Macro tooltip problem

Below is a macro which works perfectly except that it shows tooltip of ONLY the first string spell (namely "disarm"). When i summon observer or shivarra i cannot see the relevant spell tooltips but an inactive "disarm" tooltip.

#showtooltip
    /cast [pet:voidlord,mod:shift,@focus]disarm;disarm
    /cast [pet:observer,mod:shift,@focus]optical blast;optical blast
    /cast [pet:shivarra,mod:shift,@focus]mesmerize;mesmerize

Is there a way to be able to see tooltips of the other string spells as i switch pets? Is this a macro tooltip bug?

If you don't specify a tooltip (leaving it as "#showtooltip") it will just pick the first spell.

So what do you suggest to see and track tooltips? I keep using those multi-functional macros since i have almost no free macro slot.

Code:
    #showtooltip [pet:voidlord] Disarm; [pet:observer] Optical Blast; [pet:shivarra] Mesmerize
    /cast [pet:voidlord,mod,@focus] [pet:voidlord] Disarm; [pet:observer,mod,@focus] [pet:observer] Optical Blast; [pet:shivarra,mod,@focus] [pet:shivarra] Mesmerize
    If these don't activate the GCD and you don't mind error text, you can also do this:
    Code:
    #showtooltip [pet:voidlord] Disarm; [pet:observer] Optical Blast; [pet:shivarra] Mesmerize
    /cast [mod,@focus] [] Disarm
    /cast [mod,@focus] [] Optical Blast
    /cast [mod,@focus] [] Mesmerize
    Let me know if something doesn't work as expected.

I've just tried both codes and done, even did not mention any errors. Thank you very much )

Now may i ask a few questions?

1. What does the empty "[]" stands for?

2. Is there a site that explains the new macro syntax? Bec. I am unfamiliar with the new modifiers commands, brackets, etc. I have searched for this macro in many famous macro sites and forums but did not get an answer.

By the way i realized that i can shorten the pet and spell names in the macro. For ex. instead of Voidwalker- Voidlord we can use "void", instead of "observer" we can use "obser" etc.

Quote Originally Posted by taoprs View Post
    I've just tried both codes and done, even did not mention any errors. Thank you very much )

Now may i ask a few questions?

1. What does the empty "[]" stands for?

2. Is there a site that explains the new macro syntax? Bec. I am unfamiliar with the new modifiers commands, brackets, etc. I have searched for this macro in many famous macro sites and forums but did not get an answer.

By the way i realized that i can shorten the pet and spell names in the macro. For ex. instead of Voidwalker- Voidlord we can use "void", instead of "observer" we can use "obser" etc.
    1. Empty brackets is just an empty conditional. These are the same:
    Code:
    /cast [mod,@focus] Disarm; Disarm
    To put it into English: IF mod AND at focus, cast Disarm; else cast Disarm.
    Code:
    /cast [mod,@focus] [] Disarm
    English: IF mod AND at focus, cast Disarm OR cast Disarm.

EDIT: or, more simply, these are the same:
    Code:
    /cast Disarm
    Code:
    /cast [] Disarm

2. There might be one out there. I've just learned by looking at what others are doing. I also have a coding background so macros are pretty easy mode. In fact, I didn't know about the pet conditional until I saw the macro you posted. I just applied that new information to produce a macro that accomplishes what you need.
    Last edited by Squirl; 2012-10-26 at 07:33 PM.

Thanks for the replies. Code explanations are great.