10+ Year Old Account

Windows 8 Upgrade - Need Legit to Upgrade?

Hey guys,

Asking for a couple of friends who have less than legit versions of Windows 7 - Does the Windows 8 Upgrade versions require a Legit copy of Win7/Vista?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by m2geek View Post
    Hey guys,

Asking for a couple of friends who have less than legit versions of Windows 7 - Does the Windows 8 Upgrade versions require a Legit copy of Win7/Vista?
    why would they (wink wink*) upgrade to that mess?

Quote Originally Posted by m2geek View Post
    Hey guys,

Yes you do need a legit copy.

Deleted
    Why pay for Windows 8 if they havnt paid for Win 7?

probably because theres tons of deals for win8 pro for under 40 bucks....microcenter has that offer going now I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Krytz View Post
    why would they (wink wink*) upgrade to that mess?
    Because its a better system, thats why. Using it and loving it. There's no reason to create this "hate" atmosphere around it, stubborn people got Start Menu in fullscreen and cry.

Deleted
    There needs to be good deals to get people to jump to this adware loaded crap lol.

Deleted
    tss, even "non legit" windows can be upgraded, it's just a matter of knowing how. With that said, windows 8 is a joke and I'd recommend staying far far away from it.

Deleted
    Legit or not, you can upgrade to Windows 8 pro for like 30€ (Which IMO, Crappy start menu or not, is damn cheap) as long as it says genuine in your system settings (If you know what I mean). Add 10€ and microsoft will be kind enough to send you a DVD in case your HDD ever fails or you build a new PC.
    I wonder who thought that through at Microsoft.