WW pvp tips, tricks, macros

This is not a supposed to be an in-depth guide, but i wanted to share/discuss WW pvp nuances i have found out. Feel free to correct/contribute.

Gearing:

Our main nukes scale with weapon damage, not so much agility, so you want to stack as much pvp power as possible. Gem agil/pvp power in red, resil/pvp power yellow, pure pvp power in blue.

Macros:

I personally use this macro for disable:

#showtooltip disable
    /cancelaura spinning crane kick
    /cast [target=mouseover,harm][harm] disable

This allows me to mouseover root someone still in paralysis without it breaking if i'm not targeting them (I have targetlasttarget bound.) This lets you pull off a similar old trick that rogues could do with cheap shotting w/o breaking sap.

I highly recommend you guys use this macro for touch of death:

#showtooltip touch of death
    /targetlasttarget
    /targetlasttarget
    /cancelaura spining crane kick
    /cast touch of death

It removes some of the delay by forcing the server/client to realize your target is <10% hp when you spam it. It works for warrior execute and priest swd too.

Burst:

It takes Xuen about 5-8 seconds to switch to whatever you're attacking. If you're plan is to hit a healer and then paralyze, let him sit low, --> hard swap to a dps, then you don't want to pop Xuen too early. You don't want to blackout kick before hard swaps because that leaves a dot too.

Spinning Fire Blossom and PvP Use Trinket:
    That bonus 4k+ agility from the trinket actually increases the damage of this skill by close to 40%. By comparison the bonus agility only increases our physical dmg by ~15% (loose estimate.) Thus, don't be afraid to use this skill if you're being kited with your bonus agility up.

Misc:

- Fists of Fury will stun for full 4s to anyone hit, regardless of which tick they were hit by, or if they weren't hit by any subsequent ticks.
    - Flying serpent's kick provides a snare for disable root.
    - You can and should detox spriests devouring plague. It does a lot of damage and heals them.
    - Chi torpedo travels a little bit farther and faster than roll. 350% move for 1s vs 375% for 1s. (Flying serpent's kick is 400%.) You can be cc'ed while rolling, stopping your roll; be careful.
    - Glyph of spinning fire blossom is very good at stomping shaman totems. It will also be very good at killing priest psyfiends in 5.1.

Just tried out WW for the weekend, usually MW for 2's, 3's, and RBG's. Everything went fine in BG's and arenas. Only problem I ran into were hunters/priests/warriors. Which any WW can beat as long as the right CD's are used and the correct rotation is used. But the biggest problem I can see the damage output is not where it needs to be when in full pvp gear, we NEED something other than trinket to break fear (because dots sure take a long time now to break any time of fear/disorient effect), and something to get us out of roots besides tigers lust (If tigers lust made us immune to roots/snares that would be fine or even if the WW PvP gloves made it snares/roots).

Quote Originally Posted by Victoris View Post
    Just tried out WW for the weekend, usually MW for 2's, 3's, and RBG's. Everything went fine in BG's and arenas. Only problem I ran into were hunters/priests/warriors. Which any WW can beat as long as the right CD's are used and the correct rotation is used. But the biggest problem I can see the damage output is not where it needs to be when in full pvp gear, we NEED something other than trinket to break fear (because dots sure take a long time now to break any time of fear/disorient effect), and something to get us out of roots besides tigers lust (If tigers lust made us immune to roots/snares that would be fine or even if the WW PvP gloves made it snares/roots).
    You are correct, we are very sensitive to CC, but it's mostly fears and stuns rather than roots, personally roots are easy to break with tigers lust.

What annoys the hell out of me is fear, with DR an spriest can, at any point he/she wants keep me feared for over 10 seconds, not to mention I'm flaying my arms 40 yards away while they happily full heal themselves.

A great solution would be to have dampen harm / diffuse magic useable while being cc'd, diffuse magic breaking things like fear, dampen harm for stuns.
    Monk Guides/Tips & Fun unique videos check it out:
    YouTube.com/SmashUpGaming

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smashpanda View Post
    You are correct, we are very sensitive to CC, but it's mostly fears and stuns rather than roots, personally roots are easy to break with tigers lust.

What annoys the hell out of me is fear, with DR an spriest can, at any point he/she wants keep me feared for over 10 seconds, not to mention I'm flaying my arms 40 yards away while they happily full heal themselves.

A great solution would be to have dampen harm / diffuse magic useable while being cc'd, diffuse magic breaking things like fear, dampen harm for stuns.
    And of course reflecting the spell effect back if possible. That would be a fun, neat thing to have.

WW are very dependent on weapon damage for our main strikes. I'd hazard a guess that lfr version of heart of fear/terrace weapons would be better than t1 pvp weps.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoen View Post
    And of course reflecting the spell effect back if possible. That would be a fun, neat thing to have.
    Glyph of a Taste your own medicine!
    Your Diffuse magic is usable while you're unable to control your character, giving that bitch of a priest a taste of his own medicine!

WHAT I WOULD GIVE FOR THIS!
    Last edited by Smashpanda; 2012-10-29 at 07:34 AM.
    Monk Guides/Tips & Fun unique videos check it out:
    YouTube.com/SmashUpGaming