soloing older* content

Hey guys! i was a little curious what ppl have managed to solo as hardest so far into MoP in old content,

what specc were you, any tips, and how long did it take ?

---------- Post added 2012-10-27 at 03:00 AM ----------

guess we can't solo then..

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    We're great at soloing, both as enh and elem (enh is the 'traditional' soloing sham spec; elem wasn't bad before and got better with MoP). I haven't broken free of the MoP dailies yet, so I haven't gone back and tried to solo Cata content. I did burn down a few Wrath raids last week.

As a fun thing I went and soloed 10 mann reg marrowgar and deathwhisper last week a few hours before raid instance reset. Couldn't go further because of gunships mechanics and no friends online at the time to help me blow through that one fight.

I can see enh shammies being able to do almost all of ICC 10 man solo. Putricide would't be possible I dont think, same with possibly dreamwalker, though you could just swap to ele for that one. Princes wouldn't be possible I don't think, or if it was, would be very hard to pull off. Everything else should be possible with enough DPS and correct DPS CD use.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't solo but last week me and 2 other people did what we call Sartharion 9000, leave everything up and burn Sartharion down.

Also did EoE and we killed Malygos in Phase 1.

Did Ony 25, with same 2 ppl, and got all the 25 man chieves.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Did Marrowgar as elemental, and almost L. Deathwhisper, but couldn't do it as elemental, simply just too much shit going on hah.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Did Marrowgar as elemental, and almost L. Deathwhisper, but couldn't do it as elemental, simply just too much shit going on hah.
    I tried it as ele too earlier and yes it was tougher but if you get teh shield to around 5% and wait for adds, run them to near the stairs and CL them down (shear one if it doesnt want to come, nuke any stragglers) then go back on the boss. It can be worth saving your earth ele for that last add part to assist with tanking/herding.

It is tricky but can be done. For what it's worth my ele gear is 461 ilvl, my enh is 474 (roughly 463 when I did it last week). Hope that helps.

I can solo almost all of TBC content, still trying to figure a method for ROS in BT though

Maly and Ony are both quick and easy as ele - been farming both for the mounts. If you get a p3 in Maly; it won't be a long one, but stack the heal to 5 while you wait for him to become attackable then it is 1,1,2,3. That will keep your heal up and keep dmg steady on boss - but takes nowhere near as long now as it did for my priest in cata

Are there any bosses you're wondering about in particular? Like for transmog or mounts?

Deleted
    Where do we stand in ulduar? I love the hunter t8 ad want to be rolling in that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayko View Post
    I can solo almost all of TBC content, still trying to figure a method for ROS in BT though
    Pop cooldowns along with ancestral guidance (so you dont kill yourself), pop your wolves and fire elemental and watch your pets kill it. You can interrupt every once in a while but it's mostly the pets that dps in phase 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Gromthak View Post
    Pop cooldowns along with ancestral guidance (so you dont kill yourself), pop your wolves and fire elemental and watch your pets kill it. You can interrupt every once in a while but it's mostly the pets that dps in phase 2.
    Won't she just Spirit Shock everything w/o interrupts? I got her to about 3/4 health and was spirit shocked/cc'd to death. After a few Spirit Shocks she spams it faster and faster lol. Pets only last a couple of minutes, so I'm not sure if they alone will kill her.

Deleted
    Where do we stand in ulduar? I love the hunter t8 ad want to be rolling in that.
    There's a thread on this already, although it's not that active atm.