Thread: Bloodlust nerf?

Bloodlust nerf?

What gives with the bloodlust nerf?

It's a tool tip rewording.

They didnt touch melee/ranged haste, so i see it as a buff for most classes, more dot/healing ticks in the usual timeframe, plus the casting speed increase.

Changing spell casting speed, to spell haste is a lot more than a rewording. It becomes subject to diminishing returns when its converted to haste which could potentially be huge. no where do I see that its already that way and this is just a tooltip rewrite.

Quote Originally Posted by SupaTank View Post
    Changing spell casting speed, to spell haste is a lot more than a rewording. It becomes subject to diminishing returns when its converted to haste which could potentially be huge. no where do I see that its already that way and this is just a tooltip rewrite.
    There's no such thing as diminishing returns on Haste. If you think there are, you dont understand how Haste works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haste also affects gcd's of some spells and haste affects the amount of ticks of dot spells, so this is more of a buff then a nerf I think. No i haven't done the math for it

Nimryas - EU-Kazzak ~ My youtube channel

Regardless, it is still a raid wide cooldown that can be used once per fight that greatly improves the performance of the raid overall during the time of the buff. Who the fuck cares?

It's a tooltip correction... It's been spellhaste for a very long time...

Quote Originally Posted by SupaTank View Post
    What gives with the bloodlust nerf?
    Haste > Casting Speed.

For Energy/Focus regenerators, Melee/Ranged Haste increases their regen, but "Attack Speed" does not. DoTs gain ticks from Spell Haste, but not Casting Speed. Mages also get more Mana Regen from Haste, but not Speed.

If anything it's a buff to all Casters, healer and damage.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's just a tooltip clarification. BL has been granting haste for some time now. Haste does not have diminishing returns, but there is a hard cap on the GCD (1 second). Various specs have one or more soft haste caps; once a cap is reached, the relative value of haste compared to other secondary stats is lower, until nearing the next soft cap.

Tooltip thing as others say. If you don't believe it, just go and check the actual spell effect mechanics.
    Increase Attack Speed
    Radius: 100 yard(s)
    Amount: 30%

Mod Size

Mod Spell Haste
    ^ That's the new one, it's identical to the current one on live. Notice how virtually every class spell involving haste increases of some sort got a tooltip change.

Seems that somebody at Blizzard decided to simply change their official wording for haste effects and standardized it.