Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Hey, i've got a story to tell.

I'm 16 and i have a big weight on my shoulders that i want to lay off in these forums. I think i've got the Asperger syndrom or i'm just socially awkward, but it was never proven that i didn't have it, I've got a lot of symptons of it except that i'm not quite intelligent, however as a dutch guy i learned english quite early but that could be just because i game alot. A few years back in the basic school i used to crap my pants and get panic attacks whenever i stood up out of my chair or had attention from my classmates. Then i got into high school and i bailed out within a week, got permission to leave school and pretty much just did nothing after that, only therapy, getting out of bed, turning on the PC and going to the toilet once in a while and get anti-depressants from the therapist a year later that do jack, and i fuck up my posture by somehow getting a mild forward neck, and fatting up because doing absolutely nothing does that, who would've though that? (Not overweight or something, just above average)

Things start to get better though, soon i can study to become a game designer and i'm burning some fat by working out one hour every work day a week and by not eating unworthy crap like chips and beer, and i do exercises that strengthen my lower back and neck muscles.

However i've been feeling quite lonely lately and it might sound stupid but it's because of south park.
    You know, i'm getting old and i want these recent years back and have friends to play with that i never really had, but soon i'm going to be an adult and it just all feels like i skipped a supposedly fun part of life.

Ugh, anyway i guess it's good to write this down, could show this my parents.

I wonder if there's anyone out there like me.

I'm rooting for you! My only advice is to find something you're interested in and see if there are any groups out there that get together and do that. I met my wife after I decided to start an open D&D campaign. Just doing that, I've made lifelong friendships with people I share much in common with.

Good luck and hang in there!
    If you love someone, you will focus your life on their happiness.

Quote Originally Posted by blikz1 View Post
    I'm 16 and i have a big weight on my shoulders that i want to lay off in these forums. I think i've got the Asperger syndrom or i'm just socially awkward, but it was never proven that i didn't have it, I've got a lot of symptons of it except that i'm not quite intelligent, however as a dutch guy i learned english quite early but that could be just because i game alot. A few years back in the basic school i used to crap my pants and get panic attacks whenever i stood up out of my chair or had attention from my classmates. Then i got into high school and i bailed out within a week, got permission to leave school and pretty much just did nothing after that, only therapy, getting out of bed, turning on the PC and going to the toilet once in a while and get anti-depressants from the therapist a year later that do jack, and i fuck up my posture by somehow getting a mild forward neck, and fatting up because doing absolutely nothing does that, who would've though that? (Not overweight or something, just above average)

Things start to get better though, soon i can study to become a game designer and i'm burning some fat by working out one hour every work day a week and by not eating unworthy crap like chips and beer, and i do exercises that strengthen my lower back and neck muscles.

However i've been feeling quite lonely lately and it might sound stupid but it's because of south park.
    You know, i'm getting old and i want these recent years back and have friends to play with that i never really had, but soon i'm going to be an adult and it just all feels like i skipped a supposedly fun part of life.

Ugh, anyway i guess it's good to write this down, could show this my parents.

I wonder if there's anyone out there like me.
    I have Asperger's...

1) Asperger's ranges from normal to highly intelligent. You don't have to be a rock star.

2) You sound like you're having a quarter life crisis... you're not even there yet (early mid 20s) so chill you're not old.

Deleted
    Thanks man, i didn't expect to get watery eyes after this thread.

Deleted
    I began to work at 12-13 years of age and I've been doing that for over 10 years now. I can relate to you on that part, not having any real friends or nothing much to do on your sparetime and so on. It's a sneak preview to how it is to be an adult. I felt very depressed for many years because I realized there isn't really anything more to life than this, I had reached the peak of city living, being a productive and self sustaining adult and I didn't like it one tiny bit.

There isn't a how-to guide on happiness ,this you'll have to figure out yourself, as I and many other adults did in our transition age.
    For whatever it's worth, my happiness became trolling on forums,playing games, going out with friends and occasionally get laid.

It doesn't have to be more complex than that

Deleted
    I'm happy that there are actually cool people like you in this world, anyway i'm going bed now. it's late.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been in sort of the same place as you have, thinking I have all these mental illnesses and feeling socially awkward. What I can tell you is that you are most likely not mentally ill, because a lot of those syndroms apply to anyone by a certain degree. Just tell yourself that you are not ill, it will make things easier for you, otherwise you will be blocking yourself up in your thoughts and only think negative things.

