Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    You guys should really mention you need to be in pvE gear for this.. Downed Onyxia on 10M. 25M is impossible without PvE gear, for me atleast. Cleared Naxx, can't kill OS 10 3D.
    My new main for cata =)

Quote Originally Posted by IMU7899 View Post
    You guys should really mention you need to be in pvE gear for this.. Downed Onyxia on 10M. 25M is impossible without PvE gear, for me atleast. Cleared Naxx, can't kill OS 10 3D.
    Onyxia 25 should be trivially easy in almost any gear at level 90. I have not tried OS 3D but I cannot imagine it being particularily hard considering that you needed something like 5kish DPSers to zerg it back in the day in one bloodlust.

OS 10 +3D is easy as fire. I have been soloing it since i got ilvl 479 until now and its just to nuke down.

i use Ice Barrier and rune power. Just buld a combustion like normal and see sartharion drop dead :P also Time Warp helps alot

Thanks for this thread. Soloed TK last night got ashes!

I dont see how people are saying Onxyia is easy.. 6 times & I couldnt beat her after all the whelps showed up.. once the second wave of them & the ground starts exploding I die
    I am Sofa King
    Wee tod did!

10+ Year Old Account
    Burn her till she goes up. ROF, fire nova LB, impact arcane blat till they are down. Keep both shields up, save Images for the adds if you have to. I use them at the start. Kill general and bring ony down.
    "Let me answer your question with another, How would you feel if you found out you were a potato?"

Nintendo Friend Code 1049-0261-4082 Pokemon Name - Max

Quote Originally Posted by MainOutland View Post
    I simply cant believe a mage using Expertise gems would be anything but lying about a solo lk hc kill...
    I lol'd. But not at him for using expertise gems.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shmeh View Post
    I lol'd. But not at him for using expertise gems.
    Wake up ppl Expertise gives hit 1:1 on casters since MoP so just read it somewhere.

@Lyoo Use Frost spec and Invocation with glyph of evocation to heal yourself. Also in air phase put the elemental on Onyxia he will down her almost by himself to P3 until you are done with whelps and the big add. At least that is what I do every time and it is fine.

for those that struggle in tk at p3, you do know that the staff gives you a 15 mins buff that keeps you from being stunned, silenced and otherwise cc'ed. yes is a dps loss, because in order to keep the buff you need it equiped, but it still is easy.

have the time to run both every day.

I killed 11/12 Bosses in ICC as >>Fire Mage<<

Including LK nhc

I am doing them again atm and recording them as proof with 4 heroics ;-D

Edit:

Video will be available in a few hours ^^

youtube. com/watch?v=N391DpFEm4Y&feature=youtu.be

Edit 2:

About Ony:

Just burn her down...
    No tactics, no CC, just Kill her as fast as possible
    Last edited by Karon; 2012-12-27 at 03:40 AM.

How do you guys kill the trash packs before Alysrazor? They birds bombing me, casters hitting hard and eggs spawning the small adds seem to be a big problem for me. Any tactics on that?

Quote Originally Posted by Alphamage View Post
    How do you guys kill the trash packs before Alysrazor? They birds bombing me, casters hitting hard and eggs spawning the small adds seem to be a big problem for me. Any tactics on that?
    I only did the Trash on 10 Man nhc, but it might work on heroic and 25 man too:

Precast a pyro on the casters and use combustion to stun one of them. Spread the debuffs on both and hope for them to die ASAP

then you run over to one of the eggnests and lead the birds fireballs to them. you can kill the little adds and the nests with the fireballs of those two big birds and after that you let them kill themselves by standing close to one of them.

I hope you understand what I want to say xD

My english sucks. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphamage View Post
    I killed the trash yesterday as frost you and it's not hard once you work it out. You need to use cold snap and glyph of ice block. You just kill the casters first then you ice block on the eggs and let the birds destroy them. Then you just use cold snap and kite until you can ice block on the other eggs. After the eggs and small adds are dead you just kill the birds while moving occasionally to dodge the fireballs.

Remember to take nether tempest for the actual boss as it works the best.

If you plan on doing the boss as frost I can tell you it isn't that easy so if you can go fire I highly recommend that. I can't seem to kill it within 2 flight phases so when I next get some time I'm going to try and get to a 3rd flight phase.
    Last edited by jtmzac; 2012-12-30 at 11:18 AM.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

Deleted
    Anyone soloed Kel'Thuzad 25m as L90 mage?

so far i was able to solo

(70) Kara, Hyjal
    (80) Onyxia10, Malygos10, Vaults10 (all 4 bosses, the final boss being the hardest )
    (80) Naxx10 3 wings + KT ( couldnt solo boss with mind control adds, he killed me in 2-3 hits and runs really fast! one shots images too )

soloed some bosses in ICC too but didnt try every boss. the dragon that has to be healed cannot be solo'd by mage... meaning you cannot get to LK.
    Last edited by Mazaxist; 2013-02-06 at 05:38 PM.

Deleted
    Ulduar hm and ToC hc clear

youtube.com/watch?v=xt4m3mNYnvE
    youtube.com/watch?v=QMAtOKop7Js
    youtube.com/watch?v=7f89YrwsTNw

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazaxist View Post
    so far i was able to solo

(70) Kara, Hyjal
    (80) Onyxia10, Malygos10, Vaults10 (all 4 bosses, the final boss being the hardest )
    (80) Naxx10 3 wings + KT ( couldnt solo boss with mind control adds, he killed me in 2-3 hits and runs really fast! one shots images too )

soloed some bosses in ICC too but didnt try every boss. the dragon that has to be healed cannot be solo'd by mage... meaning you cannot get to LK.
    Besides Valithria in ICC I believe every boss is soloable.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Almost managed to solo SSC but the adds got a little to unmanageable. TK is a breeze now, and Alysrazor is pretty easy once you get past the trash as fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys!

As it will be quite easy to reach 515ish ilvl with the new raid up, what do you think we would be able to solo now? Maybe some 10 man tier 11 raids?
    The change to invocation seems to hurt, 35k healing every three seconds is not that much. Could consider rune of power, or how would you boost self healing?
    However with int thus ice barrier absorb going up we could have some 100k shields I guess?
    I am currently frost specced both pve and pvp as it is lovely for challange modes not to talk about pvp, giving a try for soloing (former blood dk!)

How would you do your soloing? Would you swap to glyphed molten armor instead of frost armor?
    Would you put any defensive stats to your gear or go full int/haste?
    I am so sorry that our elemental has little use as he can not taunt. Is the water elemental glyph of any use for soloing?
    Are there any specifical items you guys would recommend, like some trinkets to summon a guardian or something that taunts?

Cheers
    Apom