15+ Year Old Account

kael'thas bugged?

I'm trying to solo this boss and it goes just fine until he is at 3% then he suddenly does something that kills me in a couple of seconds. I was at full HP and burned my defensive CD's, no chance. Happened 3 times in a row now.

Well, your hp goes down with like what, 10% in his final phase if you hit something. And seeing how this is a stacking debuff..
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    When you are thrown in the air, stay well away until he begins to cast fireball again. If you attack during the gravity lapse phase he puts a debuff on you that reduces your HP by 10% and it stacks.

Deleted
    Working as intented, he reduces your HP with x amount of M untill you got let's say few k health left, a simply fireball is enough to oneshot you.

15+ Year Old Account
    so not soloable then =(

10+ Year Old Account
    You get this debuff by standing in melee range, you may avoid this by standing at max melee range as he have a very big hit box, or just wait til next stun phase where he cant do jack shit

This debuff makes you lose 10% of your total hp each stack, stacks up to 9 times. with 9 stacks you will only have around 35000 hp, asumming you have 350k max hp. take notice that this debuff is undispellable, once you get it, you lose 10% of your hp at all time through the rest of the encounter

It's either play safe by waiting for next stun phase, or play some gamble by standing at max melee range, or play extreme gamble by burst him down if you have that much burst.
    Last edited by leokegan; 2012-10-27 at 10:30 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryonic View Post
    so not soloable then =(
    Of course he's soloable, just avoid the clouds in last phase.

It's definitely soloable. You just have to pay attention to the nether vapor clouds.

10+ Year Old Account
    so not soloable then =(
    Sure. Just melee DPS stop until lapse is over.

10+ Year Old Account
    so not soloable then =(
    It is. Just did it yesterday. The debuff mentioned, Nether Vapor, is applied by the black "orbs" that spawn around him during the final phase. I believe there's four of them. If you position yourself well, you can avoid the debuff altogether, at least long enough to take him down. I accidentally got around 8 stacks of the damn thing yesterday, but still managed the kill easily. Just don't touch the floor and avoid the Nether Vapors and anything else he does should do laughable damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    it is indeed soloable, can confirm. Pretty fun to take a friend though and fight each other when MC'd.
    Hi

15+ Year Old Account
    did manage to down him atlast using special food and pots and a bit of luck on dps last percents. I only have dk with 462 ilvl so it took me like 20 tries though

did manage to down him atlast using special food and pots and a bit of luck on dps last percents. I only have dk with 462 ilvl so it took me like 20 tries though
    When he casts that stuff, just run out and you won't take that debuff. It's really simple.