Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What you would like to see on rogue!~{Idea}~{PvP}

So im playing my rogue and I really feel they need new stealth opener or just new stealth spells because lets face it, they're outdated.

I want to hears people idea!!
    My bad for my English.

Here mine:
    (Rogues NEEDS more mobility)

30seconds cooldowns
    Shadow kick
    Requires Stealth
    30yd range
    The rogue dashes to the target prevents any spell in that school from being cast for 2 sec. Generate 1 Combo point
    Doesn't break stealth. (with a kickass kick animation)
    (Like akali from LoL)

We just can't play without shadow step we need one similar baseline we're ROGUE.

Assasinate:

New passive: Rogue can now use 6 combo points per ability
    (New tooltips for everything with new damages /stun etc..)

Subtlety:

New passive: when the rogue is in stealth feint is always activate until the stealth break.(usable with the glyph)(work with shadow dance ofc)

Combat:

Just remove the stealth mechanism from combat and add more cool stuff ninja style ability more unique style of play and not about all the same damn spells.

You dont have to like them, just share idea

Deleted
    I would like to change things around a little. I don't mind combo points being the "ramp up" mechanic we mainly rely on, but going from 0-5 combo points can take an extremely long time, and the interval between finishers also feels too long at times. Especially now that finishers are more important than ever, NOT getting to use them becomes all the more punishing on your dps.

- I'd make 3 combo points the maximum amount of combo points needed for a finisher
    - Combo points can still exceed the 3 combo point limit, to a maximum of 5 (There's a reason "3+a few" is being used by Pallies and Monks, because it works WELL)
    - I'd normalize energy regeneration; we shouldn't need tons of haste for our rotations to become fluid again
    - Combos should be fast, fluid, and require player responsiveness - waiting around for the Envenom buff to drop before using Envenom again is boring...
    - I'd make a fucking cleaving poison for Assassination, fuck da police!

And let's not forget; the combo points stack on the ROGUE.

15+ Year Old Account
    Killing Spree -Reworked-

Functions as a Single-target nuke if Blade Flurry is off.
    Functions as a Muti-target nuke if Blade Flurry is on.
    While on Single-target mode, you'll step through the shadows if your current target is more than 5 yards away.
    While on Multi-target mode, it'll first attack your current target and then dance through the others. If there's no target selected, it'll choose the target nearest to you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linneth View Post
    Killing Spree -Reworked-

While on Single-target mode, you'll step through the shadows if your current target is more than 5 yards away.
    While on Multi-target mode, it'll first attack your current target and then dance through the others. If there's no target selected, it'll choose the target nearest to you.
    this

killing spree single target would make it 3on3 viable

Killing Spree -Reworked-

OMG YES!! Brilliant idea. Ghostcrawler needs to look at this. This is the main problem with combat in pvp right now. It isnt viable because the #1 burst damage move gets split between all nearby targets.

Quote Originally Posted by gaz770 View Post
    So im playing my rogue and I really feel they need new stealth opener or just new stealth spells because lets face it, they're outdated.

I want to hears people idea!!
    My bad for my English.

Here mine:
    (Rogues NEEDS more mobility)

30seconds cooldowns
    Shadow kick
    Requires Stealth
    30yd range
    The rogue dashes to the target prevents any spell in that school from being cast for 2 sec. Generate 1 Combo point
    Doesn't break stealth. (with a kickass kick animation)
    (Like akali from LoL)

We just can't play without shadow step we need one similar baseline we're ROGUE.

Assasinate:

New passive: Rogue can now use 6 combo points per ability
    (New tooltips for everything with new damages /stun etc..)

Subtlety:

New passive: when the rogue is in stealth feint is always activate until the stealth break.(usable with the glyph)(work with shadow dance ofc)

Combat:

Just remove the stealth mechanism from combat and add more cool stuff ninja style ability more unique style of play and not about all the same damn spells.

The shadow kick is an amazing idea! The CD prevents the spell interrupt and CP builder from being abused, and it acts more like a gap closer than anything and it doesn't increase dps in any way. Great idea!

Deleted
    -20 second cooldown on Shadowstep.
    -Deadly Brew talent back, hardly care what it's being replaced with.
    -Cataclysm version of Revealing Strike back, with the Sinister Strike glyph baked into Sinister Strike (because you know, that makes more sense than the clunky mechanic we have now).

Quote Originally Posted by Incineration View Post
    - I'd make a fucking cleaving poison for Assassination, fuck da police!
    And of course that.

A spec based round pure nature damage and poisons.

A standard shadows/stealth/dagger spec - an assassination/sub merger.

A Ranged spec, yeah, controversial, but I think a crossbow/bow based stealth spec would be nice, if done properly.

I'd get rid of this stupid utility position they're in right now, and make them more glass cannon.

Haste doesn't effect energy regen - it's a set speed.

Swirly Ball.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Killing Spree -Reworked-

Yes of course it should be modal with blade flurry.

