Page 1 of 3
LastLast

DK Healing Nerfed

Death Strike now only heals based on the damage you have sustained from non-player sources.

Am I reading this wrong?; or is this a massive NERF, to us when we are getting blown up and spam DS.

Welcome to the matrix

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Death Strike now only heals based on the damage you have sustained from non-player sources.

Am I reading this wrong?; or is this a massive NERF, to us when we are getting blown up and spam DS.
    It's a nerf for PvP. It shouldn't affect PvE survivability. You should still have SoB charges and the minimum heal?

Quote Originally Posted by pitakos View Post
    40% buff tho?
    40% damage buff. Damage output doesn't increase the healing.

Its a tooltip change......

Pretty much means Blood DKs can only heal a max of 7% hp from Death Strike in PvP. Frost/Unholy can still benefit from the 20% after honor kills if glyph'd for Dark Succor.

Quote Originally Posted by Seref View Post
    Pretty much means Blood DKs can only heal a max of 7% hp from Death Strike in PvP. Frost/Unholy can still benefit from the 20% after honor kills if glyph'd for Dark Succor.
    This, and a damage buff. That's about it.

Sorry shoulda specified, I mean this purely from a PVP stand point. I have heart strike keybounded on all my keys and i roll my face on the keyboard when im tanking pve, i could careless what they do with death strikes, thats what healers are for amirite?

Sorry shoulda specified, I mean this purely from a PVP stand point. I have heart strike keybounded on all my keys and i roll my face on the keyboard when im tanking pve, i could careless what they do with death strikes, thats what healers are for amirite?
    What is this "Heart Strike" you speak of? I have no use for such a skill tanking, pvping, solo'ing, or otherwise. <_<

PS. ^Mild sarcasm. Though I rarely use Heart Strike, except when I know I have a free GCD and I know I'll regen Runes for a DS before the shield runs out/take a big hit. Which is nearly never :P

Deleted
    calm down bro - it still heals minimum 7% of your total health. just the damage negation of past 5 seconds was changed to only work in PvE wchich is quite okay.

it heals 7% ever, and in pve it heals 7% or the damge you took past 5 seconds.

The expression is couldn't care less.

I want Glyph of Death Grip - Death Grip, now pulls you to your target.

I want Glyph of Death Grip - Death Grip, now pulls you to your target.
    Find a Warrior with Spell Reflect up. :3

Good bye my blood DK IN arena's. Im seriously getting fed up with this game though. I only play a mage, DK & now I really dont want to play either one. Any advice? Whats a class that is good but blizzard rarely touches? I mean comon.. fire pvp was fun.. blood pvp is currently fun. Whats going to happen when both class specs get killed in like 5 seconds.. its bullshit really. Just done.

Also for all the people thats going to say "well its not that big of a nerf" well this is only the start.... might as well call DKs a under hero class.. whats the point of a hero class if a hunter kills me in tank spec in 10 seconds. I fear thats what its going to come down to.
    Last edited by IllidariCouncil; 2012-10-26 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IllidariCouncil View Post
    Good bye my blood DK IN arena's. Im seriously getting fed up with this game though. I only play a mage, DK & now I really dont want to play either one. Any advice? Whats a class that is good but blizzard rarely touches? I mean comon.. fire pvp was fun.. blood pvp is currently fun. Whats going to happen when both class specs get killed in like 5 seconds.. its bullshit really. Just done.
    I would say Mages, but they recently got nerfed. I'm sure we'll find out which class GC re-rolled to.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    I would say Mages, but they recently got nerfed. I'm sure we'll find out which class GC re-rolled to.
    Isn't it obvious...
    He plays a BM hunter now... :P

Quote Originally Posted by KeirAdish View Post
    Isn't it obvious...
    He plays a BM hunter now... :P
    This or warrior, hell might as well level a warlock.. atleast they are getting fun stuff. Why be competitive in a game where if your good you should get nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by IllidariCouncil View Post
    This or warrior, hell might as well level a warlock.. atleast they are getting fun stuff. Why be competitive in a game where if your good you should get nerfed.
    Yeah, true...
    I'm still waiting on the stampede pets to be immune to CC such as blind and dk stun, that's how me and my two's partner beat them, we hold off all out CC for the stampede and blow it on the pets then hunter is much easier to kill...

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    This doesn't change a thing. Death Strike never heals for more than 7% of your health in PvP anyway.
    The Blood Rites tooltip change is just the addition to the tooltip of an hidden Blood passive that was active since beta.

tldr; nothing changed, move along
    If you were taking damage, even in PvP, the DS would heal you for more, but it's not much and probably not even worth using the runes on, especially not now.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    If you were taking damage, even in PvP, the DS would heal you for more, but it's not much and probably not even worth using the runes on, especially not now.
    Yeah this, it was based on dmg.. now its a set base. Still going to get healed for less