Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Decided to give it a go on my wizard. Bought some cheap ass mf gear, not giving a sh*t about stats. I'm using Ice Armor with the Frozen Storm rune and I can keep it up at all times. Get 24% movement speed and you can simply run through everything without having to stop. I have yet to start my second run, but so far this seems to be a very easy way of farming.
    Last edited by Tale; 2012-12-25 at 12:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tinnermans View Post
    In the Oasis, the cave you unlock with a single lever (without the elite pack spawning).

Gonna sell it yep, any idea what kind of price I should be aiming at?
    I'm not an auction house pro. I undercut everything 50% and it still doesn't sell. But, it's a pretty simple item. The best XP bonus ones sell very well. Currently on U.S. server, they're around 120million. You could gamble with setting a lower bid price and no buyout and try to see what people go for it, but really I have no clue.

Logged in to play one round before going off to an overnight holiday party. Wished for Santa and got Krampus. My standard run (which I tallied this time).

Starting MF 400, ending MF 475.
    5 gob (2 before I was at max stats so missed 2 rares)
    26 Rares
    1 Legendary (I didn't get one the last 2 runs so I felt I was due and wishing on that x-mas miracle)

order:
    Black Canyon, Sewers, Alcarnas, Cistern, All major areas of Oasis.

Normally I do BC, A, S, C, O but this time I switched up A & S.

This brings my legendary count up to 17. Just 25 more if we are going by the magic number of 42! :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seja Victrix View Post

I wish I could say this was the first bagful of crap, but it's the third. Had duplicates and triplicates of almost every possible legendary in that level range but no ring! My luck sucks.
    I'm sorry but whatdafuk?! I'm going to assume this is MP10 or something.
    I'm farming inferno on mp5 with full valor stacks and i've seen the sum total of 2 legendaries in my total time playing....

Quote Originally Posted by thomolithic View Post
    I'm sorry but whatdafuk?! I'm going to assume this is MP10 or something.
    I'm farming inferno on mp5 with full valor stacks and i've seen the sum total of 2 legendaries in my total time playing....
    It's an accumulation of a ton of farming of normal mp10 with maxed out MF looking for rings, I wouldn't read much into it (other than that apparently the ring is rarer than the others).

I did 3 full clears of act 2 normal with MP 10 on yesterday.
    I got 1 legendary in each of the first 2 runs (some crappy gloves and something else)
    On my 3rd run however, i got a total of 6 legendarys! 2 of them being rings.... but not the right one.

Both rings dropped within 5 mins of eachother, and both where that stupid Manald Heal ring with int -.-
    Ran it as a DH in a total of 302% MF (including NV stack) with Shuriken Cloud glyph... everything just dies around you hehe :P

Edit: Typo
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillieB View Post
    Well the shadow-priest ain't a daffodil tooting snuggle bunny either. Besides this is the priest forum not gonna get much love for that line of reasoning here locky-loo - All your sha are belonging to us.

Deleted
    Get a firewalker, even rares die just by you touching them. (0 thorns while testing this)

oh also stupid liquid rainbow giving false hopes...just like those books.
    Last edited by mmocf391b05d2d; 2012-12-27 at 05:09 PM.

having done run after run after run.... x(
    I've started keeping some tabs (and I'm curious if others are finding similar or not):

My base:
    mv: +34%
    gf: +127%
    mf: 400%

I've picked up over 2 million gold on the ground (I know because of an achieve I was tracking).
    I get 1 legendary every 2 runs, or 2 legendary every 3. I'm pretty sure it's something in between that (maybe 3 every 5?)
    Each run generates between 20 - 30 rares (35 if I do a little longer run).
    A run takes me no less than 20 minutes and no more than 40 (depending on how many sub-areas I have to explore).

The 25 Legendary items I acquired so far:
    Spirit Stone 4
    Quiver 3
    Voodoo Mask 3
    helm 2
    belt 2
    bracers 2
    chest 1
    axe 1
    2-handed sword 1
    fist weapon 1
    pants 1
    bow 1
    2-hanced mace 1
    spear 1
    2-handed axe 1
    ring 0

My least favorite legendary items to find are helm and belt because before my eyes resolve letters they resolve length, and 'helm' and 'belt' are 4 letters long... just like 'ring'.
    And the worst part is that I've pretty much fully decided I'm going for 2 of them

---------- Post added 2012-12-28 at 04:12 AM ----------

Damn! This is the fourth time it's happened. The legendary I get is during the NV stack run (which isn't in the area that can possibly drop the ring). I'm beginning to think I should drop all areas except Cistern, Alcarnas and Oasis. If it happens again, that is what I'll do and I'll let you know the results.
    Last edited by cad3; 2012-12-27 at 10:18 PM.

I found 57 legendaries so far. Stopped track how many hours I spend in normal act 2. Got one ring but the intel one. Got 3x leoric crown but NEVER signet. I invest so much time and still nothing, its so frustrating. I would be probably beter just stopped this and go back farm inferno but I just cant stop now

For the love of god I could cry.

+30 int
    26% bonus exp.

For the record, I cut out ALL but Alcarnus, Cistern and Oasis. This ring was off a dervish elite in Oasis.
    Let the XP runs begin! All the best to the rest of you making the runs!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cad3 View Post
    For the love of god I could cry.

+30 int
    26% bonus exp.

For the record, I cut out ALL but Alcarnus, Cistern and Oasis. This ring was off a dervish elite in Oasis.
    Let the XP runs begin! All the best to the rest of you making the runs!
    heh gz. im still trying to find one, crappy luck

Quote Originally Posted by cad3 View Post
    F

Are you getting 5NV before this locations or going stright without?

Got one from the Oasis off an elite pack.

My route every time I set up to do a clear for Leoric's is desolate sands -> find vault of the assassin for the checkpoint + to get 5 stacks in there. (from what most people say, it can't drop in here so none of the mobs are "wasted" by killing them with <5 stacks).

Once I have all 5 stacks town portal, do Sewers of Caldeum, Road to Alcarnus / clear Alcarnus itself, and then do all of Oasis.

My ring was strength at 28% exp, still farming to try to get another one to put on my follower.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Are you getting 5NV before this locations or going stright without?
    No. I get the 5NV "on the way". Reason being is that I'd go to "other locations" to get 5NV. Places where the ring didn't have a chance to drop because the drop lvls were off... and... I got 4 legendaries that way. After the 4th, I realized, wtf... I need to maximize my chance for the ring, so ONLY go where the ring can possibly be. And that meant that I dropped my runs to ~15-20 minutes from about 30. Shorter runs, more often. But only were the ring could be.

In this case... I got my ring in the Oasis, at 4 NV. Shrug. I'm already at 400% when I start... getting up to 475% is a little bump, but you are only guaranteed 1 rare at 5nv, nothing else. So, for me, why bother.

Deleted
    aish what is this shit.. no legendary drop in my last 20 signet runs, and only crap gladiator guantlets in my inferno farming runs.

i think ill change my route a bit, cause i keep getting new checkpoints unless i go to the zolten kul place, can easily get 5 stacks there and hit oasis.