Questions on the Benghazi attacks

This isn't an election discussion, please leave Obama and Romney out of it. That being said the Benghazi attack is a big deal and it seems to me that there is a lot of information that has been left out of this story and still major conflicting points, despite being about 7 weeks old, for example, why were teh CIA operatives and security personel not able to find the ambassador when they knew which room he was in (especially considering since the milita were able to find him)?

Also , why are there conflicting reports about the mob that found the ambassador? Some say they helped take him to the hospital, while others state they brutally beat him? It seems suspicious either way, on the one hand, if they beat and possibly killed the ambassador, why would he then be taken to the hospital? In those types of situations, it seems like the mob would leave him to die.

On the flip side, if the mob helped the ambassador, then why did the CIA operatives and military come under fire when they returned to the embassy?

Also, why was the ambassador in such a dangerous area on the anniversary of 9/11 and how exactly did the terrorists find out about the ambassadors location?

Feel free to respond if you think you have any answers, or if you have more questions on your own. It seems like there are a lot of details missing and I'm not sure if we will ever find out what really happened.

-------> Congressional hearing <------

Unless someone here is a psychic noone can tell you those answers. This will devolve into a partisan scream fest. Republicans trying to turn this into Obama's version of Iran Contra or some crap.

The more they turn it political the worse they look to independents.

Yeah, I'm hoping this doesn't turn into some sort of "DONT VOTE FOR NOBAMA" stuff, and it's all purely speculation, but I thought it might be worth discussing still.

things like this always lead to finger pointing. but look at it from a little bit broader view. there is intel suggesting any number of threats any number of places from any number of sources every day. if we let them determine every single thing we do then we would be paralyzed from the inability to act, when the overwhelming majority either never come about or are thwarted. of course, after the fact, all the signs are clear. but there are innumerable signs of things in the first place, and there is no telling which are legit without something more