15+ Year Old Account

Looking for a Mining/Herbalism Minimap Icon Addon

Hi.

I'm looking for an minimap addon that simply replaces the default yellow circle with an icon of the particular node. For example, if there's a golden lotus nearby, it would show the golden lotus icon, instead of a yellow circle.

The purpose of this addon would be to eliminate the tediousness of hovering your cursor over a yellow circle on the minimap to see what node it is.

Anybody know of an addon similar to what I've said?
    Last edited by Ibbi; 2012-10-27 at 12:21 AM.
    DISCLAIMER: Reader discretion advised. The above post is entirely fictional and purely for entertainment purposes only. Any similarities to real life events, animals, humans, persons, politicians, or any other form of entity, living, dead or in any other state of existence, is purely coincidental. The author cannot and will not be held accountable for such similarities or any other parallels that are imagined and/or drawn by you, the reader, between the above fictional work and real life events.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    It can't be done - addons don't have "access" to what actually appears on the minimap. They can't change the icons on individual nodes, and they can't make noise when a node appears. They can't react to what appears there in any way, only the WoW Client can do it.

The only change they can make to the icons is to replace the entire icon with something else - as in, tracked nodes now look like this instead of the yellow circle, but it wouldn't solve your issue, since Earthroot would still have the same icon as Golden Lotus.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taryble View Post
    It can't be done - addons don't have "access" to what actually appears on the minimap. They can't change the icons on individual nodes, and they can't make noise when a node appears. They can't react to what appears there in any way, only the WoW Client can do it.

The only change they can make to the icons is to replace the entire icon with something else - as in, tracked nodes now look like this instead of the yellow circle, but it wouldn't solve your issue, since Earthroot would still have the same icon as Golden Lotus.
    Wow that horribly sucks. I can't believe Blizzard blocks addons like what I'm suggesting.

Now I'm probably gonna hurt my wrist because of constantly checking the minimap for every yellow dot!
    DISCLAIMER: Reader discretion advised. The above post is entirely fictional and purely for entertainment purposes only. Any similarities to real life events, animals, humans, persons, politicians, or any other form of entity, living, dead or in any other state of existence, is purely coincidental. The author cannot and will not be held accountable for such similarities or any other parallels that are imagined and/or drawn by you, the reader, between the above fictional work and real life events.

you can get an addon called Gatherer that will add icons on the node you just gathered in that spot on the map, effectively building up a database of where everything is so you can just do routes to all the golden lotus instead

but as stated above, there is no way to alter the yellow dot or determine what it is without mousing over it, the best that can be done is an overlay which Gatherer does

Gatherer: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...-Gatherer.html

Gatherer Database (incase you dont want to build your own): http://www.wowinterface.com/download...DBWoWHead.html

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I personally use GatherMate instead of Gatherer, but yeah, they don't really do what this fellow wants. I'd LOVE an addon that would let me know if I found a Trillium vein instead of a Ghost Iron Ore one... or whatever.

But the reason they don't is to keep people from automating too much or getting an unfair advantage - certain things they just don't want addons to have access to (the minimap being one).

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Mapster doesn't include the functionality he wants (it's a world map replacement, not a minimap replacement), and it also doesn't include the node-tracking functionality of Gatherer or GatherMate.