Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    Thanks for the guide.. Bought my MF gear, specced up, went to the Ruined Cistern. First crate that gets destroyed drops Uskang (legendary bow) with + exp and then I encounter a goblin, and guess what.. He drops Leoric's Signet.. GG GJ THNXBAI!

  2. #42
    Moderator Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    13,050
    Updated some things. Spec choices for other classes, and an alternate path.

    General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

  3. #43
    I'm using a Wizard
    Max magic find normal on mp10
    I just run road to alcarnus.
    there is a checkpoint there and you start on the opposite side of the bridge.
    It takes me a minute and a half to make a run. I only get a legendary every 50 runs or so, but I've also gotten the ring twice with this method.
    I've made 400 runs since i started this route. 2 rings in 400 runs at a minute thirty a run, pretty awesome i think.
    I also got the first ring on my 25th run doing this lol
    I always seem to get lucky with these things. I've heard people do this same method and spend 20 hours and still no ring.
    But it seems to work for me.
    I'd give it a try for a while.

  4. #44
    Moderator Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    13,050
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePunnyBunny View Post
    I'm using a Wizard
    Max magic find normal on mp10
    I just run road to alcarnus.
    there is a checkpoint there and you start on the opposite side of the bridge.
    It takes me a minute and a half to make a run. I only get a legendary every 50 runs or so, but I've also gotten the ring twice with this method.
    I've made 400 runs since i started this route. 2 rings in 400 runs at a minute thirty a run, pretty awesome i think.
    I also got the first ring on my 25th run doing this lol
    I always seem to get lucky with these things. I've heard people do this same method and spend 20 hours and still no ring.
    But it seems to work for me.
    I'd give it a try for a while.
    What area exactly are you farming? Alcarnus? I can't imagine it being very efficient, since you don't even have NV stacks with it.

    General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    What area exactly are you farming? Alcarnus? I can't imagine it being very efficient, since you don't even have NV stacks with it.
    Alcarnus itself is the area I'm farming.
    Like I said it really isn't all that efficient, I only find 1 legendary about every 50 runs or so.
    But I've also gotten the ring twice in that area, with no NV, in 400 runs total(I tally every run)
    It may just be luck, but i intend to keep running that path.
    A minute and a half per run, 400 runs, 2 rings. You compare the math to your route and method and see which one seems better.
    If I were you, I'd give it a shot.

  6. #46
    I have waypoint inside Vault of the Assassin. Doing circle till 5 stacks then teleporting to Sewers/Cistern/Alcarnus/Oasis etc.

    After HOURS of farming ring dropped in Vault. I almost jizzed my pants. Did not know there is second ring with higher level req

    Now Im wonder if its good choice starting at vault, probably must wait now again HOURS till next ring (the correct one) drop

  7. #47
    The ring can drop in the Vault too. The right ring, not manald heal. Saw a screenshot someone took when people were trying to work out where the ring could/couldn't drop.

  8. #48
    i just started farming this by using your helpful guide, so i thought i'd add my non-monk way. my witch doctor has the manajuma weapon and offhand which produces a poison cloud below my feet and does damage to anything it touches. it actually mows through everything and quickly. less than a second for packs/keywarden. i just did one full run following your guide without having to cast ANYTHING. i highly recommend this for WD's if you can afford the weapon/offhand set.

  9. #49
    Thanks for the info in the thread, I found it very useful.

    After about 16 hours of farming i finally dropped the signet - luckily for me it was a 30% exp one so probably worth it. This was in Ruined cistern from a GOB.

    I would seriously advise other players to buy one of these rings though. I was on the verge of insanity towards the end. I just had to get one, I'd invested too much time in it.

    If you want to get your own ring though my advice would be to do the VOTA, Sewers, Ruined Cistern, Dhalgur Oasis run as quickly as possible.

    Don't even worry about killing anything unless it is an elite pack / gob. I did get a couple of legendaries from standard mobs, but I got so many legendaries it's only worth focusing on the elites (to save time)

    When you get to Dhalgur, don't worry about covering every inch of the map, just make sure you do the two main randomised areas, forgotten ruins, and as many other areas as possible when there. Don't bother with stormy cellar and the pointless places where there are about 3 mobs that drop nothing. It's a waste of time.

    I will update this post later with more details of my run, but as a starter if you are contemplating this run and you already have a lev 60 character and can easily farm at mp3 - 4 on inferno, just stick with mp3 - 4. You're more likely to drop a valuable item and you will get a lot more experience on your character to go towards paragon.

  10. #50
    The Lightbringer Beazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    3,219
    sweet man, thanks for the write up. I will do this tonight! I knew I was taking WAY to long to farm this shit.

  11. #51
    So I've decided to go through my auction house history to see how many Legendary items dropped before I dropped the signet.

