Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Mogu'shan Vaults incredibly underwhelming? (editted title)

edit: changed the title to for clarity...

I went raid finder for the first time this week on my warrior, and I think I can honestly say that Vaults is the worst raid in wow. I don't mean the fights, or tactics or whatever, but the overall theme and lore aspect.

I mean... who are these clowns and why should I care? Where's the conflict? What am I doing there?

I find it really weird that no one has pointed this out. I mean... I was bashing Dragon Soul for being stupid as hell, but I think this is just so... bland that it's just... I don't know. Even Crusaders' Coliseum was more interesting.
    Last edited by Archaeon; 2012-10-27 at 06:53 AM.

we're in an ancient mogu palace fighting the ancient dead mogu who protected a weapon of incredible importance. We're there for that weapon and so are the trolls.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Just about every aspect of MoP beats Cata's DS. Also, it goes without saying if you paid attention to the dailies, lore and quests leading up to Vaults you'd have a grasp of what you're doing there and why.

If you don't know why you're character is doing what he's doing, read up a bit. It's called lore for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    I went raid finder for the first time this week on my warrior, and I think I can honestly say that Vaults is the worst raid in wow. I don't mean the fights, or tactics or whatever, but the overall theme and lore aspect.

I mean... who are these clowns and why should I care? Where's the conflict? What am I doing there?

I find it really weird that no one has pointed this out. I mean... I was bashing Dragon Soul for being stupid as hell, but I think this is just so... bland that it's just... I don't know. Even Crusaders' Coliseum was more interesting.
    I liked how it was connected to the Titan tech. That stuff's always cool.

And I like the Mogu, though I think guys who only like the RTS lore can easily be turned off by it.

10+ Year Old Account

At times you get threads on mmo-c that makes you scratch your head, but this one.. Well, lets just say the gold medal have been given >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    I had no idea why I was in BoT or BWD and I have very little idea why im in MSV, I just turn up for the raids, the lore sometimes interests me, the LK being one and kara being another but mostly I just wowpedia it or something, not much of a quest text reader.

Not a single raid has been interesting since wotlk ended;p This is old news, sad news, but old ones.

Funnt since, arguably the best raid in the history of the game (Ulduar) had most of its story pulled out of its rectum

Its not even a quest text thing, all the important lore is given to you in semi-cinematic stories and very dynamic quests. People just choose to ignore all that is given to them, come on mmo-c and start to QQ... sigh, posts like these make me sad.

Deleted
    We are on an island that barely no one knew of until the events of MoP, fighting the ancient spirits and constructs of the tyrannical warlord race that enslaved the inhabitants of that island for a long time. Not to mention we are doing it in their secret vaults where no living being has tread since the revolution of the Pandaren against the Mogu. Vaults that store a superweapon and many titan-related secrets.

How is that not cool?

I think it's great so far. People whined about trash, so Blizzard gave us less trash, the fights themselves so far are pretty fun also. I'm only on the third boss on normal mode, but so far I'm enjoying it a lot. I love the whole feel of it.

So you leveled from 85 to 90 and have no clue as to who the mogu are and why we're fighting them...

I think we got a guy who bought this account or paid to be power leveled. Even if you paid scant attention to what you were doing you'd know who the mogu were.

---------- Post added 2012-10-26 at 09:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    Not a single raid has been interesting since wotlk ended;p This is old news, sad news, but old ones.
    You found ToC interesting?
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Do you think that may be a fault of RF and not of the actual instance design? When you queue up for something rather than travel there, go in and stomp through bosses without any resistance and spend an hour beating on loot pinatas with total strangers, how do you expect there to be a sense of story, goals, progress or accomplishment. Progressing through raids at a slower pace with friends gives you more time to think about why you're there and why you are fighting various bosses. LFR doesn't offer any of this, it's basically get in, collect loot, get out.

There's a lot of dots during leveling and Lorewalker Cho adds some more. Connect them and it makes sense.

Yeah yeah, I know there is lore and story behind the raid. My point is that, after fighting the burning legion, the scourge, old gods, elemental lords and what have you, we're suddenly here fighting these small fry who don't seem to pose any sort of significant threat. No one in Pandaria seems to give a shit. Pandas are farming and drinking beer without a care in the world. Horde is fighting with the Alliance as usual. The Sha are getting their butts kicked by random wandering bands of adventurers. The Klaxxi are... doing their whole war thing.

I actually found MV to be pretty lore heavy. I was really excited for LFR part 2 to come out so I could see the end of it all (not raiding with guild currently). I actually noticed that one of the quests from Mogu'shan Palace (the 5 man) that asks you to retrieve items of the 4 ancient mogu emperors, were actually the spirit kings! They had the same name on them. I was also surprised to find out about Mogu history, as we were introduced to different emperors that led in different ways, such as Subetai the Swift that was known for sharing his wealth with the poor. Which means Mogu may be evil to other races, but are just like us when they deal with other mogu. Or how the crazed emperor had all record of him stricken from history as the Mogu hated him so much due to his tyrannical regime. Or simply because they were embarresed, I don't know which. And it showed a very strong connection between the Titan's and the Mogu. Judging how the Mogu fight the Mantid (who serve the Old Gods), they may very well be Titan creations like the Earthen or Tol'vir that just see other races as inferior.

EDIT: If you dont understand any of this... thats the reason you see no lore in the raid
    Last edited by Vongimi; 2012-10-26 at 09:49 PM.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I had no idea why I was in BoT or BWD and I have very little idea why im in MSV, I just turn up for the raids, the lore sometimes interests me, the LK being one and kara being another but mostly I just wowpedia it or something, not much of a quest text reader.
    BWD, Blackwing/Nefarian, he's back from the dead as a zombie and still carrying out experiments that you must stop.

BoT, it's fucking Cho'gall, a character that has been a villain since Warcraft 2. He's insane and now he's being run by Old Gods.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you dont pay attention to the story OUTSIDE the raid, its obvious that you will be somewhat lost, TIP> pay attention to Lorewalker Cho, not hard.

Deleted
    I don't give a damn about lore, a want bosses. For me it's a really good tier so far

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah yeah, I know there is lore and story behind the raid. My point is that, after fighting the burning legion, the scourge, old gods, elemental lords and what have you, we're suddenly here fighting these small fry who don't seem to pose any sort of significant threat. No one in Pandaria seems to give a shit. Pandas are farming and drinking beer without a care in the world. Horde is fighting with the Alliance as usual. The Sha are getting their butts kicked by random wandering bands of adventurers. The Klaxxi are... doing their whole war thing.
    The mogu pose no thread? did you even freaking do the last part of the raid?Elegon's Titan energy room? A room full of Titan energy that the Mogu intented to use and unleash upon Azeroth? Will of the emperor? A machine that can create an INFINITE army to conquer the world in the name of the Thunder King? (Who i bet you havent even bothered to do the quests and find out what he is capable of).

Honestly, i just dont think you give a shit, as you stated, since you havent payed attention to ANYTHING. This is what happens when people who dont care about lore try to care then, say is underwhelming, derp.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2012-10-26 at 09:55 PM.