The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Principal changes teacher's grades and harasses him.

http://www.ocregister.com/news/doan-...-students.html, basically this article is saying that the principal at this school changed a teachers grades for his students while harassing him and accusing him of several different things,

What do you guys think?

Edit: dont take my summary as my thoughts on what happened
    Last edited by Pacabra; 2012-10-27 at 06:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Terrible teacher is negligent in his duties and in the manner of assigning grades, school administration takes matters into their own hands. When autonomy fails something has to be done. Thats the gist I got from it, at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like a reasonable decision. The teacher called in sick the last five days of school, including the final exam, and didn't even tell them if he was going to be able to finish the grading. I'd say feel glad for the students, fluke free grade.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah i agree 100%

Deleted
    It baffles me that the system in America is dependent purely upon the grades of the teacher. While the teacher will obviously be the person spending the most time with the students they all deserve to be tested independently and impartially.

Either way, the regrading was done with the consent of the head of department and doubtless after careful consideration. The teacher seems somewhat arrogant and quite immature.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    What do you think of him being accuse of touching his male students genitals

Sounds like a reasonable decision made in the best interest of the students. It's good to have someone who's willing to cut through the rules and regulations to remedy a bad stiuation when the system stops working as intended.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like the school wants to push this guy out.

Not sure why they want to get rid of him, that stuff isn't in the story.

The thing about him touching a male student is silly the kid was layin on the floor and the teacher stepped over him makin a dirty joke, whatever so many be the guy is weird.

Like he said, if you ask a classroom full of kids to complain they will certainly do it. Kids bitch about anything and everything, ESPECIALLY in school.

There is undoubtedly more to this story, the teacher was open about not being there and that it was because of the harassment from the administrators, he told him union rep what was going on. Seems to me the union rep failed to do his part in passing that on to the school, what a surprise. Of course he didn't call in and explain why he wasn't there, he would have had to talk to the very people he was trying to avoid.

Now the principle in question has retired, also kinda interesting, could be coincidence, could be related.

Anyhow, not enough info in the story really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

Quote Originally Posted by Pacabra View Post
    What do you think of him being accuse of touching his male students genitals
    I think it's something that no one in this thread can really judge, since we know so little about the case and that particular incident. It's pretty much one line in the entire report.

I don't really see how this is news-worthy tbh.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.