    Balance * 4
    Crudest Boots * 4
    The Barber * 2
    Split Tusk * 4
    Pox faulds * 1
    Gazing Demise * 1
    Winter flurry * 4
    See no evil * 7
    Girdle of Giants * 1
    Genzaniku * 1
    Magefist * 2
    Steady Strikers * 1
    Aquila Cuirass * 1
    Manald Heal * 1
    Boneshatter * 3
    The Executioner * 2
    Vigilante Belt * 2
    Scrimshaw * 1

    That's 42 items......before that ring!!!

    I would suggest people just buy one!

    I'm now back farming inferno - and this morning a great zunimassa's trail dropped. It's nice to be back at level 60 items!

  12. #52
    Thanks dude I've been trying to figure out a good farming route for it.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosjones View Post
    Good guide but lady luck sways far away from me with MF 475 and 16 runs later still no legendary......

    just to clarify no legendary at all. not even a sword or something else.

    Don't feel too bad. I've done ~12 runs so far (in the beginning I would end after the waterways instead of before but have since cut them from my runs). I've gotten ~6 legendary with an MF of 460. So it's ~1 every two trips but I fear that it will fall to about 1 every 3, now that I've cut some of the zones I run through.

    With MF ~460, I'm getting a legendary about once every 100 rares or so. And I get rares after my NV stack up to 5 from elites (because it _has_ to give me a rare :P Otherwise, I think maybe 2-3 rares drop for me via regular mobs/chests per run. IMO that is way less than it should be with an MF that high. I think sticking w/ elites is just the way to go. You may get lucky and get it off a regular mob, but it already feels like I'm trying to win at the lottery (oh wait, I am! :P

    Still, MUCH THANKS! to OP for the write-up! It's been very helpful!

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzskywalker View Post
    [...] so i thought i'd add my non-monk way. my witch doctor has the manajuma weapon and offhand which produces a poison cloud below my feet and does damage to anything it touches [...]
    An (much cheaper) alternative to this would be to just use Fire Walkers boots. Anything you touch dies, making the run pretty fast and painless.

  15. #55
    Moderator Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    13,050
    Quote Originally Posted by cad3 View Post
    With MF ~460, I'm getting a legendary about once every 100 rares or so. And I get rares after my NV stack up to 5 from elites (because it _has_ to give me a rare :P Otherwise, I think maybe 2-3 rares drop for me via regular mobs/chests per run. IMO that is way less than it should be with an MF that high. I think sticking w/ elites is just the way to go. You may get lucky and get it off a regular mob, but it already feels like I'm trying to win at the lottery (oh wait, I am! :P
    I wouldn't say that. I think I got most of my legendaries from regular mobs over elites. The five NV stacks are still important though, because that's more MF over the cap (which is 475 at that difficulty).

    General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

  16. #56
    After reading this thread I decided to try and get that ring again. After buying some MF and Pickup Radius gear for my Tempest Rush monk I did the run twice, and lo and behold, a perfectly rolled Leoric's Signet:



    Dropped in 1 of those unlockable cave/temples (the one with one lever, can't remember the name), off an elite pack.

    I must've put around 40-60 hours in total in getting the thing, but finally got it <3

  17. #57
    Moderator Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    13,050
    Quote Originally Posted by tinnermans View Post
    After reading this thread I decided to try and get that ring again. After buying some MF and Pickup Radius gear for my Tempest Rush monk I did the run twice, and lo and behold, a perfectly rolled Leoric's Signet:

    [IMG]http://www.minvis.nl/leoric.jpg[IMG]

    Dropped in 1 of those unlockable cave/temples (the one with one lever, can't remember the name), off an elite pack.

    I must've put around 40-60 hours in total in getting the thing, but finally got it <3
    In the Oasis then. There are two, one with a simple elver that unlocks it, and one with two levers, and an elite pack that spawn when you hit the first pack.

    Gonna sell or use? That will fetch a hefty price on the auction house.

    General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

  18. #58
    The Patient
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    The Kingdom of Lordaeron.
    Posts
    222
    I've still not played Diablo, want it so bad
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits, whereas stupidity does not...

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    In the Oasis then. There are two, one with a simple elver that unlocks it, and one with two levers, and an elite pack that spawn when you hit the first pack.

    Gonna sell or use? That will fetch a hefty price on the auction house.
    In the Oasis, the cave you unlock with a single lever (without the elite pack spawning).

    Gonna sell it yep, any idea what kind of price I should be aiming at?

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by tinnermans View Post
    After reading this thread I decided to try and get that ring again. After buying some MF and Pickup Radius gear for my Tempest Rush monk I did the run twice, and lo and behold, a perfectly rolled Leoric's Signet:

    Dropped in 1 of those unlockable cave/temples (the one with one lever, can't remember the name), off an elite pack.

    I must've put around 40-60 hours in total in getting the thing, but finally got it <3
    That is awesome! Congrats! I think I need to go for 2 of them. I know that I'll keep at least one of them. And with something that good, I wouldn't be surprised to see it go for 50 M or more.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •