[ELE] Help/Ideas with H Elegon

Hi Im Ele in a 25 man guild and I cant seem to get the damage that I need on the energy charges in phase 2. Im lookin for any ideas/advice that any of you have.

you will need to provide some sort of logs for us, or some more information on what you're doing right now before any advice can be given.

I dont need help with rotation and all that my damage is high overall I was just wondering what other people are doing to moximize their damage on the energy charges.

Deleted
    During that phase I tend to keep FS up on Elegon all the time. Spamming LB only on Elegon while waiting for the spark to spawn, when it spawns i have 7 stacks of lightning shield, most of the time a lava surge proc + EB. Casting FS, instant LvB, 7 stacks fulimination and then a EB, usally I get another LvB since I have 2 FS up at the same time. This with a combination of other classes is enough to down the spark really fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guild sits me for H Ele cuz of our totems, so no can help :P

OT But can say what Fiftykent said is pretty much what you should be doing.

I ended up just making sure I have FS up on the boss at ALL times. I spam CL since I use the unleashed lightning glyph and I may need to stop my cast without using a macro. Then as the boss starts draw power I hit him with an ele blast and then FS the Energy Charge and go to town like normal. Im not saying this is the best way to do it but I nearly doubled my damage output on the Energy Charges.

And I have no idea why a guild would be sitting you on H Elegon Im spiking over 400k burst in the beginning and sustaining over 110k the entire fight due to being at range and only having to jump to reset stacks. Im also a little confused on what you mean by cuz of our totems.

Quote Originally Posted by Superpudd View Post
    I ended up just making sure I have FS up on the boss at ALL times. I spam CL since I use the unleashed lightning glyph and I may need to stop my cast without using a macro. Then as the boss starts draw power I hit him with an ele blast and then FS the Energy Charge and go to town like normal. Im not saying this is the best way to do it but I nearly doubled my damage output on the Energy Charges.

And I have no idea why a guild would be sitting you on H Elegon Im spiking over 400k burst in the beginning and sustaining over 110k the entire fight due to being at range and only having to jump to reset stacks. Im also a little confused on what you mean by cuz of our totems.
    Searing totem does not work, there are targeting bugs on Heroic which cause it to not do any damage / attack at all. Like others have mentioned, save EB and Fulmination for the orbs / sparks. If your orb / spark is consistantly getting through, have your tanks help you, or get a group swap, to a group where their damage can carry yours.

Why would you use Glyph of Unleashed Lightning? You should be sitting on the edge of the dome, and simply jumping to reset your stacks, this is applicable for every phase except the Empyreal Focus phase, however there is very little movement, and if you have to move, you can just use spiritwalkers grace, just doesn't seem like GoUL is worth it, for such little movement on a fight.
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

10+ Year Old Account
    someone good at crunching numbers could prob get a definitive answer on the unleashed vs non. like how many gcd's lost per min would be >= Lb's cast per min dmg glyphed. I would assume at lower gear lvls 1 gcd per 20 secs (and this is only boss phase) would be slightly better than losing 5% on lb. At higher gear lvls where you would have more haste and mastery I could see it flopping.

Fun fact: On the first 2 or 3 waves, the sparks are slow enough that if you open with CL, it will bounce.

Useful fact: Elemental Blast benefits from UE, so you can use that on Elegon, and then open on your spark with EB + FS. Courtesy of whoever mentioned this in an earlier Elegon thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Defines View Post
    Searing totem does not work, there are targeting bugs on Heroic which cause it to not do any damage / attack at all. Like others have mentioned, save EB and Fulmination for the orbs / sparks. If your orb / spark is consistantly getting through, have your tanks help you, or get a group swap, to a group where their damage can carry yours.

Why would you use Glyph of Unleashed Lightning? You should be sitting on the edge of the dome, and simply jumping to reset your stacks, this is applicable for every phase except the Empyreal Focus phase, however there is very little movement, and if you have to move, you can just use spiritwalkers grace, just doesn't seem like GoUL is worth it, for such little movement on a fight.
    I use the glyph because its only a .1 second difference and in all my sims/target dummy tests it just didnt affect my dps. And Im just too used to having it Ive tried to play without it and it hurts my play a lot more than that .1 second helps it. Not to mention what other glyph would I take in its place we have very few useful glyphs for our major slots. I knew about the Searing nonsense but he said totem(s) so I didnt know what else he meant. I also knew about the CL jumping but thats a wasted cast that I could be using tossing a LvB and potentially Lava Surge procs to get the spark down and get more damage on the boss. We run our setup so that each group of 3 kills their own orb and gets back on the boss and we finally figured out just who we need where and got that to start working. The shitty part is it started going well with only 30 min left in our raid week so we finished up the last two on normal and I ended up around 141k. It could have been better and next time it will. Thank you all for your input I always enjoy hearing what other players come up with when it comes to creative ways of taking down a H boss.