Page 1 of 3
LastLast

[Movies] Netflix is awesome!

So netflix just came to denmark, and they give out a free month of netflix, so i accepted the offer, and its awesome!

So far, i've found every single show im watching at the moment (Dexter, How i met your mother, the walking dead and many many more) and in high quality with no problems.

The interface is easy to use and the way series play the next episode after the current is a nice touch. I love netflix already ^_^
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

Needs more recent episodes of stuff and move movies. I didn't catch Moneyball in the theater but it isn't on netflix despite being almost two years old.

10+ Year Old Account
    not available in my country , so it blows^^

I used the spotify signup to get the rest of the year for free but Im still not sure what to think.
    Yeah sure they have a lot of older movies that I never got around to watching , or that would be okay to watch again on a lazy sunday afternoon.
    But the lack of new stuff is distubing.. hopefully they will add more stuff before new years to mae my choice a little easier

true, they dont have the newest newest, but netflix is still awesome with so many choices. Perfect for that lazy sunday as you discribed Armunddiggar
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"

Deleted
    Moved to Cinema/TV Shows/.

Sounds like a pretty cool site, the people I know who have it coo over it all the time. xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Catanowplx View Post
    So netflix just came to denmark, and they give out a free month of netflix, so i accepted the offer, and its awesome!

So far, i've found every single show im watching at the moment (Dexter, How i met your mother, the walking dead and many many more) and in high quality with no problems.

The interface is easy to use and the way series play the next episode after the current is a nice touch. I love netflix already ^_^
    I'm glad to hear they're getting to more countries. Netflix and similar services are really the best way to watch TV and movies and are in my opinion the best way to combat piracy.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Denmark confirmed for third world

Seriously though, I love it. Despite the ridiculous amount of bandwidth is uses up, I still use it when I'm in my living room. I've been using my friend's account for over a year and I couldn't be happier with the service.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why wasn't it Denmark before? I have a hard time believing it was on Netflix's side. I wouldn't be able to go without it.

edit: currently been watching all of the seasons of Lost and star trek:tng
    Last edited by Collegeguy; 2012-10-26 at 10:51 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Why wasn't it Denmark before? I have a hard time believing it was on Netflix's side. I wouldn't be able to go without it.
    Licensing.

Deleted
    I'm pretty dissapointed about the danish selection. Many series only have the half of seasons, hard to find any of the new decent movies, seems like the selection is very narrow for anything post 2010. Guess i will keep staying a pirate untill they get a decent selection like Spotify. For now i will use it untill end december cause its free. But so far i haven't even watched over 2 hours of content due to the lack of quality movies and recent series.

Also the lack of support for the TV app shown by manufacturers makes it even more useless, have hoped that my 2011 samsung and 2012 panasonic would have the netflix app, but won't be released in denmark sadly. I never really watch movies on my PC or smartphone.
    Last edited by mmocf0ad466cc1; 2012-10-26 at 10:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Labze View Post
    I'm pretty dissapointed about the danish selection. Many series only have the half of seasons, hard to find any of the new decent movies, seems like the selection is very narrow for anything post 2010. Guess i will keep staying a pirate untill they get a decent selection like Spotify. For now i will use it untill end december cause its free. But so far i haven't even watched over 2 hours of content due to the lack of quality movies and recent series.

Also the lack of support for the TV app shown by manufacturers makes it even more useless, have hoped that my 2011 samsung and 2012 panasonic would have the netflix app, but won't be released in denmark sadly. I never really watch movies on my PC or smartphone.
    It's pretty much the same for Netflix anywhere outside of the US and Canada, here in the UK I would say we have the next best selection to those two but it is still a lot less selection. If anyone is interested you can use a service such as Unblock-us, which is a paid service to change your DNS address to gain access to the US library on Netflix, it costs $4.99 a month which is 28.7713 Danish kroner according to google.

i like the feature where it know when you stopped watching and picks movies/series up again at that point.

10+ Year Old Account
    It also just came to Finland, and I signed up for it as well. It's pretty awesome but it could use some newer stuff. Bandwidth is no issue for me as I don't have a limit on my internet transfer.

Deleted
    Netflix is awesome, a very very good service. I fail to understand the whine about not having new stuff on there. Its a £5.99 a month service. For that you get masses of TV and loads of good movies and some obscure ones. Want new stuff? Pay the exorbitant price of a cinema ticket.

Deleted

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Aceda View Post
    Denmark confirmed for third world

Seriously though, I love it. Despite the ridiculous amount of bandwidth is uses up, I still use it when I'm in my living room. I've been using my friend's account for over a year and I couldn't be happier with the service.
    No we are not (Not sure if serious or joking in context with finally getting netflix *Insert fry meme here*). Contrary to popular beliefs, Denmark is in the top 10 list of first world contries
    www (dot) nationsonline (dot) org/oneworld/first_world (dot) htm

I dont know why so many people (especially from the US) seem to hate denmark so much, i did a google search on "Is Denmark a third would country" and found blogs that contain so much hate towards denmark claiming things that are not true with no valid source of information. So no Denmark is not a confirmed third would contry and yes finally getting netflix is awesome, i used a vpn to be able to watch the US netflix.
    Last edited by mmoc72fc611357; 2012-10-26 at 10:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am sure that he was joking.

Netflix is ok. Certainly worth the few dollars a month.

It's more for catching up with old shows and episodes you never got around to seeing and reliving 80s cartoons, you're not going to see current episodes of shows on there. They'll always be at least 1 season behind. Their selection of streaming movies is spotty at best, too. You'll probably have some frustration on trying to find things once you get over the initial "this is great!" phase.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RepDK View Post
    No we are not (Not sure if serious or joking in context with finally getting netflix *Insert fry meme here*). Contrary to popular beliefs, Denmark is in the top 10 list of first world contries
    www (dot) nationsonline (dot) org/oneworld/first_world (dot) htm

I dont know why so many people (especially from the US) seem to hate denmark so much, i did a google search on "Is Denmark a third would country" and found blogs that contain so much hate towards denmark claiming things that are not true with no valid source of information. So no Denmark is not a confirmed third would contry and yes finally getting netflix is awesome, i used a vpn to be able to watch the US netflix.
    Because you are the canada of europe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    I am sure that he was joking.
    Yeah but there does exist people that truly hate denmark for reasons that seem to be made up and that just makes me angry. sorry for Off-topic