Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Lack of UD hunter's performing @ top level's in PVE?

    Finding it hard to find any Undead hunter's in gold challenge mode run's or any top horde hunter's being undead.
    Any logic behind this?

  2. #2
    Field Marshal TheScorched's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Land Down Under
    Posts
    55
    It's because their pets keep running off with their decomposing legs, so they're never quick enough to reach the end in gold time :P

    Or maybe it just happens that the hunters doing Challenge modes didn't want to roll undead.

  3. #3
    For me, personally, I hate the look of the undead, and thus don't have one.

  4. #4
    I love the forsaken, but I can't play a forsaken hunter because they have ugly bow/gun animations.

  5. #5
    rolling horde hunter main pve from alliance and was wondering if there was any genuine reason for this?

  6. #6
    They pick orc/troll/panda because best dps is orc/panda/troll. The people who clear gold first are also the ones who are very interested in min-maxing their characters. Go figure.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by gulder View Post
    They pick orc/troll/panda because best dps is orc/panda/troll. The people who clear gold first are also the ones who are very interested in min-maxing their characters. Go figure.
    Pretty much this. From personal experience, I feel that people who roll forsaken hunters are more likely to be interested in the race/aesthetics or PVP (anti fear/charm). I play a forsaken hunter myself ad enjoy the feel of it. I have not heard much about player opinion about the touch of the grave racial. I like it though, especially for questing in situations where there are alot of mob packs that can get your health low.Incidentally, it seems that aesthetics may well play a major factor for players who roll blood elf, panda or troll hunters (seen alot of troll/belf hunters quote the awesome look of their race).

    If anyone has info about a ranked undead hunter, i'd like to see it, and I am curious to know about the theoretical dps difference between the top three (orc troll/panda) and forsaken. I suspect is is not game breaking, though.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by ttak82 View Post
    Pretty much this. From personal experience, I feel that people who roll forsaken hunters are more likely to be interested in the race/aesthetics or PVP (anti fear/charm). I play a forsaken hunter myself ad enjoy the feel of it. I have not heard much about player opinion about the touch of the grave racial. I like it though, especially for questing in situations where there are alot of mob packs that can get your health low.Incidentally, it seems that aesthetics may well play a major factor for players who roll blood elf, panda or troll hunters (seen alot of troll/belf hunters quote the awesome look of their race).

    If anyone has info about a ranked undead hunter, i'd like to see it, and I am curious to know about the theoretical dps difference between the top three (orc troll/panda) and forsaken. I suspect is is not game breaking, though.
    It's not game-breaking for 99.99% of players. You can play any class/race combo you like best as long as you're not going for top 10 world kills.

  9. #9
    Because horde has the best hunter races in WoW to pick from. Troll/orc/panda are the best choices for min/max dps.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by ttak82 View Post
    If anyone has info about a ranked undead hunter, i'd like to see it, and I am curious to know about the theoretical dps difference between the top three (orc troll/panda) and forsaken. I suspect is is not game breaking, though.
    It's really not that big a deal. Well, individually. The small things add up. A skilled forsaken hunter in similar gear to a not so skilled orc hunter will be waay ahead. But if the orc hunter took the race for the dps, he's probably also done other stuff to maximize his dps and is pretty skilled. It's correlative rather than causative.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by gulder View Post
    It's really not that big a deal. Well, individually. The small things add up. A skilled forsaken hunter in similar gear to a not so skilled orc hunter will be waay ahead. But if the orc hunter took the race for the dps, he's probably also done other stuff to maximize his dps and is pretty skilled. It's correlative rather than causative.
    but an undead hunter with equal gear/skill will always be behind an equal geared/skill orc/panda/troll hunter.

    For 99% of the population race doesn't matter for the rest it matters.

  12. #12
    The Lightbringer Tehterokkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,886
    I was going to be Troll, but then I saw Beta footage and MM wasn't doing so well and they hadn't change any mechanics, so I went Orc... Which is the best for SV/BM... Nobody plays MM, same old clunky PoS

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    but an undead hunter with equal gear/skill will always be behind an equal geared/skill orc/panda/troll hunter.

    For 99% of the population race doesn't matter for the rest it matters.
    if they are equal skilled

    the difference will be between who min/max most and orc/panda/troll > undead so.. your argument is invalid
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by EqualWin View Post
    if they are equal skilled

    the difference will be between who min/max most and orc/panda/troll > undead so.. your argument is invalid
    you missed the GEAR part of my post??? are o you not understand the FACT that if you have 2 of the same hunter just one undead and the other orc panda or troll that the undead will be behind the others???

  15. #15
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Brawl Pub
    Posts
    4,218
    Braindeadly is playing undead in arenas, but PvE? 1) There's 2 clear winners ahead of undead if you were some race and wanted to race change, and 2) undead hunters had no PvE benefits until about a month ago, so the population of naturally occuring PvE undead hunters was already on the endangered species list, so to speak.

  16. #16
    The Lightbringer Joyful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sweee?
    Posts
    3,215
    It's quite simple, because UD's shooting animation looks rubish.

    Playing x or y race over another wont do any OMFGÜBERMEGA dps difference, it will be SMALL difference, and most people (Yes, even in the top guilds) go for esthetics over a extremely small dps increase.

  17. #17
    Undead sims highest in survival for me with 496 and playing with it on FD. Obviously because mastery scales with it. I feel like many are foreign to the idea of Undead hunters because they had no DPS talent until now. It's really nice to have the extra heal on fights like garajal and elegon when you have a dps boost too as the heal scales with the damage.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    Undead sims highest in survival for me with 496 and playing with it on FD. Obviously because mastery scales with it. I feel like many are foreign to the idea of Undead hunters because they had no DPS talent until now. It's really nice to have the extra heal on fights like garajal and elegon when you have a dps boost too as the heal scales with the damage.
    Wait, what? When did Undead get a PVE ability? Where was the memo on this? I played an Undead hunter up to 75 in PvP and LOVED it, but when my guild reformed and sent me a scroll of ressurection, I made an Orc hunter because I just assumed that Undead was worthless for raiding. Now I feel sad, because I loved being undead!

  19. #19
    The Lightbringer Joyful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sweee?
    Posts
    3,215
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruzhyo View Post
    Wait, what? When did Undead get a PVE ability? Where was the memo on this? I played an Undead hunter up to 75 in PvP and LOVED it, but when my guild reformed and sent me a scroll of ressurection, I made an Orc hunter because I just assumed that Undead was worthless for raiding. Now I feel sad, because I loved being undead!
    They got it in MoP.

  20. #20
    Epic! Anium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    Posts
    1,701
    Basically, UD provide nothing to dps as a hunter, where as orc troll and panda do. Also UD are fail.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •