Deleted

enchanter/jc, should i even bother with spirits of harmony?

as far as i know, enchanting only needs spirits for mats, and it's dirt cheap to buy those of the AH on most servers.
    jewelcrafters only use those for untimered discoveries, and that's so random it's unreliable, and you need 3 spirits for 1 discovery, which is 9 lotuses, which is easily over 1.5K on most servers. you could also use them for ore to prospect, but again, it's cheaper to buy the ore and turn the spirits into lotuses.

so, should I even bother with farming spirits of harmony, either through tillers or mob grinding?

If you want to sure.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

You've clearly understood what use they are to you, which means you know their value.

If you know their value, you can weigh it against the effort of farming them.

So I'm not understanding your question. Who are we to tell you how much your time is worth?

10+ Year Old Account
    I have an enchanter/jc, and I don't really bother with farming. I get quite a few of them though without going out of my way to farm them, and I just sell golden lotus with them (150g on my server). Rare gems are about 100g, so it's cheaper to use the profit from golden lotus to buy rare gems for research, instead of using spirits to research (need 3 spirits/9 lotus, vs 3 rare gems).

I do however plant them on my farm though - I have all Ways maxed out. If you are willing to spend time researching, you may gain more by planting expensive vegetables on your farm, instead of motes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really "grind" spirits and i get at least 15 a week. I usually sell golden lotus.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowt View Post
    You've clearly understood what use they are to you, which means you know their value.

If you know their value, you can weigh it against the effort of farming them.

So I'm not understanding your question. Who are we to tell you how much your time is worth?
    I think OP is merely looking for confirmation to what I believe s/he already knows.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Corylyn View Post
    I think OP is merely looking for confirmation to what I believe s/he already knows.
    yeah, more or less. i was already kinda of the conviction that farming motes on that charater isn't really a good use of my time, but maybe there was some other factor that I missed, like some recipe for either one that can only be gotten via spirits or requires them to craft them, but the only one, i think, is the JC mount.

Deleted
    Just tiller farm them . The lotus are for flasks for raids or sell them.

For the record, I believe they are planning on making them account bound at some point...I don't think it's confirmed nor do I know when they would implement that feature if they are, but I guess keep that in the back of your mind. To the best of my knowledge it's not yet confirmed so don't hold me to it but I know they are considering doing that. Of course, buying the Golden Lotuses are probably your best purchase with those atm.

jc only "usefull" i can do it a pet and that sells pretty bad ^^
    don't know about enchater
    engineer also sucks, another pet that is useless and other "crap"

most of the time i end up buying lotus for flasks for my twink (since i can't get some of the guild bank xD)

Quote Originally Posted by darkminaz View Post
    jc only "usefull" i can do it a pet and that sells pretty bad ^^
    don't know about enchater
    engineer also sucks, another pet that is useless and other "crap"

most of the time i end up buying lotus for flasks for my twink (since i can't get some of the guild bank xD)
    quite a few cool uses for spirits as an eng
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

I actually need more SoPs on my engineer. Been selling the guns, scopes and pets. I have to watch prices and make sure I'm not losing money compared to just straight buying golden lotus, but its been steady income.

I have both jc and enchanting, I usually dump all spirits i get into golden lotus for flask. Not sure, might consider rerolling jc into another profession if i get an alt with jc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, do you have need of anything the SoH vendor sells? If not, then I wouldn't bother. I don't bother using them in research.

---------- Post added 2012-10-29 at 10:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    yeah, more or less. i was already kinda of the conviction that farming motes on that charater isn't really a good use of my time, but maybe there was some other factor that I missed, like some recipe for either one that can only be gotten via spirits or requires them to craft them, but the only one, i think, is the JC mount.
    None of the mounts require SoH to craft.
    Putin khuliyo

Yeah I just sell all the Spirits I get. With JC I just did the individual Gem recipe that discovers new recipes.