As far as socially awkward goes, that's a bit of a mystery for myself still.. but you've got to try the same thing really, just tell yourself that there is nothing wrong with you, just be friendly and show that you want to make friends with people. If you think that you are too wierd to hang out with people, then know that It is VERY ok to be a little special.. People can actually appreciate it, you know, in the same way like if they are eating some new type food with a spice they've never tasted before but they realise still like it.

It's also very good for you to challenge yourself.. Instead of turning on the computer, go do something that frightens you. Try to conquer it. There is much confidence to gain from beating down your fears and instead loving what you used to hate. Expose yourself for your fears.

I think it's awesome that you are keeping up 1 hour of training each work day, that's something to be proud of. Try to stick with that, just to prove to yourself what you really are capable of.

And one of the most important things to do when you feel depressed/sad/angry/whatever negative feeling, is to talk to someone about, just to get it out. It doesn't even have to be a person you know, but you might not want to talk to a stranger about what you are thinking, that's a matter of opinion. Actually just talking to someone about it without even getting much of a response might help.. But it's great if the person really wants to help you and starts to talk back to you. It has happened a lot of times to me that i've been going around with some thought and as soon as i said it outloud, i realised how stupid and just how destructive it was..

Hope it's been helpful, just ask if there you think of something else i like discussing these things.. i like to show to ppl that there are other people in the world that still have some nice values and care about others.

Edit: oh and you are not old.. at all.. 16 is like. wow..
    Last edited by maxtor; 2012-10-27 at 01:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by christschinwon
    these isolated tracks really do show the playing warts & all which is a good thing. I'd hate to think that my musical heros were machine like perfectionists. Steve Harris is & will always be just a cockney geezer who also happens to be a fucking great bass player!

15+ Year Old Account
    We all feel we've missed a lot once we're around 25. I'm 25 and I have that feeling. If only I listened to my father more... but well, I've made my own choices and had some adventure and some experience from my own path. Things are getting better gradually, for now I'm glad I'm finished with the army, I'm finishing university, I've got a job, I work out, and I have friemds. What I don't have is time and girlfriend, but considering how busy I am with doing useful stuff, it's a fair trade.

For you? Don't be obsessed over what you've missed. Cheer up, you're a glorious bastard, go on fixing yourself and your life will sort itself out. It's karma, man. At least it works for me. If you're being good and doing the right things, everything will sort itself out eventually.

Deleted
    I'm just like you, hang on, things can only get better.

Childhood through high school is always rough, and Asperger's certainly doesn't help.

Though you're 16 and pushing "soon I'm going to be an adult" as if you already are one. Enjoy the present, rather than dreading the future.

You may scoff at it, but as for a group of friends that have been encouraging and helps remind me of my inner child, I haven't found anyone better. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...o-White-Castle
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Deleted
    I'm not sure where or how i'm going to make some friends, are there any websites that organize lan parties for people around my age?

---------- Post added 2012-10-27 at 10:30 PM ----------

you know, i really doubt i'm going to meet friends in my house, does anyone know any fun activity for me?

Deleted
    you never had friends?

Quote Originally Posted by blikz1 View Post
    I'm not sure where or how i'm going to make some friends, are there any websites that organize lan parties for people around my age?

---------- Post added 2012-10-27 at 10:30 PM ----------

you know, i really doubt i'm going to meet friends in my house, does anyone know any fun activity for me?
    What kind of sport are you doing at the moment? Whatever it is, it's pretty likely there's a club for that near you that you can join.

Deleted
    well, none actually

Well, whatever it is you do when you work out your one hour each workday :P

EDIT: Or if this wouldn't be a fitting club activity, join a random other one!

Deleted
    I really doubt that there are other dudes around my age that workout.

Then try something else .

Deleted
    i don't know.

Hey man, Ik heb ook veel problemen en als ge ierover wilt prate moogde mij altijd een bericht sture, kben er voor u.

Sorry for the dutch, just letting him know people are here for him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    Hey man, Ik heb ook veel problemen en als ge ierover wilt prate moogde mij altijd een bericht sture, kben er voor u.

Sorry for the dutch, just letting him know people are here for him.
    okay dude, thanks