Seriously, headdesk, how could we have not seen how elegant this is? Your solution is one that we should all have offered during the first cata tier when blade flurry became stancelike.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have got to give you, shadow kick is a nice idea. However it's impractical and dodgy.

Bisides that, I do not really think we need more mobility.

So, as we're the Ninjas of WoW...

Scorpion's Kunai!!!

"GET OVER HEEEERREEEE"

We also need that move from the goblin in deadmines where he jumps on to your shoulders and keeps stabbing you in the head.
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2012-11-04 at 02:24 AM.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to be more like a Ninja...

1)I want to be able to 1 shot ( Yes...I am Serious), the 1 shooting based off of CD, and poisons applied while in stealth

2)I want to be able to poison targets in stealth

3) I want to use stealth mechanics more, and a stealth rework would be nice, they made us faster in stealth whoopie god damn doo!and The first three auto attacks out of stealth stun/slow (Take your pick, I'd say slow)

Slow: 4 seconds slow (weapon attacks/casting/ and movement speed)

Stun: 2.5 second stun

4) Recuperate is worked into Evasion and Stealth/Vanish...While using Evasion it works as a HoT for the duration of Evasion, while in stealth/Vanish it is a passive heal

5) A poison that causes fear, making the target hallucinate...seeing multiple copies of you, each copy starts at a different distance, and one starts right next to the target the fear is 2 seconds each time a target is reached by a copy

6) A stun, that involves me choking the target/ or rather trying to break the neck of an enemy...I don't know how it would work, but it would be neat! Like if the enemy can somehow break out of the stun (A trinket probably) and if they do you take more damage, and attack slower...I feel like it should be CD based, or poisons that weaken the target

Number 6 will probably never happen

---------- Post added 2012-11-04 at 12:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by gaz770 View Post
    Combat:

Yes 1000 times YES!
    Shall I be dramatic and say "You haven't heard the last of me,"?

LIFE

(L)ive, (I)nfluence, (F)ight, (E)njoy

Things I'd like to see for pvp

Vanish 2min cd
    Cloak 1min cd
    Evasion 2min cd lasts 8sec 100% dodge shares a cd with combat readiness
    dismantle no cost
    kick no cost
    Dirty tricks made baseline (the fact that its a talent and not baseline is just a slap in the face.)

Shadow step baseline 20sec cd
    prep gone
    The two talents replaced by one lowers the cd on shadow step to 14secs the other lets it be used twice

All this would just put us in line with the other classes for mop.

Remove Preparation; replace with something like Death's Advance
    Reduce CD of Vanish to 1m
    Reduce CD of Sprint to 45s
    Reduce CD of Blind to 1:30
    Reduce CD of Shadow Dance to 45s
    Adjust talent tiers. Currently Rogue talents are uninteresting as hell, and Rogue as a class are completely ruined to long-time players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minky View Post
    Remove Preparation; replace with something like Death's Advance
    Reduce CD of Vanish to 1m
    Reduce CD of Sprint to 45s
    Reduce CD of Blind to 1:30
    Reduce CD of Shadow Dance to 45s
    Adjust talent tiers. Currently Rogue talents are uninteresting as hell, and Rogue as a class are completely ruined to long-time players.
    1min vanish and 45 second dance are just too powerful really

Deleted
    Assassination:

Take the GCD off of Vendetta and Smoke Bomb.

I'm fed up with having to spend my globals doing something over than damage! Take these 2 off of the CD so Assassination is more potent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutix View Post
    Assassination:

Take the GCD off of Vendetta and Smoke Bomb.

I'm fed up with having to spend my globals doing something over than damage! Take these 2 off of the CD so Assassination is more potent.
    Smokebomb should stay on the GCD even if it's just for the sake of PvP. The significance of the ability in PvE is so low it doesn't justify having it taken off the GCD and thereby required to be nerfed in duration or else.

As of Vendetta.. i have no idea why that is on the GCD in the first place.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    Smokebomb should stay on the GCD even if it's just for the sake of PvP. The significance of the ability in PvE is so low it doesn't justify having it taken off the GCD and thereby required to be nerfed in duration or else.

As of Vendetta.. i have no idea why that is on the GCD in the first place.
    I don't care for Smoke Bomb in PvE, I don't use it enough to bother me BUT rogues are in a sour place in PvP atm, the Smoke Bomb change could make them more viable in comps which involve situational burst, rogues aren't the damage dealers I agree, they setup the kills - this would be an added and much required buff to help us fulfil our role would it not?

Why shouldnt Smoke Bomb be taken off the GCD?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because that would be OP and not solve anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutix View Post
    Why shouldnt Smoke Bomb be taken off the GCD?
    My guess is that it gives opponents absolutely no chance to react to it fast enough if it was taken off. Being able to drop a Smoke Bomb and use a full kidney shot instantly completely ensures your victim is stuck in the bomb. Right now they still have a chance to react, although I admit not much and they still get stunned in the bomb 99% of the time.

If it's not for that I'm not really sure what it is. Vendetta taken off the global cooldown should have happened years ago if you ask me.