Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Nerfed Salty Title, about time?

Now, Im not one to care alot about nerf's in MMO's, they come as they go, but this one stuck out.

I have always hated fishing, but as a bigger achivement hunter I tried alot to finish them up also.

But I never managed to win the fishing tourment (Trough I also didnt try hard).

What are you're guys toughs on Fishing tourment now being easiere? Im kinda sad by it, just another sign of Blizzard rewarding even thoes who comes 2nd and 3rd place. I didnt go for fishing achivement that much over the year's, cause I knew I didnt have the dedication for it, fuss I didnt feel like I should bother.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    Now, Im not one to care alot about nerf's in MMO's, they come as they go, but this one stuck out.

I have always hated fishing, but as a bigger achivement hunter I tried alot to finish them up also.

But I never managed to win the fishing tourment (Trough I also didnt try hard).

What are you're guys toughs on Fishing tourment now being easiere? Im kinda sad by it, just another sign of Blizzard rewarding even thoes who comes 2nd and 3rd place. I didnt go for fishing achivement that much over the year's, cause I knew I didnt have the dedication for it, fuss I didnt feel like I should bother.
    As someone who is OCD about their professions on all my toons, I'm glad to see it. I've hated the tournament for years, I will participate now that there's a decent chance to win.

I'm not like, boiling over with rage or anything, but I feel it will take a bit of the accomplishment out of it for people who get it after the nerf. Took me a few months and some good luck to finally win it a few years ago. It was quite a tense moment and felt pretty good to finally get those fish tuned in first!

Deleted
    Well I got my salty back in WotLK, so personally I wouldn't want it nerfed, but honestly, I frankly don't give a shit.

Deleted
    Because of this nerf I guess a gazillion more people will try to win, making the achievement actually harder to get than it was before. At least at first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like the derby in Northrend doesn't count for the achievement anymore, so now you only have one day per week to try and get it. Along with the probability of more people trying to get it, it could very well become harder to get now!
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Quote Originally Posted by Saltypoison View Post
    I'm not like, boiling over with rage or anything, but I feel it will take a bit of the accomplishment out of it for people who get it after the nerf. Took me a few months and some good luck to finally win it a few years ago. It was quite a tense moment and felt pretty good to finally get those fish tuned in first!
    Good RNG and being lucky enough that no one else is around fishing your pools isn't much of an accomplishment in the first place is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinoashi View Post
    He doesn't need a source to know that he pretty much hit the nail on the head.
    “What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.” - Christopher Hitchens

I take if you mean 1st, 2nd or 3rd giving the achievement? Should have been that was a long time ago, and I've had mine since Wrath. I think 2 people per week was way too few.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedi View Post
    Because of this nerf I guess a gazillion more people will try to win, making the achievement actually harder to get than it was before. At least at first.
    Well, not on low populated realm's it will matter much for I'm afraid Thoes do make up a large part still (Sadly).

But sure, wait 2 months on high populated realm and you can proboaly faceroll it?

---------- Post added 2012-10-26 at 07:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Darmalus View Post
    I take if you mean 1st, 2nd or 3rd giving the achievement? Should have been that was a long time ago, and I've had mine since Wrath. I think 2 people per week was way too few.
    Yes, the hole problem was 2 per. week I agree. Not only you had to be able to play at thoes hour's, but you only got thoes 2 chances.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crysthalica View Post
    Well I got my salty back in WotLK, so personally I wouldn't want it nerfed, but honestly, I frankly don't give a shit.
    This,
    got mine in Cata. slacked too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    How does this work exactly with cross-realm zones in place now?

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamohn View Post
    How does this work exactly with cross-realm zones in place now?
    People from different realms compete for first place. Instead of turning off CRZ every weekend, Blizzard changed it so the first 3 win.

When I read the title I thought that it was about taking out the rare catch from the meta. That one is by far the "hardest" of the fishing achievements. Anyone knows if you can get [One that didn't get away] from Pandaria waters?

remember in todays mmo scene,everyones a winner
    they slowly keep making everything they can easier and easier, nothing is an acomplishment anymore,barring world first kills and who honestly care about that anymore in such a watered down game.....

WoW 2012 - ..................everyone gets everything....yayayayaaa!!!
    Last edited by Sariengrey; 2012-10-26 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    People from different realms compete for first place. Instead of turning off CRZ every weekend, Blizzard changed it so the first 3 win.

When I read the title I thought that it was about taking out the rare catch from the meta. That one is by far the "hardest" of the fishing achievements. Anyone knows if you can get [One that didn't get away] from Pandaria waters?
    Tempted to agree that its defiantly the hardest.

And nope, as far as I know Herring from WOTLK still seems like the best option for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitepepper View Post
    Good RNG and being lucky enough that no one else is around fishing your pools isn't much of an accomplishment in the first place is it?
    Neither is winning the lottery, but its still damn exciting when you do.

Deleted
    Well I don't really care because I don't play much since 3.3.3 but it does kinda suck. Comes with the whole catering to casual carebears...
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitepepper View Post
    Oh you apparently have no clue what goes into winning it on a heavily populated realm...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sariengrey View Post
    remember in todays mmo scene,everyones a winner
    they slowly keep making everything they can easier and easier, nothing is an acomplishment anymore,barring world first kills and who honestly care about that anymore in such a watered down game.....

WoW 2012 - ..................everyone gets everything....yayayayaaa!!!
    I'm pretty sure this is made to balance the fact that there are more people participating, thanks to CRZ. Also, why do you care so much? That attitude is just lame.

Move to low pop server.
    ???
    Profit.

It was never hard to get.

Got mine years ago, the change doesnt really bother me.

Probably the most nerve wracking achievement I ever got though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Move to low pop server.
    ???
    Profit.

It was never hard to get.
    Cross Realm Zones. Moving to any realm doesn't change a thing