduar because of thorim, but now I want to try using my elemental/mirrors in the ring while i speed through the tunnel.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Manikith View Post
    Currently Soloing Onyxia and Malygos for the mounts. And Hyjal Summit for Scale of the Sands rep. I have Al'ar and Flametalon, got them soloing at 85. I did try Kael'thas at 90, big faceroll atm. Haven't bothered with Alyz.

    I also solo High Priestess Kilnara daily for the Swift Zulian Panther mount. Made a video of how I did it, it's not really hard either.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXw-B8s8zBk

    I enjoy making these vids, so if there is anything anyone want to see, let me know. Gives me something to do
    what are you doing to kill Kilnara so fast, I can't seem to kill her as fire or frost, no matter how hard I try.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •